SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Miscellaneous

Virtual's MD2 Parade - Sonic 2006 travels to Srb2! Details »»
Virtual's MD2 Parade - Sonic 2006 travels to Srb2!
Version: For any version, by VirtualBlitz546 (The infractions whore ;)) VirtualBlitz546 is offline
Developer Last Online: Nov 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (10 votes - 2.10 average)
Released: 03-27-2014 Last Update: Never Installs: 1
Scripts Re-Useable Content Additional Software Models

New Major Update!:
Sonic 2006 MD2 Pack - 3/7/2017

This new major update to the Sonic 2k6 MD2 Pack brings a whole new set of models directly ported from Sonic 06! Incluiding from Rings, to Springs, Item Boxes and Characters!

For this update I've added a brand new RAR file dedicated to this new major MD2 Pack update with all the models including an already set MD2.dat file for easier set up! I've also included optional blend textures just in case you wanna use Sonic, Tails & Knuckles in Online MP with different colors (as well as Super Sonic in SP)!

I'll be updating the General MD2 Pack containing all the models released on this thread so far with this new model update!
A lot of effort has been put into this new release so I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed both making and playing with these models!

Here are a pack of screenshots of almost all the newly added models!:
Spoiler:

Enjoy!

Hello there folks! This is my MD2 collection for Srb2 2.1.X. There will be lots of models for your own endless entertainment, here I'm gonna post big varieties of models from the classic eras like SADX to even Sonic Colors.

Stay tunned to this post to see more from me and more content!

Spoiler: Md2' recently posted

SADX Sonic and Tails:

This is my very first Md2 pack ever in Srb2.
NOTE: The last update is here! :D

UPDATE: 04/17/14 (April 17th)

Modern Sonic MD2!:

This is still not complete, since there's no Items animation yet, and there is no actual Super anim, i'll need to know what is the polycount limits of the new Srb2 patch. but everything else is complete! Enjoy.
ADDITION: I revamped the textures with HD ones and replaced the eyes with Sonic Boom's eye texture!

UPDATE: 05/14/14 (May 14th)

New Modern Super Sonic MD2 for Nights has been added to VirtualBlitz' MD2 Collection pack! No new images, my Imageshack account has been closed due to I don't really know. This new model brings you a new modern super sonic, it has taken really long to make this, massive UV Mapping and such. Just enjoy! :P

UPDATE: 02/10/15 (February 10th)

Oh yeah! The speed of sound arrives to Srb2 on 'Sonic Adventure 2 style'!
This is MOSTLY completed (textures not fully accurate), it's been a hard time doing this, but did it as much as I could. And DON'T expect Super Sonic animations!

UPDATE: 3/7/17 (July 3th)

[/CENTER]

This new major update to the Sonic 2k6 MD2 Pack brings a whole new set of models directly ported from Sonic 06! Incluiding from Rings, to Springs, Item Boxes and Characters!

For this update I've added a brand new RAR file dedicated to this new major MD2 Pack update with all the models including an already set MD2.dat file for easier set up! I've also included optional blend textures just in case you wanna use Sonic, Tails & Knuckles in Online MP with different colors (as well as Super Sonic in SP)!

I'll be updating the General MD2 Pack containing all the models released on this thread so far with this new model update!
A lot of effort has been put into this new release so I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed both making and playing with these models!

Spoiler:

Enjoy!

EDIT: Now every character MD2 I make will be uploaded to the attachment called "VirtualBlitz' MD2 Collection.rar", while the SADX Md2 pack will stay as it is, if you want the new uploaded Md2s then download the pack mentioned above.

Recommended sizes:
'SADX Sonic and Tails' = 16.0 0.0
'Modern' Sonic = 19.0 0.0
'Modern' Super Sonic = 21.0 0.0
'SA2B' Sonic = 19.0 0.0

How to set up Md2 :
Simply create a folder named "MD2" into your Srb2 folder, next put the MD2 files into the MD2 folder, create a .txt file named "MD2.dat" and set up the model you want to use in-game (Example: Sonic Sonic.md2 3.0 0.0, [Sonic: the texture], [Sonic.md2: the model], [3.0 0.0: the size of the model]), save and close. Next, on the SRB2 console type "gr_md2 1" and you should be ready to go. Theres an existing MD2.dat into the packs I 've made to download. If you followed and understood the instructions here, then enjoy!

Download Now

File Type: rar Srb2 SADX Md2 Pack v2.5.rar (1.79 MB, 3649 views)
File Type: zip Virtual's MD2s Pack (Updated with 2006 Sonic).zip (5.22 MB, 682 views)
File Type: rar Sonic 06 Md2 Pack.rar (7.09 MB, 662 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 06-27-2017   #202
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF345 View Post
wait so does that mean that you will be finishing other md2's like the modern sonic and others and make more in the future
Quote:
Means I'll be releasing each Sonic 06 MD2 I go finishing through time.
I already told you what I mean.
VirtualBlitz546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017   #203
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

New Update:
Sonic 06 MD2 Pack - 27/6/2017

New update brings a new Sonic model, no other than '06 Sonic himself! Scream darn to the skies and speed up to the not-so speed of light to chase your enemies and flying ships that for no reason wait for you to catch up!

As Always I've included a "Recommended Sizes" text files so you can save the trouble of telling me how lazy I am to resize my models!

This is quite the particular MD2 Pack, it's not finished, but to not keep you waiting, I'll be releasing every individual model I finish and I'll update it to the general MD2 pack I added to attachments, so yeah, expect more in the future, this MD2 pack will bring a lot of models from 06 from itemboxes to rings, to springs, to eggman models and etc

Enjoy!
Old 06-27-2017   #204
Lach
Latch? Lock?? Lack???

Dude, those animations are on point! It looks acts exactly the way 06 Sonic does. He even does the little shoe-bang tap in his idle animation. Can't wait to see more!
Lach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017   #205
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lach View Post
Dude, those animations are on point! It looks acts exactly the way 06 Sonic does. He even does the little shoe-bang tap in his idle animation. Can't wait to see more!
Thanks dude! I'm so glad you liked it, since this is my first MD2 I've REALLY put all my effort in since the last MD2 I made (SAB2 Sonic). And I made this MD2 in just 3-4 days, since I've found out new ways of setting up MD2s and various other shortcuts that let me make MD2s a lot faster than before, I can't wait to get to work on Tails and Knuckles, I LOVE their models in Sonic 2006!

So for the includes, I've got a kind of set up for the camera that will give you even a more closer feeling to 06 in Srb2:
  • I suggest you use the Analog Controls, that's the closest to the 06 camera yet!
  • Use a "cam_speed 1" to get the camera stiffness like in 06!
  • Use a "cam_height 10" to have a camera height close to 06!
And with this you should be ready to have the 06 feeling complete in Srb2!
Old 06-27-2017   #206
RomioTheBadass
Right there, Criminal Scum!

Good work on that MD2 ! 06 Sonic might be my favorite Sonic, with his funny running animation, that idle animation makes him look cooler, I'm glad this is released, Nice work.
Old 06-27-2017   #207
MightyandRay
These guys for Sonic Boom

Have you thought about doing the other characters from Sonic 06, such as Amy, Silver, Shadow, Blaze, Rouge, and Omega? You'd be the first person to do an Omega MD2 if you did.
Old 06-27-2017   #208
OrdoMandalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyandRay View Post
Have you thought about doing the other characters from Sonic 06, such as Amy, Silver, Shadow, Blaze, Rouge, and Omega? You'd be the first person to do an Omega MD2 if you did.

https://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=793807&postcount=192
https://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=793908&postcount=200
https://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=793924&postcount=202

Are there any other posts that can answer your question?

Anyways, yeah good stuff man, with you being able to use fragmotion to use proper game animations and convert them to frames, the possibilities are endless as to what you could make.
OrdoMandalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017   #209
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdoMandalore View Post
Anyways, yeah good stuff man, with you being able to use fragmotion to use proper game animations and convert them to frames, the possibilities are endless as to what you could make.
Nuff said, this 06 Sonic MD2 doesn't have animations straight from the game, since right now it's not possible for me to port them to fragMotion, so for this MD2, I replicated as much as I could the animations from 06. My first MD2 ever that has hand made animations xD

Last edited by VirtualBlitz546; 06-27-2017 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-28-2017   #210
MarioFreak2001
The Cyan Knux

I think we can safely say that you have the superior Sonic 06 md2.
Mine looks like garbage compared to yours.
Old 06-28-2017   #211
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioFreak2001 View Post
I think we can safely say that you have the superior Sonic 06 md2.
Mine looks like garbage compared to yours.
But you were the first one to try and port this particular model, and you even made the item frames for it! in which I didn't cause I didn't know how to make them without the model looking all weird, so let's not do comparisons, making an MD2 for Srb2 is very hard, and both of us gave our best for our models!
Old 06-29-2017   #212
SF345

I am creating a modern shadow md2 and I need some help
SF345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017   #213
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Sorry for being inconsistent with the new models, it's true that I said I would "release each individual model as I go finishing them", buuuut I got carried away and made a lot more models than I anticipated without releasing them, those being the *Chaos Emeralds*, *Item Boxes*, *Springs*, and Characters like Knuckles (already finished!), and the WIP Tails MD2, once I finish Tails I promise I will update the thread with the usual update on the General MD2 pack with all the MD2s released in here and as well a brand new RAR file specifically for the 06 MD2s I've recently made, making this new upcoming pack the second RAR attachment dedicated to a MD2 pack (the first one being the SADX MD2 pack).

So yeah, I'll be posting new screenshots of the somewhat finished Sonic 06 MD2s I've already finished real soon, stay tuned!

This has been your boi, VirtualBlitz546 (AKA ChaosX79, waiting for that name change requested decades ago, pls b0ss), and I'm out!

**EDIT:** So there has been some issues with the Tails model, fragMotion crashes when I try to import it to MD2 oddly enough, I'm trying to fix this somehow, I'll update ya if I find a fix.

Last edited by VirtualBlitz546; 07-03-2017 at 05:47 AM.
Old 07-03-2017   #214
Lach
Latch? Lock?? Lack???

Definitely keep doing it by doing several models at once before updating the pack. I'd love to receive the content as it is finished, but I would rather update my folder less often. Besides, having more content makes every release that much better! So don't be afraid of completing more models before you update the pack. :)
Old 07-03-2017   #215
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lach View Post
Definitely keep doing it by doing several models at once before updating the pack. I'd love to receive the content as it is finished, but I would rather update my folder less often. Besides, having more content makes every release that much better! So don't be afraid of completing more models before you update the pack. :)
Yes sorry about that haha, I'll make sure to keep my word next time.

So moving to the accidental Tails MD2 model, the reason of fragMotion crashing was no other than exceeding vertice limits, seems that this MD2 exporter detects when there's too many detail on models for this specific format, so it soft crashes the program in the moment.

This is how the Tails model was originally going to look like in SRB2 in my point of view:
Spoiler:

To fix this problem I've decided to reduce the faces count on the Tails model, but as fragMotion being a cheap indie program, it doesn't have a lot of options to handle face reduction methods.
Therefore the model won't have any proper UV texture handling for the new reduced faces of the model, making the model look like this:

This is how the model looks with reduced faces (this matches perfectly with the limits of SRB2):
Spoiler:

As you may already be thinking, this looks like plain crap, so I tried a LOT of ways to fix this, I even downloaded blender and see if I could fix the vertices limits like TheDoctor once told me, but I found myself not being able to do jack shat with it, so I had no other option than to sacrifice the quality of the textures for plain colors, making the model look like this as the final result:

Spoiler:

KEEP IN MIND that not the whole model has been flattened in texture quality, a few of the parts of the model got ignored by the face reducer, so i was able to salvage some of the texture being used in the model such as this:

Spoiler:

I just hope you can bear with it, I don't like how the texture quality turned out too, but I don't want to leave Tails behind, I made possibly some of the best animations I've ever done for my MD2s for this Tails model, so once I fully finish all of his animations, I'll be releasing this model too.

Last edited by VirtualBlitz546; 07-03-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Old 07-03-2017   #216
GreenKnight9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBlitz546 View Post

This is how the model looks with reduced faces (this matches perfectly with the limits of SRB2):
Spoiler:

Woah! Chill out on the crisps, Tails!
GreenKnight9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017   #217
Lach
Latch? Lock?? Lack???

The changes are completely fine by me—though, if you go ahead with them, perhaps you could update the other characters to fit the same style? It would be weird if Sonic had all those detailed textures and Tails didn't, so I'd rather you do the same thing to Sonic as you did with Tails, to keep it consistent. But that's up to you of course! They're still coming along great. :D
Old 07-04-2017   #218
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

New Major Update!:
New Sonic 06 MD2 Pack - 3/7/2017

Spoiler:

Enjoy!
Old 07-04-2017   #219
GreenKnight9000

HOLY MCCHICKEN ON A SUNDAY THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!!!
Can you do the Sega Saturn Sonic models next? (bounces excitedly)
GreenKnight9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017   #220
Lach
Latch? Lock?? Lack???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKnight9000 View Post
Can you do the Sega Saturn Sonic models next? (bounces excitedly)
Oh my god, if you do the Sonic R models I will forever and always be your humble manservant.
Old 07-04-2017   #221
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Wished I could do the Sonic R models, unfortunatelly there's probably no rigs available :C