Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it once, I'll say it again: get over the fact that people like to hang out once in a while. I'm sick and tired of seeing all these precautions against roleplay and hangout being suggested like it's some freakin' epidemic. If people do it, it's because they enjoy it, and if they enjoy it, then game is doing it's job. Problem solved.

Toaster said:
Metal Sonic SOMEWHERE.

I mean, he's in the manual! Why not actually have him as a boss of some sort, or if you feel like screwing with people, a basic enemy!

And he isn't like Shadow. Shadow sucks. But Metal Sonic was in the old games, damnit! Is SRB2 made of the best of the old games? Yes!

I honestly would like this, even if it's an unused boss. Then modders could implement a Metal Sonic boss without having to create it themselves.

Kinda lazy, I know, but it sort of works.

But still, he was in the manual for a reason, I suspect that he may be in there somewhere. Though, it could be because the manual page he depicts is custom, and maybe the MetalSonic.wad was released at that time. I dunno.

glaber said:
Remove chat.
Remove chat and you practily destroy all future hangout servers shoud ther be a new master server.

You can always use mute.

Anyway, If they did remove chat,people would chat by using their names.

E.g
Chat is mute
random person " what? oh well"

Types in consle
name1: Hi_why_is_chat_mute?
name2:because_the_host_doesn't_want...
name2: us_too_hangout_while_hes
name2: afk
name1: Oh_ok,....
name2: Wanna_roleplay_
name1&3: Heck_Yeah_
name2: ok,then_

srb2kirbyo said:
glaber said:
Remove chat.
Remove chat and you practily destroy all future hangout servers shoud ther be a new master server.

You can always use mute.

Anyway, If they did remove chat,people would chat by using their names.

E.g
Chat is mute
random person " what? oh well"

Types in consle
name1: Hi_why_is_chat_mute?
name2:because_the_host_doesn't_want...
name2: us_too_hangout_while_hes
name2: afk
name1: Oh_ok,....
name2: Wanna_roleplay_
name1&3: Heck_Yeah_
name2: ok,then_

That doesn't work, in case you didn't know. The console is entirely local except for SAY/SAYTO/SAYTEAM commands.

Umm, It does work.
I have done it 3 times at least.

It works because everybody can see your name.
Just keep changing your name to the message you want.

I believe he meant changing your name to communicate, which has been fixed in the next version.

Well, I'd have to say, maybe having a seperate folder for Characters and stages, making it auto load when you boot the game up, it gets annoying having to add all my levels back when I set up a tourney with my friends.

Someone said:
Fix the resolution support. (320x200 multiples suck in my case)

I want to use 1360x768 damn it.

I need 1280x1024. But anyway, maybe the possibility to set it rather than use the launcher each time?

JetTheHawk said:
Someone said:
Fix the resolution support. (320x200 multiples suck in my case)

I want to use 1360x768 damn it.

I need 1280x1024. But anyway, maybe the possibility to set it rather than use the launcher each time?

Doesn't SRB2 already support 1280x1024? At one point, I seem to remember playing SRB2 at 1600x1200, so...

SRB2 should support those resolutions but isn't "aspect correct".
This is a stab in the dark, but I think if you make a different aspect correct resolution then it would break every known doom editor or something like that. At least that is what I vaguely remember.

It might be neat to have those wide screen bars if your screen isn't aspect correct, if this isn't a feature already. It would be optional of course.

Super Tails and Knuckles. Just make them faster and give them invinciblity. [supposed to be crossed out ->] OH, and give Tails his flickies and gold colors. [<- supposed to be crossed out]

Spazz edit: Already in multiplayer. Won't be added into singleplayer.

I don't understand what spazzo means by this, is he saying that super tails and knuckles are already in multiplayer?

He means that supers are already made in multiplayer mode for SRB2 ME a while ago. It isn't in 1.09.4 if that is what you where thinking.

Blade said:
Smog/Heat block.

It'll give the underwater wavey effect for use above water. There could also be a lindef version that can be used to ajust the speed of the wave.

If it's just for scenery, couldn't you just put a Water FOF above ground with no sides and no color map?

Autosaver said:
Team race...

Teamplay 1 (color)
Teamplay Skin

Both console commands. It would be nice to see that in a menu somewhere, though. (If it's not already...)

How exactly would team race work? It makes no sense to me. If anything I would suggest taking that option off in race mode.

KirbyGotenksabsorbed said:
- Amy and/or Silver would be nice, of course, it's probably impossible to make Silver in this game.
- a sunny beach level and a speed highway-like level in the game.
- If it is possible, Speed booster things.

-Characters aren't going to be added. Why would you want them, anyway? they are already made by Dr.Pepper and Chaos Zero 64.

-Speed Boosters already exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back