Suggestions

Instead of "splash-splash-splash-splash-splash" noise you heard when the character walks on shallow water, he wants a special sound for "lava-walking" (or whatever you call it).

no, the splash-splash-splash-splash-splash maybe let it normal, but when a player touch the lava, it plays a fire sound.

-Characters Amy, Cream, and Shadow (even though Shadow would be like a recolor...)
-Allow your MOTD (message-of-the-day) to stay on your server until you remove it with some command like 'motd off'
-Command or option to change the color of your text (blue person = blue text or whatever color person = whatever color text)
-(small change) Change the Launcher to make Don't Advertise Server NOT checked as the default...that's messed me up a few times, making me sit in an empty server thinking 'where are all the people that usually flood my server...'
-Allow more than one person to be carried at once (ex. Tails carries Sonic, and Knuckles holds onto Sonic's feet)
-Bring back homingattack with on/off variables or something to trigger it...maybe an alternate control?

I HIGHLY doubt that they will add any more Sonic characters into SRB2 at all.

There are already WADs of Amy, Cream and Shadow anyway.

-Characters Amy, Cream, and Shadow (even though Shadow would be like a recolor...)
Wrong site. There you go ---> http://www.sega.com/

QUICK-EDIT:

Light, SRB2 is based off Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 (with some elements of Sonic OVA here or there), then I hardly believe the developers would add more characters besides the classical ones. Besides, you can use add-ons, also known as character wads.

Last edited:
Though I hope they'd add Rosy.wad as an official character (along with making the hammer jump easier and giving her an attack...), SRB2 is based off the classics, and has been for years. Adding horrible plot-killed, overrated, new, recolor characters like Shadow would not be wanted, or likely to happen. EVER.

A.K.A? Use character wads...

I think SRB2 needs cutscenes. I still don't have the slightest idea of HOW did S, T and K got to each stage of the game. Some parts are understandable, but I find no connection from THZ to DSZ.
There should be a Emerald Hunt stage again with MORE EMERALDS to find in a bigger place, like Emerald Town or Station Square.

These are new suggestions from Kimma ^^

3D fully controllable Super-Sonic and new type of level

In current levels, Super Sonic depends too much of having a floor where he can float over and land on when he stops. For instance, in Mystic Realm Zone, SS uses mostly the floor to run through the map.

Say, we have a map with no gravity (by default, maybe) and SS needs to move in horizontal plane and vertical plane to avoid obstacles and to get in higher/lower paths.

The current code, the horizontal movement is set by adding or subtracting MOMX and MOMY values by using the mouse or directional keys. The vertical movement could be set by adding or subtracting MOMZ. For instance, if I press Spin-key, set -MOMZ, then go down; if I press Jump-key, set +MOMZ, then go up (objectplace works like this). Needless to say, both jump-action and spin-action would be disallowed in such type of level.

Last edited:
For the love of God, PLEASE make/add a horizontal split-screen mode. Vertical split-screen just doesn't work in a fast paced platforming game where the most essential thing is seeing whats above/ahead of you.
And if you guys do add this, you should really implement a zoom in/out option.
3D fully controllable Super-Sonic and new type of level

In current levels, Super Sonic depends too much of having a floor where he can float over and land on when he stops. For instance, in Mystic Realm Zone, SS uses mostly the floor to run through the map.

Say, we have a map with no gravity (by default, maybe) and SS needs to move in horizontal plane and vertical plane to avoid obstacles and to get in higher/lower paths.

The current code, the horizontal movement is set by adding or subtracting MOMX and MOMY values by using the mouse or directional keys. The vertical movement could be set by adding or subtracting MOMZ. For instance, if I press Spin-key, set -MOMZ, then go down; if I press Jump-key, set +MOMZ, then go up (objectplace works like this). Needless to say, both jump-action and spin-action would be disallowed in such type of level.
This would actually make a great Sonic3&K-like final boss.

Last edited:
For the love of God, PLEASE make/add a horizontal split-screen mode. Vertical split-screen just doesn't work in a fast paced platforming game where the most essential thing is seeing whats above/ahead of you.
Agreed. Vertical split-screen works perfectly for 2D platforming (once the view is locked in sideways, and you just need to see what is coming from the left or right) but not in 3D where the view is determined by direction the player is going to.

And if you guys do add this, you should really implement a zoom in/out option.
CAM_DIST <insert a value greater than 128> would help.

This would actually make a great Sonic3&K-like final boss.
I was avoiding to give references. That's one of them.

Seriously, the idea actually came from here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww0ecdhL6n8

Last edited:
A better idea: what about make an option to set if the split-screen mode will be horizontal or vertical, so that you can change it to horizontal in 2D mode and to vertical in 3D mode?

I think that in Desolate Twilight Zone, the spring that allows Sonic to get up to the floating platforms should be a slight bit stronger than it is. This way, Sonic doesn't have to use a shield to get there.

Suggestion for when destroying badniks in underwater levels. Currently you destroy a badnik while underwater and the same non-aquatic animals (birds, rabbits) are released. Basically you are freeing the animals to have them drown. ;) I think one of two things could be done: a) change the animals released when destroying badniks underwater to some aquatic ones, like fish, seahorses and/or starfish. - OR- b) make it so when a badnik is destroyed underwater, a flower is released instead of an animal. Of course, my vote would be for "a" but "b" might be more technically feasible.

About the Super Sonic discussion, I think there should be several ways you control Super Sonic in stages, there should also be something like (well, I'm not sure, I've only seen a picutre of this stage) the final boss in Sonic Colors, where your movement is strafing and stuff... Dunno what should the jump and spin button do in that case though.

For consistency: Tails goes up with jump button, and goes down with jump button.
Yeah but, I didn't mean to make a stage where Super Sonic can fly up and down endlessly. I meant that there's a road he... glides/runs/floats/whatever-he's-doing trough. And then the jump button could make you jump, just heaps higher, and the spin button could be... Dunno, boost/shield?

I think that in Desolate Twilight Zone, the spring that allows Sonic to get up to the floating platforms should be a slight bit stronger than it is. This way, Sonic doesn't have to use a shield to get there.
That spring is not meant to send you to the floating platforms. It's meant to send you to the upper part of the center. The floating platforms are intentionally out of reach for an unequipped Sonic.

Also, there is no stronger spring than the red one.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back