Not sure if this is the right place for this: Compilation Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here I am, attempting to liberate myself from Windows like usual. (SRB2 is somehow one of my most played games.) I followed the instructions on the wiki, searched high and low on the forums, scanned the Github Issues, and many other things. Yet, I can't seem to get it to compile. I get an error about how I am missing a "libgme" despite having it and having purge the package and reinstalling it twice.

To be specific, I am trying to compile SRB2 via make. I am compiling with this command "make -C src/ LINUX64=1".

This is the output.

make: Entering directory '/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src'
Package libgme was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgme.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libgme' found
Makefile:596: recipe for target 'pre-build' failed
make: [pre-build] Error 1 (ignored)
Package libgme was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgme.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libgme' found
Linking lsdl2srb2...
../objs/Linux64/SDL/Release/mixer_sound.o: In function `mix_gme':
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:498: undefined reference to `gme_track_ended'
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:502: undefined reference to `gme_play'
../objs/Linux64/SDL/Release/mixer_sound.o: In function `I_GetSfx':
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:390: undefined reference to `gme_open_data'
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:398: undefined reference to `gme_start_track'
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:399: undefined reference to `gme_set_equalizer'
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:400: undefined reference to `gme_track_info'
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:404: undefined reference to `gme_play'
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:405: undefined reference to `gme_delete'
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:317: undefined reference to `gme_open_data'
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:326: undefined reference to `gme_start_track'
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:327: undefined reference to `gme_set_equalizer'
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:328: undefined reference to `gme_track_info'
../objs/Linux64/SDL/Release/mixer_sound.o: In function `I_UnloadSong':
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:749: undefined reference to `gme_delete'
../objs/Linux64/SDL/Release/mixer_sound.o: In function `I_SetSongSpeed':
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:574: undefined reference to `gme_set_tempo'
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:749: undefined reference to `gme_delete'
../objs/Linux64/SDL/Release/mixer_sound.o: In function `I_LoadSong':
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:694: undefined reference to `gme_open_data'
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:697: undefined reference to `gme_set_equalizer'
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:631: undefined reference to `gme_open_data'
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:634: undefined reference to `gme_start_track'
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:636: undefined reference to `gme_set_equalizer'
../objs/Linux64/SDL/Release/mixer_sound.o: In function `I_PlaySong':
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:765: undefined reference to `gme_start_track'
../objs/Linux64/SDL/Release/mixer_sound.o: In function `I_SetSongTrack':
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:843: undefined reference to `gme_track_count'
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:845: undefined reference to `gme_start_track'
../objs/Linux64/SDL/Release/mixer_sound.o: In function `I_ShutdownSound':
/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src/sdl/mixer_sound.c:142: undefined reference to `gme_delete'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:621: recipe for target '../bin/Linux64/Release/lsdl2srb2' failed
make: *** [../bin/Linux64/Release/lsdl2srb2] Error 1
make: Leaving directory '/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src'

Any ideas?

Seems they still haven't included a .pc file for libgme, which is used by pkg-config to know what the proper including and linking flags should be used during compiling. You will have to manually set LIBGME_CFLAGS and LIBGME_LDFLAGS in this case.

Code:
export LIBGME_CFLAGS=
export LIBGME_LDFLAGS=-lgme

Thanks!

Now this happens...

ahem

main@gt-med:~/Downloads/SRB2-master$ make -C src/ LINUX64=1
make: Entering directory '/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src'
Makefile:596: recipe for target 'pre-build' failed
make: [pre-build] Error 1 (ignored)
Linking lsdl2srb2...
Dumping debugging info
gzip: ../bin/Linux64/Release/lsdl2srb2.debug.txt: No such file or directory
make: [../bin/Linux64/Release/lsdl2srb2] Error 1 (ignored)
make: upx: Command not found
make: [../bin/Linux64/Release/lsdl2srb2] Error 127 (ignored)
Build is done, please look for lsdl2srb2 in ../bin/Linux64/Release, (checking for post steps)
make: Leaving directory '/home/main/Downloads/SRB2-master/src'
main@gt-med:~/Downloads/SRB2-master$

make -C src/ SENSEOFIT=1

That's fine, you can ignore that. Also, what is SENSEOFIT? That isn't a valid compile flag within SRB2's source code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back