Cyclone Yasi- it's happening as I'm typing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violo

Resisting Pony Avatar
Although I live far from it, there's a cyclone over 300km in diameter with wind speeds of 328km/hr in North Queensland. After the severe floods it's had, this cyclone's eye is expected to hit at 10:00pm Australian EST, or in half an hour of me typing this. I'm seriously scared, as a forum I visit has two people who are LIVING THROUGH IT. The eye may not have hit, but this fucking storm is tearing EVERYTHING to shreds over there. I wish everyone who lives there good luck.
The three people I hope live through this are:
Darkness Claw (yes, DC lives in Queensland, don't know where, but he's in there) of SRB2MB
Kirbeh of BLUFort
And Mai Mai of BLUFort.

Good luck guys, hope you make it through it.
Also, live coverage by the hour has been set up by bom.com.au, which can be found here:
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR193.loop.shtml

I do hope that everyone living in the area makes it through this. It'd be sad to know that a fellow forum member died. :(

Even in a nightmare scenario, it'd probably be more likely that they would be displaced than killed, but that's still a horrible tragedy.

Last edited:
Turns out no-one got seriously injured and there were no deaths.
But a lot of houses were destroyed, lucky I live down SE QLD.

They're also predicting plenty more cyclones to develop for the next 2 months.

Turns out no-one got seriously injured and there were no deaths.
But a lot of houses were destroyed, lucky I live down SE QLD.

They're also predicting plenty more cyclones to develop for the next 2 months.

Apparently, the damage was quite minor to what was fully expected from the cyclone. Of course, even as a 'minority' the damage was still insane, but indeed, it's bloody amazing and awesome that there were no lives lost.

Living near Brisbane, I wasn't terribly affected by the cyclone. The worst we got was a bit of wind and a reasonable amount of rain. But darn, man. More cyclones? Think it's about time us Aussies ask Rayquaza for a bit of help, Haha.

But on a more serious note, people should really be worried by this point, and it would be horrible if the people whose houses were destroyed have to experience another disaster without a home to stay in.

EDIT: Violo, did you get any wild weather down in NSW?

Apparently, the damage was quite minor to what was fully expected from the cyclone. Of course, even as a 'minority' the damage was still insane, but indeed, it's bloody amazing and awesome that there were no lives lost.

Living near Brisbane, I wasn't terribly affected by the cyclone. The worst we got was a bit of wind and a reasonable amount of rain. But darn, man. More cyclones? Think it's about time us Aussies ask Rayquaza for a bit of help, Haha.

But on a more serious note, people should really be worried by this point, and it would be horrible if the people whose houses were destroyed have to experience another disaster without a home to stay in.

EDIT: Violo, did you get any wild weather down in NSW?

The damage is at least in the $10 millions and it will take about a year to rebuild, Australia has been through a lot of weird events lately.

The floods have already damaged Brisbane and now more predicted cyclones to come? I hope no more cyclones develop, but it is storm season.

I think NSW had only rain and wind, just like we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back