[Open Assets] [SRB2 Riders] D00D Kart 64 - Mario Kart Level Pack!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
srb20471.png

Iceman404: The Unofficial Official Whipping Boy of D00D Kart 64 Screenshots

Edit: yes, the finish times do not appear to match my own time. On the intermission screen it showed 2:11:37 as well and recorded me beating him by .03 (1 tic), not .01. I'm guessing this is a bug?

Last edited:
And FYI, none of those changes will be put in D00DKart proper, except for perhaps Shroom pad usage, as I was planning that beforehand.

However, I will say I made a few fixes to D00DKart proper. I can safely say Lightning is definetly not the complete showstopper it was before; all ramps can be taken without getting stuck.

Last edited:
Ey racers, the next update is coming soon, with all sorts of bugfixes, and more!

Iolf4.png

New item box HUD graphics! The items were suplied by Iceman404, while I did the box (because squares are for SQUARES).

b8tJJ.png

Some items have changed too! Again, Iceman404's handywork.

Also, shroom pads like those seen in Lovely Night will be added to some of the previous courses (although usually in a nerf'd form) along with some new textures (also provided by Iceman404), making courses like Ribbon Road a lot more fun.

I'd like to upload with at least one additional map (which WONT be a port), but if I take too long, I'll just release the bugfix/sprite updates. I'm also considering changing the font a tad, depends on how long it might take to do.

EDIT: Didn't take long at all!

7l31J.png

Yes, I lost the color due to not using the ONE shade of white you can color with, but it still looks cool. I'll have to change those NiGHTS numbers though.

Last edited:
Thankyou D00D, these sprites will also be in the new version of SRB2 Riders as well. Hope CZ doesn't mind me spoiling that.

EDIT: The coins will be redone by the way.
EDIT2:
iaza11089634356500.gif

Last edited:
Those coins looks ugly... are you sure you're useing only yellow/gold palette?
Or you could tell me which coins your talking about.
Or you could give deeper and constructive criticism and not act like a twat.
Or you could realize that Mario coins are gold.
Or you could look at the sprite for more than 4 seconds and see that I obviously used more than 2 colors.

Last edited:
BOA4m.png

Hrm, this seems somewhat familiar...

Anywho, thinking of using an easier to see spedometer. Iceman is considering making one himself. What do you guys think?

Or you could tell me which coins your talking about.
Or you could give deeper and constructive criticism and not act like a twat.
Or you could realize that Mario coins are gold.
Or you could look at the sprite for more than 4 seconds and see that I obviously used more than 2 colors.

The new coins, they have a pink shade

VERSION 2.2 IS UUUUUUUUP

STUFF UPDATED:
D00DKart64- v2.2: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7986587/k_DKart64_v2_2_1.zip
Music Wad #2: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7986587/k_DK64M2.zip
Map List: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7986587/k_DK64L.txt
Cheats: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7986587/k_dk64c.txt

WHAT'S NEW:

Well, aside from, like, a BAJILLION fixes, and some pads being switched to Shroom Pads (IE, more like normal Mario Kart pads), I also have...

X8RQP.png

ALMOST ALL OF AZURE ISLAND

Thats right, Azure Island Kart is now part of D00DKart. If Azure Island updates, chances are, it'll update here soon after. 5 of the normal tracks are included (the only one not included was already in D00DKart), and Double Decker made it in the Battle rotation (Block Fort was excluded due to lack of permission from the original author), so there's even MORE maps you might not have played! Its almost like a collab pack now!

Infact, I may just change the name in an upcoming update. I've got a name all set up... but the namesake isn't actually in the pack yet, so you'll have to wait...

Last edited:
I guess this fixes one of the tracks - Riverside Park, if I recall correctly - as in 2.2.0, the jumps didn't work

Glitch:
Some of the textures in the pack are not animated. They aren't animated because you added an "ANIMATED.LMP" into the pack that did not contain the animated textures.

Glitch:
Some of the textures in the pack are not animated. They aren't animated because you added an "ANIMATED.LMP" into the pack that did not contain the animated textures.

I fixed this yesterday, as well as a few other bugs, but I'm waiting for more bugs to surface and for some friends to finish improving the visual quality of some stages (Delfino Plaza, Donut Valley 3, Shroom Ridge) before updating.

I fixed this yesterday, as well as a few other bugs, but I'm waiting for more bugs to surface and for some friends to finish improving the visual quality of some stages (Delfino Plaza, Donut Valley 3, Shroom Ridge) before updating.

Ok. Also, keep those levels coming. I'm ready for more.

and for some friends to finish improving the visual quality of some stages (Delfino Plaza, Donut Valley 3, Shroom Ridge) before updating.
Shroom Ridge is gonna take a while (a week or two, probably?), so please don't wait until I've finished it. Not only is the stage currently a complete visual trainwreck, I'm also quite busy at the moment!

ONE LAST BUG FIX UPDATE UNTILL 2.3
(aka, a while)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7986587/k_DKart64_v2_2_2.zip

THIS version foxes even MORE stuff I missed, as well as makes even more tweaks to levels, taking out some OP shortcuts, and with ZarroTsu making Azure Island Zone actually be somewhat enjoyable.

It also includes a little experiment...

R4wPo.png

EASY MODO

Is Cloud Cradle K too tough for you? Or at least completely impossible without lag? No longer a problem, with Cloud Cradle K-E! It trims the most annoying things about CCK while still being tricky. Now you might actually be able to do stuff to opponents and not lag into springs of trolling!

So yeah, it'll be awhile before I'm ready to release 2.3. And don't expect a 2.2.3. Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back