SRB2 lagging? This might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSNTails

What part of 'RETIRED' don't you understand?
I noticed some weird anomaly that might happen with dual processor machines... in fact, it happens on my own computer.

SRB2 will start running really choppy and weird and bad. Here's how you can fix this:

Go to Start/Run

type in "taskmgr" (without quotes) and press ENTER

Click on the Processes tab.
Look for srb2win.exe

Right click on it, and go to "Set Affinity..."

In the next box, make sure only CPU0 is checked.

ENjoy!

Hmm... here is a tad different. I run WinXP (call me old >_>'):

1) Go to Start > Run

2) type in "taskmgr" (without quotes) and press ENTER

3) Click on the Processes tab.

4) Look for srb2win.exe

5) Right click on it, and go to "Set Priority >"

6) In mouse menu: "High" or "Real Time".

Maybe I'm wrong. (Amrite? o.O)

EDIT:

I got an annoying lag in CEZ2. This is my current PC aspects:

AMD Sempron Processor 3400+
2.00 GHz, 1,21 GB RAM.

On my WinXP partition, I can find set affinity. You follow Ezer.Arch's instructions up to step 4, but for step 5 you should see an option directly under "Set Priority >" labeled "Set Affinity..." click it and you'll get a menu full of tick boxes, most of them greyed out. Untick CPU 1.

Are you sure this will work? Because my dual cores are locked at 1.80GHZ. But making it dual makes it run much faster....?

Heck, I'll try...or not :P

Thanks!
Hm, this is much better, not perfect, though. I guess a small bugfix is required.

My taskmanager keeps forgetting that I want srb2win to be run only with core 0 (must be my tweaks...), can I put a parameter behind the shortcut path to force it, to set it every time I run srb2?

Mine doesn't have "set affinity" on it either. Real Time stops me from using any controls (I can't even go thru the effing menu), and usually changing the priority will make everything else lag.

I think only Windows XP Professional, not Home, supports this.

In 2.0.2 we're looking to add a console option to turn on the affinity and save it to your config.

It's there on XP Home SP2. Besides, you should have been installing things like the XP Dual-Core Hotfix and the AMD Dual-Core Optimizer (for AMD CPUs).

And why are you still on SP2 anyway? Go get SP3. There really isn't much harm in doing so.

Yeah, but you stated that 1.09.4 would be > than ME before release, so that doesn't really give your opinion that much weight.

do you guys have any other suggestions? i tried the above directiions and my computer froze. TWICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back