Sonic Mania

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so clean.

tumblr_oaqxhzRt1n1r0fu7go1_540.gif

You know SEGA is fucked when they need Sonic fans to make the game for them.
You know what's hilarious? Whenever any Sonic fangame actually puts out anything past an engine test, no matter how mediocre it is, everyone's crying out at how "Sega needs to hire these people for their next game". But then when they actually do it, everyone can't shut up about how they're "just taking a fangame and making it official". Like there's actually a problem with hiring the people who have the skills and desire to make Sonic games to, I dunno, make a Sonic game?

Shut the fuck up. Your snide remarks aren't funny at all.

Hell, look where you are

Looks like a fusion of Sonic Before (and After) the Sequel, Sonic Megamix, Sonic: The Next Level, and Sonic CD.

I like all of those, so it should be a good play imo.

Christian Whitehead is one of the companies involved with this game- yeah, the people that did the Sonic 1, 2 and CD remake on Mobile devices/Steam. So at the very least I can trust SEGA this time. If things continue in this direction, we pretty much have the new Sonic Team of SEGA. (If we're lucky, we might have more games from Sonic Team's old shelf: Ristar, Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 9, etc.)

well color me impressed, sega! i didn't think you had it in you!

that title screen animation is hgnnghghghghgh Yes

So the game will be released in spring 2017. Since Taxman is here, the game will probably be released a month later.

I seriously hope they tone down on the saturation on the game, the colors really strained my eyes when watching the trailer. Comparing it to the footage of Sonic 1-3, I found it harder to keep track of where the backdrop was at and where the main level layout was at times. Sonic himself looks like they added too many shades of blue, looks somewhat plastic-y.

That being said, the gameplay looks on spot and fun. I have hope in the teams working on it, maybe we can see them produce more if this goes over well?

Really? I enjoyed looking at the colours, but that's your opinion and I will not argue with that.
Sonic Mania looks amazing, I can't wait to get it!

There are so many new sonic games that out on 2017, and Sonic Mania is one of the beautiful games of sonic.

Holy damn, this. This. Is. Amazing.

I just have nothing to say about it, the sprites look amazing (I put the title screen animation in my "wet" folder), the gameplay looks just like the old Sonics, which is exactly what they're aiming for, so that's good, and I'm actually glad Sega listened to that part of the comunity who wanted old Sonic back. Chances are, they'll even get rid of all the useless complicated "deep" story part, which always sucks anyway, and replace it with "o no eggman wants 2 conquer world again, sonic do something"

Overall, my wallet is ready.

*sees Sonic Mania*

... I want it. Seriously, this game. THIS AMAZING GAME, is gonna be first on my 'Sonic game' list. Why? Well, for one, it's being made by Taxman and Stealth. The people behind the Sonic CD, 1 & 2 remasters. (The prototype Sonic 3 Remastered too.)

It's mostly original, (I can't say it's original, because of the new Green Hill Zone.) Tails and Knuckles finally return as playable characters, not as useless background characters for once. Basically, in a nutshell, this is kinda like Megaman 9/10, but smacked in the face, with graphical improvements(?)

I'm going to get this game, and so should you, if you happen to be a Classic Sonic fan.

P.S (The drop-dash...? Why? I want my insta-shield...)

Ah nostaolgia, bubble shield returns, new mechanics and revamped sprites.

Lovely

This game... OH MY GOD THIS GAME! This game looks so smooth, the animation is smooth, the rotation is smooth, the level design looks decent and the music is fantastic.
Also the Drop Dash, I don't know how it will work, but it looks great for speedruns. I am save to say that I am hyped for this game and will be definetly checking out updates and screenshots of this new game. My friend is guaranteed buying this beautiful game only because it's also on XBox One.

If Xbox One version is going to be as smooth as version shown in trailer then Windows 10 owners might be in luck but questionable is lack of Wii U release who knows maybe Sega does what Nintendont?

Good team, good animation, good idea so far. It's kind of off-putting that they would reuse old sound effects with a new art style, but I guess only firsthand experience playing it would settle my opinion on that. The only pipe dream I'm still holding onto is Mighty somehow making an appearance in this one given the Knuckles Chaotix aesthetic and assets.

The title screen.

That fricking title screen.

This. Is. Awesome.

EDIT: also pc release im sold

Last edited:
I wish I would get this game, but I literally have little to no consoles at all.
Just an PC without Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back