Rumors of Xbox 720/Wiiveloution(Wii 2)/Ps4 and possibly Xbox portabal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Chaos Zero posted some Xbox 1080.

These systems will not come out soon. Microsoft stated not before 2012.

Well For sure Not when 2012. These are very advanced technolgy. I heard they come out at around 2020

A Google images search really doesn't provide much evidence. And we probably won't see the next generation of gaming consoles for another 2 or 3 years. Most console generations last 5-6 years, so going by that standard, the next generation would arrive in 2010, 2011. However, Wii MotionPlus just came out recently for the Wii, and the new rev tech for the PS3 and the 360 are yet to come out, so we might have to wait a little longer.

I'm scared to think of the money it would take to actually outdo the 360 and PS3 in sheer hardware these days. Both of them lose large amounts of money on their hardware (before you go ape**** on me for this, bear in mind that Sony and the big M utilize a sales scheme which makes up for hardware losses with their software - and even then, Sony doesn't even make enough to break even, and I'm not certain of Microsoft's statistics either), and the games themselves often have budgets in the tens of millions of dollars (or if you're Bungie, hundreds of millions of dollars)... honestly, is it even worth it anymore? Graphics beyond what we have now are rapidly approaching near-photorealistic quality, and the difference is only going to get less and less noticable from there, yet cost ludicrous amounts of money more.

You know, I kinda miss the days where the biggest developments in games were actually gameplay-related.

Last edited:
Those images are all drawn up fake concept art, drawn by randoms.

and I'm not certain of Microsoft's statistics either

I'm not sure Microsoft really needs to break even with the amount of cash they have under their belt. They could retire their directors to an island they bought if they wanted to. =P

I'll explain my reasons for why these can't happen:

Wii 2: Why would they release a second wii, maybe a new portable ( not related to DS) could happen but not a Wii 2 ( just saying)

PS4: What would a PS4 have that a PS3 doesn't, exactly they would be the same in a way

Xbox portable & Xbox 720: An Xbox Portable just doesn't seem like a system needing to be made, thus throwing Xbox portable out, But an Xbox 720 has the same odds as the rest.

So Basically:
Wii 2:maybe ( but what would make it different?)
PS4:maybe ( but whats the point?)
Xbox portable: doubt it ( it just doesn't seem possible )
Xbox 720: maybe ( but, like others, what would the point be?)

I'm not sure Microsoft really needs to break even with the amount of cash they have under their belt. They could retire their directors to an island they bought if they wanted to. =P

Actually, Microsoft loses money on XBOX related stuff. It's all about weakening the other corporations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back