SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Miscellaneous

Virtual's MD2 Parade - Sonic 2006 travels to Srb2! Details »»
Virtual's MD2 Parade - Sonic 2006 travels to Srb2!
Version: For any version, by VirtualBlitz546 (The infractions whore ;)) VirtualBlitz546 is offline
Developer Last Online: Nov 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (10 votes - 2.10 average)
Released: 03-27-2014 Last Update: Never Installs: 1
Scripts Re-Useable Content Additional Software Models

New Major Update!:
Sonic 2006 MD2 Pack - 3/7/2017

This new major update to the Sonic 2k6 MD2 Pack brings a whole new set of models directly ported from Sonic 06! Incluiding from Rings, to Springs, Item Boxes and Characters!

For this update I've added a brand new RAR file dedicated to this new major MD2 Pack update with all the models including an already set MD2.dat file for easier set up! I've also included optional blend textures just in case you wanna use Sonic, Tails & Knuckles in Online MP with different colors (as well as Super Sonic in SP)!

I'll be updating the General MD2 Pack containing all the models released on this thread so far with this new model update!
A lot of effort has been put into this new release so I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed both making and playing with these models!

Here are a pack of screenshots of almost all the newly added models!:
Spoiler:

Enjoy!

Hello there folks! This is my MD2 collection for Srb2 2.1.X. There will be lots of models for your own endless entertainment, here I'm gonna post big varieties of models from the classic eras like SADX to even Sonic Colors.

Stay tunned to this post to see more from me and more content!

Spoiler: Md2' recently posted

SADX Sonic and Tails:

This is my very first Md2 pack ever in Srb2.
NOTE: The last update is here! :D

UPDATE: 04/17/14 (April 17th)

Modern Sonic MD2!:

This is still not complete, since there's no Items animation yet, and there is no actual Super anim, i'll need to know what is the polycount limits of the new Srb2 patch. but everything else is complete! Enjoy.
ADDITION: I revamped the textures with HD ones and replaced the eyes with Sonic Boom's eye texture!

UPDATE: 05/14/14 (May 14th)

New Modern Super Sonic MD2 for Nights has been added to VirtualBlitz' MD2 Collection pack! No new images, my Imageshack account has been closed due to I don't really know. This new model brings you a new modern super sonic, it has taken really long to make this, massive UV Mapping and such. Just enjoy! :P

UPDATE: 02/10/15 (February 10th)

Oh yeah! The speed of sound arrives to Srb2 on 'Sonic Adventure 2 style'!
This is MOSTLY completed (textures not fully accurate), it's been a hard time doing this, but did it as much as I could. And DON'T expect Super Sonic animations!

UPDATE: 3/7/17 (July 3th)

[/CENTER]

This new major update to the Sonic 2k6 MD2 Pack brings a whole new set of models directly ported from Sonic 06! Incluiding from Rings, to Springs, Item Boxes and Characters!

For this update I've added a brand new RAR file dedicated to this new major MD2 Pack update with all the models including an already set MD2.dat file for easier set up! I've also included optional blend textures just in case you wanna use Sonic, Tails & Knuckles in Online MP with different colors (as well as Super Sonic in SP)!

I'll be updating the General MD2 Pack containing all the models released on this thread so far with this new model update!
A lot of effort has been put into this new release so I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed both making and playing with these models!

Here are a pack of screenshots of almost all the newly added models!:
Spoiler:

Enjoy!

EDIT: Now every character MD2 I make will be uploaded to the attachment called "VirtualBlitz' MD2 Collection.rar", while the SADX Md2 pack will stay as it is, if you want the new uploaded Md2s then download the pack mentioned above.

Recommended sizes:
'SADX Sonic and Tails' = 16.0 0.0
'Modern' Sonic = 19.0 0.0
'Modern' Super Sonic = 21.0 0.0
'SA2B' Sonic = 19.0 0.0

How to set up Md2 :
Simply create a folder named "MD2" into your Srb2 folder, next put the MD2 files into the MD2 folder, create a .txt file named "MD2.dat" and set up the model you want to use in-game (Example: Sonic Sonic.md2 3.0 0.0, [Sonic: the texture], [Sonic.md2: the model], [3.0 0.0: the size of the model]), save and close. Next, on the SRB2 console type "gr_md2 1" and you should be ready to go. Theres an existing MD2.dat into the packs I 've made to download. If you followed and understood the instructions here, then enjoy!

Download Now

File Type: rar Srb2 SADX Md2 Pack v2.5.rar (1.79 MB, 3648 views)
File Type: zip Virtual's MD2s Pack (Updated with 2006 Sonic).zip (5.22 MB, 677 views)
File Type: rar Sonic 06 Md2 Pack.rar (7.09 MB, 656 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 07-05-2017   #222
Sketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBlitz546 View Post
Wished I could do the Sonic R models, unfortunatelly there's probably no rigs available :C
I swear to god, DO IT. DO R's MODELS. PLEASE. WE WANT IT SO MUCH.
Sketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017   #224
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Those specific models are the ones I'm talking about, they don't have rigs, no bones to animate, no nothing, they're unmoddable.

But I've been pushed to make my own rigs, since these models are so damn low poly, that it takes no effort at all to make rigs, so I took the freedom to make a rig for the Sonic R model.

Spoiler:

NOW PLS LISTEN

I won't get to Sonic R till I fully finish the Sonic 06 MD2 pack, the 06 pack is something I wanted to do for a very long time, and I still haven't finished, if I have enough time after I finish the 06 MD2 pack, I will make some Sonic R models.

EDIT: Oh also, I expected some feedback on the latest release of the 06 pack, but we found ourselves talking about Sonic R instead lol
VirtualBlitz546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017   #225
Sketch

Quote:
Those specific models are the ones I'm talking about, they don't have rigs, no bones to animate, no nothing, they're unmoddable.

But I've been pushed to make my own rigs, since these models are so damn low poly, that it takes no effort at all to make rigs, so I took the freedom to make a rig for the Sonic R model.

Spoiler:

NOW PLS LISTEN

I won't get to Sonic R till I fully finish the Sonic 06 MD2 pack, the 06 pack is something I wanted to do for a very long time, and I still haven't finished, if I have enough time after I finish the 06 MD2 pack, I will make some Sonic R models.

EDIT: Oh also, I expected some feedback on the latest release of the 06 pack, but we found ourselves talking about Sonic R instead lol
Cool, but for characters like Amy, use the custom Low Poly models. No way I'm gonna play as the disgusting monstrosity that is the Amy R model. Makes me REALLY wish the promo art for amy with the full body was ported to the PC re-release or at least released...
Sketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017   #226
MarioFreak2001
The Cyan Knux

What else do you have planned for the 06 pack?
Old 07-05-2017   #227
Rumia1
Backseat Developer

I find it absolutely amazing that you were not only able to fit these into SRB2's poly limits, but also recreate the animations so well! These will go very nicely with the level pack that STHE123O is making.

Just a small suggestion but could you base the Sonic R model's animations on this?

They're both the same model, but I feel like 3D Blast's has a cleaner set of animations that would work better for SRB2.

Last edited by Rumia1; 07-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Rumia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017   #228
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioFreak2001 View Post
What else do you have planned for the 06 pack?
Right now I haven't made a full list, but what's definetly coming next is the spiked balls (used for spikeballs on chains at CEZ, and the spiked balls used by the Eggscalibur at CEZ 3), the checkpoint (ima use 1 out of the 2 cause of the collision radius of the sprite) and a few more I will probably mention tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumia1 View Post
Just a small suggestion but could you base the Sonic R model's animations on this?
They're both the same model, but I feel like 3D Blast's has a cleaner set of animations that would work better for SRB2.
I'll recreate them but I'll make some deviations from them to make the animations fit in with the fluidity of Srb2's frames speed.
Old 07-06-2017   #229
Sapheros
That guy that ports

I'm usually not one to request MD2s often, but I would be impressed and interested if you were able to make support for not only Silver the Hedgehog, but also for the Silver Boss fight from SUGOI and Boss Mayhem (since Silver's fight is much easier to do frames for :P)
Old 07-06-2017   #230
OrdoMandalore

For the ring boxes, I would add an inverted circle thingy to show the inside of the monitor, but still appear to be glass, like for example what jeck did for fsonic or the egg slimmer boss.

Here is a quick example I made (sorry, had to make a quick poop model, because funny enough I don't have a single ring box model on my pc):

Spoiler: Had to make a ring box out of the sonic heroes checkpoint

to invert a mesh, simply make the faces face outward. This makes the fronts backs, and backs fronts. So whatever is in the back, we can see, and whatever is in the front, not visible because its the back of the face. This allows us to see what is inside, but not what is past it.
OrdoMandalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017   #231
GreenKnight9000

Quote:
Right now I haven't made a full list, but what's definetly coming next is the spiked balls (used for spikeballs on chains at CEZ, and the spiked balls used by the Eggscalibur at CEZ 3), the checkpoint (ima use 1 out of the 2 cause of the collision radius of the sprite) and a few more I will probably mention tomorrow.

I'll recreate them but I'll make some deviations from them to make the animations fit in with the fluidity of Srb2's frames speed.
Make sure they're made for FSonic *cough*

Seriously though, I do like the Sonic R models, especially the Super Sonic ones.
Take your time :)
GreenKnight9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017   #232
OrdoMandalore

Hate to backseat moderate, but rn his main focus is 06, requesting models at this point when he is looking for feedback or suggestions for his 06 project seems kinda pointless. He said he cannot make Sonic R / Jam md2s (well, he can but he prefers rigged models) because those models didn't have any skeleton with animations attached to them.

Now, as for the 06 stuff, besides the monitor recommendation I gave, I noticed something that isn't your fault, but SRB2 itself. For some reason, all md2s in the recent versions have been flipped.

I noticed this as I was making a facestabber md2, and noticed his sword was on the wrong side! So the images in the monitors are actually being shown flipped, like in the screenshot you posted with the 10 rings saying 01.
Old 07-07-2017   #233
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapheros View Post
I'm usually not one to request MD2s often, but I would be impressed and interested if you were able to make support for not only Silver the Hedgehog, but also for the Silver Boss fight from SUGOI and Boss Mayhem (since Silver's fight is much easier to do frames for :P)
Oh don't worry, I'll be making more character wad MD2s, for example Shadow from 06 for SpeedWagon's Shadow wad, or as you mentioned, Silver for SUGOI or Boss Mayhem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKnight9000 View Post
Make sure they're made for FSonic *cough*

Seriously though, I do like the Sonic R models, especially the Super Sonic ones.
Take your time :)
For FSonic I'm not pretty sure what to change, it seems pretty much similar to the original Sonic, looks like you can just assign any Sonic MD2 to FSonic through MD2.dat and it will look the same, but if that's not the case and there's stuff that needs to be added, then be more than welcome to talk to me about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdoMandalore View Post
For the ring boxes, I would add an inverted circle thingy to show the inside of the monitor, but still appear to be glass, like for example what jeck did for fsonic or the egg slimmer boss.
That actually sounds like a good idea! Tho I already know how to invert the faces of a mesh, I just didn't do it cause either I didn't want it to look bad or I just forgot about it lol. Too bad there's no transparency available for the OpenGL renderer, but I'll try to do what you suggested, seems like it's worth a try.

Quote:
Hate to backseat moderate, but rn his main focus is 06, requesting models at this point when he is looking for feedback or suggestions for his 06 project seems kinda pointless. He said he cannot make Sonic R / Jam md2s (well, he can but he prefers rigged models) because those models didn't have any skeleton with animations attached to them.

Now, as for the 06 stuff, besides the monitor recommendation I gave, I noticed something that isn't your fault, but SRB2 itself. For some reason, all md2s in the recent versions have been flipped.

I noticed this as I was making a facestabber md2, and noticed his sword was on the wrong side! So the images in the monitors are actually being shown flipped, like in the screenshot you posted with the 10 rings saying 01.
That's true, my main focus right now is this 06 MD2 Pack, but that doesn't mean I can't have a list of what's coming next ;). About not being able to make Sonic R / Jam MD2s, it's also true that there's no rigs, but it was really easy to make a shitty rig for the Sonic model since i don't have to select that much vertices to assign to bones, so I basically have an already rigged Sonic R model to animate here!
Also thanks for the headsup about the flipped models, I also thought it was weird to see the item boxes inverted and stuff.
I'll be flipping the textures of all item boxes in the next release :D
Old 07-07-2017   #234
Sapheros
That guy that ports

Quote:

For FSonic I'm not pretty sure what to change, it seems pretty much similar to the original Sonic, looks like you can just assign any Sonic MD2 to FSonic through MD2.dat and it will look the same, but if that's not the case and there's stuff that needs to be added, then be more than welcome to talk to me about it.

Extra sprites from FSonic include Spindash frames, a drowning sprite, and NiGHTS Super Sonic.
Old 07-07-2017   #235
GreenKnight9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapheros View Post
Extra sprites from FSonic include Spindash frames, a drowning sprite, and NiGHTS Super Sonic.
AND the Super Sonic sprites are MUCH better
GreenKnight9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017   #236
SF345

I don't even know what to say. I just tested these md2's and this has to be the best md2s for srb2
SF345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017   #237
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

I love this frame
Old 07-09-2017   #238
OrdoMandalore

Hm, I know it sounds impossible, but can fragmotion reduce the poly of an md2 and keep the animations?
Old 07-09-2017   #239
Elyos03

Quote:

Spoiler:

NOW PLS LISTEN

This one clearly fits nicely with Placeholder Sonic since that wad uses Sonic Xtreme sprites. If you're wondering where do you find that character wad, go to SRB2 The Past's thread.
Elyos03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017   #240
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
Hm, I know it sounds impossible, but can fragmotion reduce the poly of an md2 and keep the animations?
Quote:
Spoiler:
It clearly can, it keeps the animations, but it looks ugly as shit. thought you read through the posts lol, this was posted before the new update

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post
This one clearly fits nicely with Placeholder Sonic since that wad uses Sonic Xtreme sprites. If you're wondering where do you find that character wad, go to SRB2 The Past's thread.
We're talking about the Sonic R model, not Sonic XTreme, the XTreme model has 50 times more polys than Sonic R.
Old 07-09-2017   #241
OrdoMandalore

O I thought it was without animations because it was t-posed

What you could do then, is take the md2, segregate the coloured parts into meshes, reduce the poly, when it looks like shit simply remap the colours (through the meshes that are made based on the old colours), and boom.

Because my old brak eggman md2 uses a decimated model, that has my own custom animations that I made looking at the original sprites, if you could literally reduce it by 18 vertices, then you could make the original md2 work...that or they could just bump the vert limit up but still lol