Best SRB2 Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
My all time greatest moment was when I finally got my ports fowarded so I could host. Yeah now I set the rules!

Last edited:
Agh... I just... Finished... 50... Laps... In... Race... in... Under.... 25... Minutes... My... Hand... Hurts... My... Eyes... Are... Red... But... I... Did... The... Most... Laps... On... A... Race... Ever... And... People... Witnessed... My... Awesomenes...

There are a myriad of events, moments, -- yes, even netgames -- that I value dearly as my favourite times during SRB2's "golden years" and my tenure as a Staff member. Some examples include:

• Founding of TNG2W, now known as the SRB2 Wiki
  • 1-vs-1's with Ritz, back when 2 players was about the most amount of players that our connections were capable of hosting
  • Being given v1.09 early by a very young OmegaHedgehog
  • Good god DMSC. No explanation necessary.
  • Experimenting with authority in #srb2fun and losing it three times in five+ years of being a #srb2fun frequenter
  • Hosting the Teamspeak/Ventrilo servers for however short a time
  • Visiting AJ in Florida and forming a strong relationship on both a personal and a business level
  • This netgame (more related images in that folder!)
  • The founding (and eventual destruction) of HDiJ
  • Working in tandem with some of the brightest minds this side of the internet (hi nev3r! hi AJ!) during the development of Arid Canyon/Egg Rock
  • Twisted Terminal Zone's inclusion in ME, and all of those who were involved in the process of fixing every single one of my thousand mapmaking screwups
  • Composing Arid Canyon
  • Forming some great relationships/business contacts with some people that exist well beyond the scope of SRB2
  • SRB2ME's release (despite being away on vacation), and working with Jazz to coordinate the releases of 2.0.2-2.0.6
  • Hearing Mystic say "I was wrong, Spazzo was right". It's like adrenaline being pumped right into your freaking veins. Fun fact: It's the reason why the master server filtering system exists today.
  • Pulling "stunts" such as reversing roles with Rob or announcing that I was a then-fake Administrator as very extreme methods to generate some commotion, positive energy, and most of all: something fun we can all laugh about/at.
  • Managing to live the contradiction by being rebellious and incredibly displeased with the very same authority that I was a part of (and guilty of, too!)
  • Holding every single possible title/rank -- whether official, unofficial, hidden, or as a joke -- on these boards and as a person: Administrator, Moderator, HDiJ Moderator, Developer, Master Server Administration, Judge, Staff, Retired Staff, User, Tempbanned (Strike 1), Tempbanned (Strike 2), Permbanned (Instantaneous), Account Disabled (Evasion), snugglebum, RAWR It's Teh Spazzo!, Egoistical Maniac, Official Community Asshole, Official Mascot, Most kicked #srb2fun user, and about a zillion more that you guys refer to me as behind my back. :P

Talk about a colourful five years, eh? Damn. I probably missed a good billion other events, too.

Now if you'll all excuse me, this cranky old veteran needs to take a nap.

Last edited:
Twisted Terminal Zone's inclusion in ME, and all of those who were involved in the process of fixing every single one of my thousand mapmaking screwups
From what I heard, you blocked a fix that JEV3 made, which is why it's still the worst CTF map.

and about a zillion more that you guys refer to me as behind my back. :P
Mostly just "Spazzo". Or "Uh, Spazzo :(". Or even "Oh God Spazzo :V"

My funniest SRB2 moment was when my friend unlocked the Ultimate Cheat. I told him to click on it and BAM! It exits, but the even funnier twist was that A Blue Screen of Death hit him instantly after he hit Ulitmate Cheat.

My greatest moment # 1 was when I fought 3 or 4 mods/admins in a match fight, or just to a simpler extent, when I am fighting an extremely good player.

No mouse, 3rd person only, FINAL DESTINA-I mean GFZ1.

putsonsunglasses.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back