• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 The Master's Challenge -- Update:New Textures and Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Com

I've decided to show off just the beginnings of my SRB2 mod. I've created pretty much all of the Dry Dunes Zone textures, so I plan on showing them to you. I hope to begin level construction on Friday, since I happen to have that day off.

I know it isn't in the SRB2 pallete-sp?, but I meant to do that for it will look, well, dry when loaded by the game.

Re: SRB2 The Master's Challenge

Com said:
I've decided to show off just the beginnings of my SRB2 mod. I've created pretty much all of the Dry Dunes Zone textures, so I plan on showing them to you. I hope to begin level construction on Friday, since I happen to have that day off.

I know it isn't in the SRB2 pallete-sp?, but I meant to do that for it will look, well, dry when loaded by the game. Flame this, I beg you.
:eek: Why would i flame this? I like it so far let me know if you need a test dummy to test it ill be that test dummy.

I was just joking when I said flame this. Sarcasm. Anyways, I've started some of the Feat City Zone textures. I belive most of these are in the SRB2 pallete.

The SRB2 pallete is quite limiting, and this is certianly not my best work, but I think it is a good challenge.

Answers!

1.All level progress will begin Friday this week, as stated in my first post.

2.I have ideas of what I want to do with the plot, but I don't have anything that will for sure end up in the final product. As for a level list, the only levels planned right now are Dry Dunes Zone, Feat City Zone,
Diamond Shivers Zone, and The Race Around the World.

I hope to get screens of the first zone I'm building (and it isn't the first zone) out by tommarrow, and maybe a possible demo out Saterday night.

Bump n' Hump!

*shot*

Anyways, I have a annoucement to make. The main frame of Feat City
Zone is coming close to completion. The level is far from done however. You see, I am re-doing the textures to be more realistic, since I've finally got the tools to do so. I hope to also start on some of the custom scenery and enemies found in this level. (I will also need help SOCing the gimmicks found in this level.) Here is a example of one of my textures. This game's style is based on clay, and a clay version of Sonic's world. Comments plz.

(and I still don't have a Wii :cry: )

Com said:
Bump n' Hump!

*shot*

Anyways, I have a annoucement to make. The main frame of Feat City
Zone is coming close to completion. The level is far from done however. You see, I am re-doing the textures to be more realistic, since I've finally got the tools to do so. I hope to also start on some of the custom scenery and enemies found in this level. (I will also need help SOCing the gimmicks found in this level.) Here is a example of one of my textures. This game's style is based on clay, and a clay version of Sonic's world. Comments plz.

(and I still don't have a Wii :cry: )

what kind of gimmicks maybe i can help :wink:

Com said:
Most of the gimmicks are rather complicated. Are you advanced at SOCing? :|
well I'm learning but i judge myself rather harsh so I will pm you my latest soc.

EDIT; when you get it keep in mind that its only a beta.

fcz2nw6.png

What exactly is this supposed to represent? I think it would look pretty stupid having castle textures with a big blue block in the middle..

Shuffle said:
fcz2nw6.png

What exactly is this supposed to represent? I think it would look pretty stupid having castle textures with a big blue block in the middle..
I think it has something to do with it being based on clay.

It is supposed to be a window in a brick wall. The artistic look of the game is that everything is made of "clay". Sorta like the paper idea used in Paper Mario. Not everything is going to have the right texture because it is made of clay, but I can still work on that window if you think I should.

Grass

A Sidewalk

Comment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back