Mighty No. 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

MellowJacket

The unreliable judge
Megaman lives once more!

Seriously, this makes me so glad. I was sad to see Capcom nix the entire Megaman franchise. With titles like Megaman Zero 1-4, ZX, and Megaman Legends, it's one of my all time favorite series, and it's awesome to see it won't die out like it looked like. Keiji Inafune is a genius, and I hope him and his team fully accomplish the goal and are able to produce some gems with the same quality gameplay and story that their previous titles have had.

It seems to me that there was a lot left to do with the Mega Man series that Capcom never did, and I'd really like to see this reincarantion of sorts get made, so I'm defnitely donating if possible.

This most definitely has my interest. I have been waiting for a new Mega Man game and not only will I get this game because it is a spiritual successor of some sorts but it is its own thing as well.

Yup. The spiritual sequel of a classic game-making franchise like Mega Man sounds about as awesome as the spiritual sequel to the most cartoonishly incredible point-and-click adventure.

I expect that Inafune will manage this in the purest way he can, and give us an experience that hopefully beats out the Mega Man games. Though, we all know how awesome MMX was... Anyway. as far as progress goes, it's been 2 days and they're already through not just their fund goal, but even their first stretch goal, so we get the Mega Man staple of 8 bosses vs. 6! They're also well on the way to their Mac/Linux stretch goal, which oughta appeal to a lot of extra folks. At this rate, they'll probably be able to afford the console goal before they reach the halfway time.

I must say, Mighty No. 9 is looking to be a hell of a game, and the best homage to Mega Man and the fans alike. God knows what else Capcom will do with Mega Man will do after Smash...

If you guys haven't gone and backed this, either do so or throw this kickstarter to all your social networks. Get the ball rolling to those who don't yet know. This is a good project and highly worth the backing.

All aboard the hype train!

WOOT WOOT!

Seriously, this is gonna be awesome. We need to get it to $2,500,000 so there can be Wii U, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions!

Just as a heads up for anyone it pertains to, the game is coming to the PS3, 360, and Wii U consoles now that it has reached that stretch goal.

Am i the only one who thinks this idea sucks? Basically, it's just really combining Megaman with Sonic Colors.

Yeah f*** you, Infaking.

Eddie20 said:
Am i the only one who thinks this idea sucks?
Obviously not if there are others who feel indifferent towards it. But I wouldn't mind you sharing why it sucks.

Eddie20 said:
Yeah f*** you, Infaking.

Lol, the game comes out 2 years from now (estimate). . .indifferent feelings are one thing, but this? The closest we have to some remote gameplay is a test video of the game using the unreal engine, and even then, it's barely enough to go by. Save that animosity until after a demo comes out, or more game footage.

Anyway, congrats to the kickstarter, because they just exceeded 4 million.
346986d478b23a85068afcd791097187_large.jpg
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

I'm glad to see how much money was raised for Mighty No. 9. I bet they weren't expecting to have $4 million by the end of the campaign. I can't wait for this to be released.

Mighty No 9

So.... Yeah Mighty No 9 released today and I STILL don't know what's up! I don't know where my game is and I'm worried if I'll even get the awesome looking Ray character dlc! Is anyone else having this problem, because I've preordered the Steam version and was expecting it TODAY.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Note: Sorry if I sound a bit whiny, I'm just a bit mad right now... =(

Huh. I actually forgot it came out.

Now I have to choose between getting this and getting Kirby: Planet Robobot. Yikes.

Now I have to choose between getting this and getting Kirby: Planet Robobot. Yikes.

MN9-IGN.jpg

Just get Kirby instead. Don't waste your money on this... and most importantly, don't give Inafune any more money.

It's not worth wasting your money on this. From what I seen, it's pretty bad.

I spent five dollars on the kickstarter and got a cute little 8-bit platformer out of it. I feel bad for anyone who spent more than that.

Really? It's out? And I was actually hoping Mighty No. 9 would be a good game once I heard the news. I also feel bad for people who donated lot of money to this...

Well, I at least got my new MegaMan fix through Azure Striker Gunvolt and Mighty Gunvolt. Both are actually really good, unique games like MegaMan X and Classic respectively, and I think I'd recommend those over No. 9 anytime.

It now works on our other computer and I personally find the game fun! What I'm MAD about is why I don't have my Ray dlc. I got the Steam version of the game and it doesn't list any Ray dlc on the page, but if every PHYSICAL copy gets it, why not the digital? Is there any way to get Ray dlc for Steam? I didn't back the project, but I did root for It just in case you want to know.

It now works on our other computer and I personally find the game fun! What I'm MAD about is why I don't have my Ray dlc. I got the Steam version of the game and it doesn't list any Ray dlc on the page, but if every PHYSICAL copy gets it, why not the digital? Is there any way to get Ray dlc for Steam? I didn't back the project, but I did root for It just in case you want to know.

The website states that the Ray DLC is only available for the retail versions of the game, but I assume it will be available to purchase at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back