SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Miscellaneous

Virtual's MD2 Parade - Sonic 2006 travels to Srb2! Details »»
Virtual's MD2 Parade - Sonic 2006 travels to Srb2!
Version: For any version, by VirtualBlitz546 (The infractions whore ;)) VirtualBlitz546 is offline
Developer Last Online: Nov 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (10 votes - 2.10 average)
Released: 03-27-2014 Last Update: Never Installs: 1
Scripts Re-Useable Content Additional Software Models

New Major Update!:
Sonic 2006 MD2 Pack - 3/7/2017

This new major update to the Sonic 2k6 MD2 Pack brings a whole new set of models directly ported from Sonic 06! Incluiding from Rings, to Springs, Item Boxes and Characters!

For this update I've added a brand new RAR file dedicated to this new major MD2 Pack update with all the models including an already set MD2.dat file for easier set up! I've also included optional blend textures just in case you wanna use Sonic, Tails & Knuckles in Online MP with different colors (as well as Super Sonic in SP)!

I'll be updating the General MD2 Pack containing all the models released on this thread so far with this new model update!
A lot of effort has been put into this new release so I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed both making and playing with these models!

Here are a pack of screenshots of almost all the newly added models!:
Spoiler:

Enjoy!

Hello there folks! This is my MD2 collection for Srb2 2.1.X. There will be lots of models for your own endless entertainment, here I'm gonna post big varieties of models from the classic eras like SADX to even Sonic Colors.

Stay tunned to this post to see more from me and more content!

Spoiler: Md2' recently posted

SADX Sonic and Tails:

This is my very first Md2 pack ever in Srb2.
NOTE: The last update is here! :D

UPDATE: 04/17/14 (April 17th)

Modern Sonic MD2!:

This is still not complete, since there's no Items animation yet, and there is no actual Super anim, i'll need to know what is the polycount limits of the new Srb2 patch. but everything else is complete! Enjoy.
ADDITION: I revamped the textures with HD ones and replaced the eyes with Sonic Boom's eye texture!

UPDATE: 05/14/14 (May 14th)

New Modern Super Sonic MD2 for Nights has been added to VirtualBlitz' MD2 Collection pack! No new images, my Imageshack account has been closed due to I don't really know. This new model brings you a new modern super sonic, it has taken really long to make this, massive UV Mapping and such. Just enjoy! :P

UPDATE: 02/10/15 (February 10th)

Oh yeah! The speed of sound arrives to Srb2 on 'Sonic Adventure 2 style'!
This is MOSTLY completed (textures not fully accurate), it's been a hard time doing this, but did it as much as I could. And DON'T expect Super Sonic animations!

UPDATE: 3/7/17 (July 3th)

[/CENTER]

This new major update to the Sonic 2k6 MD2 Pack brings a whole new set of models directly ported from Sonic 06! Incluiding from Rings, to Springs, Item Boxes and Characters!

For this update I've added a brand new RAR file dedicated to this new major MD2 Pack update with all the models including an already set MD2.dat file for easier set up! I've also included optional blend textures just in case you wanna use Sonic, Tails & Knuckles in Online MP with different colors (as well as Super Sonic in SP)!

I'll be updating the General MD2 Pack containing all the models released on this thread so far with this new model update!
A lot of effort has been put into this new release so I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed both making and playing with these models!

Here are a pack of screenshots of almost all the newly added models!:
Spoiler:

Enjoy!

EDIT: Now every character MD2 I make will be uploaded to the attachment called "VirtualBlitz' MD2 Collection.rar", while the SADX Md2 pack will stay as it is, if you want the new uploaded Md2s then download the pack mentioned above.

Recommended sizes:
'SADX Sonic and Tails' = 16.0 0.0
'Modern' Sonic = 19.0 0.0
'Modern' Super Sonic = 21.0 0.0
'SA2B' Sonic = 19.0 0.0

How to set up Md2 :
Simply create a folder named "MD2" into your Srb2 folder, next put the MD2 files into the MD2 folder, create a .txt file named "MD2.dat" and set up the model you want to use in-game (Example: Sonic Sonic.md2 3.0 0.0, [Sonic: the texture], [Sonic.md2: the model], [3.0 0.0: the size of the model]), save and close. Next, on the SRB2 console type "gr_md2 1" and you should be ready to go. Theres an existing MD2.dat into the packs I 've made to download. If you followed and understood the instructions here, then enjoy!

Download Now

File Type: rar Srb2 SADX Md2 Pack v2.5.rar (1.79 MB, 3649 views)
File Type: zip Virtual's MD2s Pack (Updated with 2006 Sonic).zip (5.22 MB, 682 views)
File Type: rar Sonic 06 Md2 Pack.rar (7.09 MB, 662 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 04-14-2014   #42
Terra
Needy child

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zero Team View Post
That was actually what I thought of "Sonic Next Gen" as, but I also thought it couldn't be that, since everyone seems to think it's the worst official Sonic game that has been made. What's bad about sneaking through loops?

Offtopic: It was buggy, I know, but the story had a lot of potential. If it was redone, and also available on computer via Steam, I'd play it, even though I beat it on PlayStation 3 already. At least if there was a demo so I'd know if my computer could handle it (Sonic Generations lags on my computer).

Ontopic: Well, alright, if you would want it, then sure. I just know I won't make it, and I also know the Models Resource (major, known site for model rips from games) derped out a week or so ago. I don't think a lot of people have that model of Sonic on their computer. I should shut up. *Derp*
Virtual already has the model. He showed it off in an editing topic. He even made animations for it too, I think.
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014   #43
The Zero Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Virtual already has the model. He showed it off in an editing topic. He even made animations for it too, I think.
Oh. Alright. Okay. Well, if he already made animations for it, then I don't see why not.
The Zero Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014   #44
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Hey, sorry I'm late, I didn't know about 2.1.7 patch since now xD. Well I'll try to make some more MD2s for srb2, but now that school started, I'm gonna have a short time to dedicate to Srb2 so you know.
VirtualBlitz546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014   #45
The Zero Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBlitz546 View Post
Hey, sorry I'm late, I didn't know about 2.1.7 patch since now xD.
It was released today, so you're not that late. But do you know if it's possible to have 2 .smd models, one for a mesh and one for a skeletal animation, and then import the mesh and apply the animations onto it with FragMotion?
Old 04-14-2014   #46
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zero Team View Post
It was released today, so you're not that late. But do you know if it's possible to have 2 .smd models, one for a mesh and one for a skeletal animation, and then import the mesh and apply the animations onto it with FragMotion?
Well, if there is the mesh and the skeletal animation bones, then you should asign all the bones of the skeleton to the mesh, which is a bit frustrating work to do, specially with Fragmo.
Old 04-14-2014   #47
The Zero Team

Quote:
Well, if there is the mesh and the skeletal animation bones, then you should asign all the bones of the skeleton to the mesh, which is a bit frustrating work to do, specially with Fragmo.
.smd is a skeletal animation format which is already weight-mapped. And messing around, when I touch something in FragMotion, there come all sorts of green to yellow to red lines out of bones onto vertices (which I believe is weight-mapping), as well as if I rotate a bone, the mesh bends with it.
I just meant "can one import a mesh with bones, and then import an animation for the skeleton/mesh in FragMotion, and then export it as .md2"?
Old 04-16-2014   #48
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Sonic Colors MD2 coming soon! :D
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fragMOTION 2014-04-16 20-36-53-631.png
Views:	324
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	4346  
Old 04-16-2014   #49
Virt
Trollerskates

Hate to tell you this, but I'm already making a Sonic Colors MD2, which I showed in the general projects section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virt the Fox View Post

Thank you, higher polygon limits!
But hey, we can both have our own MD2s, right?
Old 04-17-2014   #50
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

yes, the difference is that I can reduce the frame limits of the BlitzSonic animations i made, in fact, my animations will be much higher quality than yours, but we can make our MD2 with our own way :).

Last edited by VirtualBlitz546; 04-17-2014 at 12:26 AM.
Old 04-17-2014   #51
Maximus Universal
Uhh

Quote:
yes, the difference is that I can reduce the frame limits of the BlitzSonic animations i made, in fact, my animations will be much higher quality than yours, but we can make our MD2 with our own way :).
I Kinda like Virt's Model better, but if you can do the animatons i can see that in the future.
Old 04-17-2014   #52
TheDoctor

Virt vs. Virtual. Who will win? Answer: TheDoctor. I made a Sonic Colors MD2 quite long ago way back in 2.0:

Spoiler:

(both pictures were taken in different time periods, hence the different usage of textures on them. And believe it or not, the Egg Fleet map was an old map, that was hardly worked on)

Ofc, back then I was still a beginner in terms of modeling and animating, so both of yours will most likely be far more better.
Old 04-17-2014   #53
Maximus Universal
Uhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
Virt vs. Virtual. Who will win? Answer: TheDoctor. I made a Sonic Colors MD2 quite long ago way back in 2.0:

Spoiler:

(both pictures were taken in different time periods, hence the different usage of textures on them. And believe it or not, the Egg Fleet map was an old map, that was hardly worked on)

Ofc, back then I was still a beginner in terms of modeling and animating, so both of yours will most likely be far more better.
And. The Doctor Wins.....when he highers the poly of the model.
Old 04-17-2014   #54
Virt
Trollerskates

Quote:
I can reduce the frame limits of the BlitzSonic animations i made
I don't quite understand what you're saying. Please explain.
Old 04-17-2014   #55
TheDoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Universal View Post
And. The Doctor Wins.....when he highers the poly of the model.
If, I higher the poly. I don't really deal with too high poly models anymore. I deal more with low-poly stuff. Making the horrible look great. Which is exactly what the Sonic Boom model did.
Old 04-17-2014   #56
Rex The Kitsune
Annoying Purple Dude

Quote:
in fact, my animations will be much higher quality than yours
Bit of a big ego you got there, huh? And you haven't seen Virt's animations yet, so how could you predict that yours will be better?
Old 04-17-2014   #57
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex The Kitsune View Post
Bit of a big ego you got there, huh? And you haven't seen Virt's animations yet, so how could you predict that yours will be better?
Oh, you think I'm just pretending |:-)?

Test this

It is not finished yet, so you may see some texture misplacement.
19.0 0.0 is recommended.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Sonic Colors MD2.rar (1.35 MB, 158 views)

Last edited by VirtualBlitz546; 04-17-2014 at 03:11 AM.
Old 04-17-2014   #58
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virt the Fox View Post
I don't quite understand what you're saying. Please explain.
I can make, an example, I got a run animation of 28 frames, in FragMOTION I caqn reduce that animation's frames to 4 without ruining the animation.
Old 04-17-2014   #59
TheDoctor

Quote:
Oh, you think I'm just pretending |:-)?

Test this

It is not finished yet, so you may see some texture misplacement.
I opened it in misfit (quickest tool I have that opens models, and views animations), and these are a few things that bother me about it so far.

Even though its only 3 frames, it looks pretty bad. The standing from looks odd, and the waiting frames are simple relocations of the arms, a tilted head, and foot tapping. I'd suggest to put a little creativity into the model animations, especially with the hands since the model flashes the fingers out like that. If you are going to make him crosshands, at least make it look good by positioning his fingers properly (even if this isn't your animation, fix it up a bit).

Also, (this also sorta applies to Virt), this isn't something bad, but I would say to improve the textures up a bit. I know you are both using the original textures from Sonic Colors, but you don't seem to be using all, just the basic 'color' texture.

Let me explain using spoilers and words. These are two textures representing the body of Sonic the hedgehog:
Spoiler:

This one, the one that you both used:

And this one, which you both most likely deleted :(...:

Instead of taking simply the colorful one, I would suggest taking both the textures and fusing them together to create one mixed texture. Think of it as Void in maginary world, wanting to become whole..*laugh* nope, couldn't say that with a straight face.

Here is an example of what I mean by a mixed texture (Note: I gave Sonic derp eyes for a purpose...the purpose is for the luls):

(Also, becareful. I saw the animations, but noticed the model's size is WAY to small for the average SRB2 player, and noticed you already started to give the model frames D;)

Edit: I re-read this, and it seems sorta bashful, but thats not the purpose, sorry if it seems bashful.

Last edited by TheDoctor; 04-17-2014 at 04:40 AM.
TheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #60
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
I opened it in misfit (quickest tool I have that opens models, and views animations), and these are a few things that bother me about it so far.

Even though its only 3 frames, it looks pretty bad. The standing from looks odd, and the waiting frames are simple relocations of the arms, a tilted head, and foot tapping. I'd suggest to put a little creativity into the model animations, especially with the hands since the model flashes the fingers out like that. If you are going to make him crosshands, at least make it look good by positioning his fingers properly (even if this isn't your animation, fix it up a bit).
i EXACTLY said it wasn't finished, so I already have aknowledge of my badass animations, so I'm gonna bring the model finished.

Quote:
(Also, becareful. I saw the animations, but noticed the model's size is WAY to small for the average SRB2 player, and noticed you already started to give the model frames D;)
I preffer leaving the size like that, it doesn't bothers me.

Also I liked the idea of fusing the different skin layers, but it would just make it darker. Dat LULZ WiTh dat serious faze :-I.
Old 04-17-2014   #61
TheDoctor

Quote:
i EXACTLY said it wasn't finished, so I already have aknowledge of my badass animations, so I'm gonna bring the model finished.

I preffer leaving the size like that, it doesn't bothers me.

Also I liked the idea of fusing the different skin layers, but it would just make it darker. Dat LULZ WiTh dat serious faze :-I.
But didn't you said you were stripping the animations from Blitz?

Also size will later on bother you, when you notice you are smaller then a ring, or about the size of a chaos emerald.