• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Jasper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vx8pG4X.png

This thread has actually surpassed the amount of views the original 2.0 Jasper had received over its lifetime of a year and four months. Firstly, how is that even physically possible, and secondly I'm really proud of Jasper's progress since his days of having the homing attack and having 'the Fox' as a title, and I hope to make him as complete as possible in the next while. Speaking of complete, have some cosmetic tweaks to the pink.

3koUQM3.gif
Stars now use ghost trails so that other players can readily see them. The comet spintrail Jasper possesses also received a ghost trail just because it looks overall cleaner compared to what I had before.

sVhzT04.gif
Jasper's super stomp is now a lot faster, and Jasper can't move around while using it due to forming into a comet. However, this allows a straight fall to the ground where a spindash would be able to kick you back up to speed. Although you can't see it, the Spark Burst still exists in the stomp, I just go too fast for the camera to stay in one spot.

You know guys, instead of bugging the awesome creator to finish up the port already (considering 2.1.9 may have messed up his current lua by now) you could just go and make a worthless unofficial port, play with a character in releases, make your own character, or SHUT UP AND WAIT.

You know guys, instead of bugging the awesome creator to finish up the port already (considering 2.1.9 may have messed up his current lua by now) you could just go and make a worthless unofficial port, play with a character in releases, make your own character, or SHUT UP AND WAIT.

Please no. Do not ever mention the idea of unoffical ports. EVER! Also from what I've heard from the man of the hour, 2.1.9 will BENEFIT Jasper.

2.1.9 will BENEFIT Jasper.

Yes and no. Currently it broke the Spark Burst, but in due time it'll help me optimize code and make everything generally easier to manage.

EDIT: Spark Burst is patched up and ready to roll; things can only get better from here

Last edited:
Yes and no. Currently it broke the Spark Burst, but in due time it'll help me optimize code and make everything generally easier to manage.

EDIT: Spark Burst is patched up and ready to roll; things can only get better from here

Welp, How about 2.1.10? :P Dang those updates..... But hey, They are making lua Better, So, yea. Perhaps we can see more lua in Jasper soon? Or maybe not. Meh, I don't Know about anything.

C0r5Alo.gif
Pretty much the only things I have to do besides the above is clean up the code, remove freeslots I took up for really unnecessary things, and create the final few sprites. I made separate objects for a star, a color changing star, and the flipped variants when all I really needed to do was change sprites. I blame learning!

Perhaps we can see more lua in Jasper soon? Or maybe not.
Maybe. I don't really see Jasper gaining any more Lua-fueled abilities, anyway. One of the key aspects of Jasper as a character is to show that you really don't need 5 abilities to make a character fun to play as. Jasper's two abilities go hand in hand and work together to help him get across treacherous terrain, whereas a character like Greeneyes has a multitude of abilities that work seperately and have their own uses, which can lead to a bit of confusion.

H5JJIcu.gif

Comet spintrail sparkles stolen from Jasper's super. May or may not be in a future update after release because I just wanna get Jasper done by this point. Also shows off that Jasper's comet now actually surrounds him. Neato!

I get the feeling that Jasper will replace Rosy as my favorite wad once it's released. Cant. Freaking. Wait. But take your time please thanks.

Wait a minute, did you find a way to fix the HUD problem: One meter one top of another?

Multiple Jasper players have their own star count shown on their retrospective HUDs (Unless you're playing two player, in which case I haven't bothered to fix it). If you mean other characters/Lua elements covering the star count, I have a plan for that later.

C0r5Alo.gif
Pretty much the only things I have to do besides the above is clean up the code, remove freeslots I took up for really unnecessary things, and create the final few sprites. I made separate objects for a star, a color changing star, and the flipped variants when all I really needed to do was change sprites. I blame learning!

Maybe. I don't really see Jasper gaining any more Lua-fueled abilities, anyway. One of the key aspects of Jasper as a character is to show that you really don't need 5 abilities to make a character fun to play as. Jasper's two abilities go hand in hand and work together to help him get across treacherous terrain, whereas a character like Greeneyes has a multitude of abilities that work seperately and have their own uses, which can lead to a bit of confusion.

H5JJIcu.gif

Comet spintrail sparkles stolen from Jasper's super. May or may not be in a future update after release because I just wanna get Jasper done by this point. Also shows off that Jasper's comet now actually surrounds him. Neato!

i wuv this

Jasper's comet spin trails look like a pink Boost, which looks awesome. Keep up the great work, Jasper in... Jasper.
Also I hope to see Jasper in the releases soon!

I was bored, made some random models, then I decided to work a bit more on the Jasper model, and I wanted to fix up his shirt a bit, so I took off his jacket, and for some strange and odd reason, jasper reminded me of another character...:

jasper_looks_a_bit_like____by_ordomandalore-d7vbsp0.png

I was bored, made some random models, then I decided to work a bit more on the Jasper model, and I wanted to fix up his shirt a bit, so I took off his jacket, and for some strange and odd reason, jasper reminded me of another character...

Jasper originally had a long sleeved shirt with his jacket instead of a t-shirt, but this was changed the instant he got gloves since they clashed brutally. I've never actually drawn Jasper without his jacket before as I draw as if I'm drawing a pattern (doing the same process), so it's kinda neat seeing it from a 3D model.

The model looks really good right now and the only thing I can think that could change is making the pants a bit baggier on him (it's why Jasper is so slow in the first place!)

also i don't watch dragon ball z don't kill me

Yep, the pants, a bit of the hat, and the fur thingies on his muzzle still need to be fixed up.

And having the ability to change the outfits of the character with extreme ease is one benefit of having a 3d model.

lol, jk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back