Silver The Hedgehog [dot pk3]

Mmmm... to be honest I really don't agree at all. It's balancing, you're right on that, but I think it's poor balance. Like, too heavy of a nerf that takes away from the fun. And if it does that, I can't agree and say it's for the best. I'm not big on modding, but aren't there ways to make a character perform differently in PVP than in Singleplayer? Actually, I think I can make a compromise that would work both for both MP and SP.

Let's say, give Silver an automatic 1 bar of regen, (only the first of his bars will regenerate) and make it regen relatively slow. Whenever he picks up an object his energy will drain slowly. 1 item is next to no drain, but the more items, the bigger the drain.

Take these and also apply them to multiplayer.

Next for the whole picking up players issue.

I'd say have it so that when you pick up people, you automatically drop them after 3 seconds. 2 second cooldown when you pick them up has been established, so you only have a time period of 1 second to throw, (to prevent just carrying them around) and if you don't, you drop them with an energy penalty of 1 bar. Have the max amount of Energy required to pick someone up be 2 bars. (As a prerequisite to be able to pick a player up.) It will cost one bar to pick them up and one to throw them. So the person playing Silver in MP will have massive energy costs, so he'll have to play rather tactically.

Help me out here, tell me how to improve this.

Last edited:
Hey! This is a great wad, but I have a commision. since I'm Not so good at making wads, I'd like to do a trade. If you make me a Sash Lilac wad, I'll make you a sonic sprite hack of any choice. thanks.

That... is not an even fucking trade and you know it. Replacing sprites is a toddler's job, but making an entire character wad? You have to be kidding

... also that would be a trade not a comission kek

Last edited:
Update 4.1

So upon reading comments and the never ending list of (salty) complaints about Silver in Discord servers, the reoccuring real problem other than some players lacking the brainpower to read patch notes was... "Holding stuff with less than 1 bar screws you over", but this problem shall be no more for I present you...
UPDATE 4.1

TELEKINESIS CHANGES

- Picking up objects now results in a loss of a fifth of your Psy Energy per object picked up.

- Throwing objects no longer costs any Psy Energy

- Held objects aren't dropped if you drop to 0 Psy Energy

- You can now drop held objects by presssing TOSS FLAG

^ Essentially picking up object costs more Energy but it comes with a new life warranty that allows you to throw them without paying more.

PSYCHO CUT FIX (no don't worry it's not as bad as in 3.0)

- Fixed not being able to throw a Psycho Cut with less than a fifth of your Psy Energy even though the cost had been lowered to a tenth.

Again the release post has been updated to take in account those changes in the tips and abilities explanations.

Last edited:
This be the greatest character wad ever! I love using Silver in match games. It is fun showing everybody that it's no use! They start to beg you to not show them that it's no use but it's no use. I thought the updates would make Silver too vulnerable but to my surprise he still fun to use. Super Silver can not be picked up I noticed. Also Super Silver rules!

The only problems I have with Silver is the four default setup. I do turn off the locksound. I turn on silvervoice because I want people to know that it's no use and Silver talking is hilarious to me though I can understand it being set to off by default. I turn off telekinesistext though not too big deal to me. The aimcross is the only one I leave alone and let it stay on. Other than that I am very glad this exists. I hope this Silver wad will make Silver be officially playable in a official Sonic game someday.

I hope this Silver wad will make Silver be officially playable in a official Sonic game someday.

Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Next-Gen_Box_Art.JPG

I just fell into a pit in a match server and the game spat out this error. I wasn't even playing as Silver at the time, I was playing as Tails and there was nobody else on the server.

Code:
WARNING:...silver.wad|LUA_TELK:2186: attempt to index local 'inf' (a nil value)

My laptop only shows four blue bars, but my desktop shows five; the black bar is still there on the laptop, and when the white bar charges up, it only goes to where the fourth bar is. Any idea what could be causing this?

Could you please consider the following changes for Silver? He's so gimped without telekinesis recharge and there's a few other mechanics that make him rather frustrating to play as now as well as playing against him.

-Uncomment the psy regen lines, Silver is basically a sitting duck without his telekinetic abilities as that's all he has to move around and get away with.
-I don't know how this managed to slip through the cracks but Silver can pick up people in race and competition, which is extremely broken as there's no limiting factor to how long he can grab people. I'd reccomend disabling this behavior unless psynarchy is turned on.
-Adding some way to mash out of being grabbed would be a good idea as well for non-match situations in the event that psynarchy IS turned on.
-Perhaps adding the ability to target players with grabbed objects in competitive gametypes would be a good idea since Silver would no longer be able to directly grab and throw players.
-Silver should be able to target objects he is standing right next to, currently he is only able to grab objects not only within a certain proximity to himself, but also he has to be a certain proximity away from others for it to work too.

Also, when I'm hosting a ringslinger gametype server and jump in a pit as any character, I get the following error:
Code:
WARNING:...Silver.wad|LUA_TELEK:2180: attempt to index local 'inf' (a nil value)

And one last thing is that I'd like to request that Silver's psy pickup/ping be mapped to one of the custom buttons instead of the fire button. I could live without this change happening but I like to keep my fire buttons on my mouse for FPS gametypes and my custom buttons on my keyboard close to jump and movement for general use.

Overall I hope you can fix some of these issues I have and am looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future, Lat'!

Hey! This is a great wad, but I have a commision. since I'm Not so good at making wads, I'd like to do a trade. If you make me a Sash Lilac wad, I'll make you a sonic sprite hack of any choice. thanks.

Wait a minute... That's not a trade, that's a fraud, I figure it out by my self :v.

To say it straight out, yes, another update is planned for Silver. However, I need to make a few points clear;

This update will solely exist to fix Silver in singleplayer and coop, I'm aware that the past changes have completely revolved around ringslinger this and ringslinger that, doing so broke quite a lot of things let alone in the flow of simply playing as Silver in Single Player. I'm dropping literally every balance and support for ringslinger from the next update on as attempting to keep him fair for """competitive gametypes""" in the past updates has done nothing but turn the whole project into a clusterfuck that's probably not even fun to play as anymore, and furthermore, attempting to balance something for gametypes that are already as unbalanced as they can get was a poor decision from my end.

Do note that it doesn't mean that Silver won't work in match, but there will NOT be any attempt to make it fair to play against in any way to not take away from what coop/sp could offer or make two different playstyles, which would probably throw people off.
I can't give any release date as of yet, I'm really unmotivated and am unsure of every change that needs to be done.

To say it straight out, yes, another update is planned for Silver. However, I need to make a few points clear;

This update will solely exist to fix Silver in singleplayer and coop, I'm aware that the past changes have completely revolved around ringslinger this and ringslinger that, doing so broke quite a lot of things let alone in the flow of simply playing as Silver in Single Player. I'm dropping literally every balance and support for ringslinger from the next update on as attempting to keep him fair for """competitive gametypes""" in the past updates has done nothing but turn the whole project into a clusterfuck that's probably not even fun to play as anymore, and furthermore, attempting to balance something for gametypes that are already as unbalanced as they can get was a poor decision from my end.

Do note that it doesn't mean that Silver won't work in match, but there will NOT be any attempt to make it fair to play against in any way to not take away from what coop/sp could offer or make two different playstyles, which would probably throw people off.
I can't give any release date as of yet, I'm really unmotivated and am unsure of every change that needs to be done.
Honestly, I think Silver is still fun to play as; but I do get frustrated sometimes over certain things. Also, SRB2's competitive setting in Match and CTF is a joke alone that lacks balance so trying to make your character fit in between the lines of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles should not be a concern at all to stress on. I mean seriously, we all know Sonic wins at just about everything when he's played skillfully. Silver is alright in Match/CTF.

Now, onto the things that have frustrated me when playing Silver that I feel should be modified.
*Silver cannot use any abilities when he cancels a "spindash"(Since he can't really spin dash but it's replaced) with a jump. This stops the whole "flow" in a boss fight because silver already needs Psynergy to deal any damage (the slide attack is awfully risky) and when I finally stop to charge my gauge back up, the first thing I'm tempted to do is jump when the boss comes around or jump up and use Psycho Boost to catch the boss. My dilemma here is that there can be quite the bit preparation to get a hit in. I land a couple of psycho boosts (or sometimes completely miss them because the move is so fast and tough to aim since it can't turn around) and then I must back away to recharge. Then, when my Psynergy is fully charged, I have to stop the charge by letting go of the spindash key, and then I can jump up and go for my next attack.

By eliminating the last step of having to let go before I can attack I feel like boss fights could go a little smoother since I can simply Psycho Boost right when I've charged my Psynergy.

In short, I would like to be able to float/Psycho Boost immediately after cancelling the Psynergy Charge. Silver already doesn't have a spindash to defend himself when an enemy comes rushing at him; and, simply jumping doesn't help. He needs this change because it would make him more flexible in his performance and give him the upper hand for not having a spindash.

*As far as I've seen he cannot grab projectiles. He can turn Eggman's robots into them, but he still gets swept by the lasers of the Eggmobile. This is a change I could live without. The above change suggested, however I highly recommend.

*Having him pop-up after hitting something with his slide is a cool quality; but it is also a risky option in some situations and I personally use this only when I need to get under a tight space or I want to look cool. The slide is risky as an attack option because he can't land on an enemy or else he'll get hurt. I am glad though that he can float/Psycho Boost off of it. I'm not really sure of ways you can improve the slide with the way it is. Overall, it's an ability that has situational use (as it should be) and I would be fine if it went unchanged. I just wanted to inform you on it's usefulness as an attack option. He's got telekinesis to deal with normal enemies, but against bosses this attack is more risk than reward. Maybe add more knockback upon contact so that Silver has more space to work with?

That's all I have to say. I really do love the work you put into this WAD and don't want you to give up on where you are. Silver is really fun and the way you utilized LUA scripting into his move set is astonishing. Keep up the awesome work Lat!

Also you made me laugh my ass off when you made that post your new signature

Last edited:
This is so fun to play with
It's pretty incredible how you're the first one to nail Silver's abilities at SRB2
This is an awesome WAD, i really hope i get to see more of you.

I eventually keep my promises.
Yes, it was actually done a month ago but I purposely waited for 4/20 at 4:20 PM UK time to release this. Don't thank me.

Silver 5.0 update
So I took the scripts, I deleted them all, and I restarted.

GENERAL CHANGES:
Code:
-Increased Silver's acceleration.
-The Energy meter will now fill back by itself.
-Rings no longer refill it
	^Flow restored, the world is saved.

-Removed the slide and Psycho Charge.
-Silver no longer requires FSonic to have functional NiGHTS sprites.

PSYCHO BOOST CHANGES:
Code:
-Bumping into a wall sets you out of the PsychoBoost state.
	^This is to prevent the wall hugging technique that was used far too often.

-Knockback no longer applies to bumping into enemies.
-Psycho Boost is now slower underwater.

TELEKINESIS CHANGES:
Code:
-Telekinesis is now back on the Spin button.
-Telekinesis cannot be used in mid-air.
-Crosshairs are gone.
-Telekinesis HUD is gone.
-Telekinesis will always throw all grabbed objects.
-Wall detection should be much more accruate.
-Dropping missiles with tossflag will now destroy them instead of leaving them flying in the limbo.
-Enemies killed by Telekinesis refill the meter.
-Single-throw-multikills can overload your Energy, making it infinite for 4 seconds.
-Objects hurt while being held are dropped.

RINGSLINGER CHANGES:
Code:
-Despite what I said last time, they actually happened!
-Psycho Cut now fires 3 projectiles in rapid succession.
-Psycho Cut now consumes Rings instead of Energy.
-Psycho Cut are affected by Infinity Ring pickups.
-Weapon Pickups now give Rings to Silver.
-Silver will now get points for the following:
	*Throwing players in hazards
	*Wiggling players into hazards
	*Drowning players
	*Throwing players into pits
	*Throwing players on other players
-Because of above's change related to missiles, pressing tossflag detonates any held Bomb or Grenade Ring and may hurt players to your credit.
-Improved Hurt Messages greatly and fixed occurences where the incorrect message would be displayed even though the player had been killed.

MODDING RELATED CHANGES:
Code:
-Silver's abilities will not work if his charability is different than 69. (I claim this ability slot, fuck you.)
-Silver's HUD elements can be disabled by setting "silv_cutHUD" or "silv_barHUD" to false or nil. (They are in the _G table.) (they respectively disable the ringslinger hud and the energy bar)
-Silver's telekinesis uses a table containing all grabbable objects. If you need to access it for whatever reason, you may use "silv_getTKtable()" (returns table, function also saved in the _G table.)

Is it possible to pick up players in co-op with Silver 5.0?
Or do I have to use older versions?

Nobody ever used that feature so I figured I'd make coding easier on my end by removing it. If you want to pick up friendly players you'll have to use an older version. Though I suppose I could add it back in an update whenever someone finds a huge game breaking bug I'll have to fix.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back