SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you guys still want a grinding system, I kinda have an idea.

Ok, let's leave Speed Characters to have SPINDASH = 1 and everyone else 0. If it's possible with SOCing, you could have the spindash button off. That way, there's no way you can spindash, but when you touch a rail (which is actually a long platform with the --speed pad with spin--, it will force Speed Characters to go fast while spinning. And vuoila! A rail!

Not so sure if it's possible though, just letting you all know.

um... you can probably combine it with (the non working) impassible linedefs, so you can jump off the rail too, and nice map BTW CZ64

Chaos Zero 64 said:
If you guys still want a grinding system, I kinda have an idea.

Ok, let's leave Speed Characters to have SPINDASH = 1 and everyone else 0. If it's possible with SOCing, you could have the spindash button off. That way, there's no way you can spindash, but when you touch a rail (which is actually a long platform with the --speed pad with spin--, it will force Speed Characters to go fast while spinning. And vuoila! A rail!

Not so sure if it's possible though, just letting you all know.
Except for the slight problem that, just like in the games, hitting a spin-speed-pad forces you into a spin, regardless of wheather or not you can spin.

just tested out your soc in a netgame draykon, the riders3.soc still causes consistency falures, i think its the speed, or the running animation

Riders4 features the return of running animations. I'm now convinced that the consistency failure is a problem with the game, not the SOC. So let's hope that's fixed in 1.09.3.24. I assure you also, in riders5, there WILL be a damaging spindash.

Draykon said:
http://freewebs.com/draykonsjunk/riders4.soc
Riders4 features the return of running animations. I'm now convinced that the consistency failure is a problem with the game, not the SOC. So let's hope that's fixed in 1.09.3.24. I assure you also, in riders5, there WILL be a damaging spindash.

i actually think its with the speed or the soc or something, beause when you MOVE people get consistency falures

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Draykon said:
http://freewebs.com/draykonsjunk/riders4.soc

i actually think its with the speed or the soc or something, beause when you MOVE people get consistency falures
Because the game dosen't realise that A_MoveRelative is also a factor that can move the player, as a result, the host thinks that the player shouldn't be as far as they are, and the player gets a consistency failure.
That's my theory, it makes sense to me.

I can finally use the SOCs!

The speed is perfect for the MOD! :D (we just need the damaging spindash that you will make, Draykon)

are you going to have the players make a stream of Air behind them that other players can ride and do tricks on (cause thats how the turbulence system works)

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
are you going to have the players make a stream of Air behind them that other players can ride and do tricks on (cause thats how the turbulence system works)

I forgot completely about this... ... ...

I don't know how to do it. Could it be done with SOC after Draykon is done with Riders.soc's?

(if it can be done with XWE (which I am getting better at by the minute), I might be able to figure it out.

well you'll probably need to make some sprites for the turbulence, but i have confidence that this can work

What I see him doing is probably whenever you hit top speed, you'll see the turbulence, which might be for now the spindash circles. And if another player touches it, it will probably go on it like you going on a straight line on a lightdash, faster. That's how I see it, he'll probably do it differently.

I'm wadding the Sonic Rider right now, and already made the exact color changes for the board to be green. After the release, I'll be wadding Sonic grabbing onto the board, probably like the screenshot of Sonic Riders I posted early.

:D :D :D

I want to try you Sonic Riders thing. Please release it the first opportunity you can.

(I am still struggling with Tails...but it is turning out OK)

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Sorta, I have no idea how I'm going to get riding on turbulence to work, currently I'm just working on the wierd arrows that act as spin springs. I'm thinking that maybe I could have very piece of turbulence be a small spring that just propells you forward onto the next spring.

well if your going to make this turbulence thing, dont forget, it has to be like a half pipe, but, you can do this in two ways

1) make it Flat, like a piece of paper

2) make it like a Blocky letter "U": like |_| or something

and also, i think it propels you into the air, back onto the turbulence thing, but unless if your on a turn, you do tricks miltiple times

oh, also, how are you going to program a tornado that comes from your board? (it was used with the L + R buttons in the GC version of sonic riders)

Here it is, the Sonic on the board, or "Sonic Rider". Still with no sunglasses.

Right Click, Save As.

For next version, I want Sonic to be standing still while holding his board, so I want someone to draw the board sideways lying down. Also for the board to be tilted more up so I can sprite him grabbing the board.

Sorry mikel93 but...umm it's just a big ring...(it's okay for a first race map though not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back