SRB2 lagging? This might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It´s lagging CEZ2 for me but I haven´t got a dual processor. I think there´s some kind of problem with a variable or something storing on memory without being deleted afterwards, because the Act keep lagging more and more over time. It´s not the room, it´s how much time have you been on the level.

Play CEZ2 and arrive to the last room in 6 minutes or less. There won´t be much lag. Now try the same room at 15 minutes or more. It lags badly. At least that´s how it works on my computer. There´s no such problem with any other act.

And if you die in the last room, it goes back to normal, it seems.

Exactly. That´s why I think it has something to do with an endless storing thing. In fact, I don´t think the problem is the room itself. There´s worse ones both in size and objects, and they don´t lag that badly.

Yep. Known issue, Knuckles MetalMind. Will be fixed in the next bugfix release of SRB2. (Or so we hope if the fix makes it in) It is because of the new memory manager that is in SRB2ME.

2.0.2 will automatically set the processor affinity to the first CPU to avoid this problem. You can also adjust it in the console if you wish.

Autosaver said:
SSNTails said:
2.0.2 will automatically set the processor affinity to the first CPU to avoid this problem. You can also adjust it in the console if you wish.

I have dual cores and my PC runs the same as using one core.

And what if people use fraps? D:

Speaking of 2.0.2, when will it come out?

Autosaver said:
Autosaver said:
SSNTails said:

I have dual cores and my PC runs the same as using one core.

And what if people use fraps? D:

Speaking of 2.0.2, when will it come out?
You know the answer to that.
"When it's done"

I KNEW someone was going to post that. And I meant an estimate.

.0.1 came out just DAYS after the release. Right?

No. When we feel OpenGL is fixed enough to be put back in, we will put it back in.

Let's say we decide to put it back in now. There will be a few issues:

1) Designer choices. If the effects don't work in OpenGL, it won't be used
2) Fog blocks don't work properly at all
3) Everyone would use OpenGL screenshots in their video game reviews and since OpenGL in SRB2 is currently broken, they will have either crashes or just things looking out of place which is not good at all.

Number 1 in that list is a big one since I know there are people that wouldn't use the new features because it wouldn't work in OpenGL or if there is a mod that has OpenGL only effects, they want to be able to use software mode as well if they have to and that is not what we are going after. We want everything to be equal as much as possible.

Honestly, am I the ONLY won that never liked OpenGL better than software? I only used it for proper aiming in match mode.

Kaysakado said:
Autosaver said:
I KNEW someone was going to post that. And I meant an estimate.

.0.1 came out just DAYS after the release. Right?
lol no

It came out about after a few hours.

What I thought. But, I came back from my camp and didn't know when it was up.

If you ever figure out the problem with Open-GL. Will you put it back in? XD

I never used OpenGL, and I'm never going to use it. Software is beautiful enough to my eyes.
Anyway, back on topic, for me...

I think what Rob meant was that lag made CEZ2 unplayable. I don't think he was talking about the level design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back