Happy Hanukkah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely forgot that started a few days ago.

Its hard to believe its that time of year already.

Yes, Happy hannukah and whatnot, to all you Jewish folks.

You know, speaking about religous holidays, do aethiests still celebrate them? if they don't, sucks for them. No presents. D:

Kaysakado said:
You know, speaking about religous holidays, do aethiests still celebrate them?

Come on now, who would skip winter holidays? A guy who doesn't take the bible literally doesn't just wave away Christmas. Even without religion, it still contains the basic theme of giving, and it's a standard tradition in plenty parts of the world. Personally, I think it would be only rational to enjoy the winter holidays as much as everyone else.

-SweetTart- said:
Kaysakado said:
Blue Warrior said:
Come on now, who would skip winter holidays?
You realize they're in the Summer in the southern hemisphere, right?

Aethiests don't have to live in the Southern Hemisphere you know.
I wasn't talking about the aethiest thing in that post, I was talking about how Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, etc.(I'm sure I missed one) aren't always in the Winter.

Athiest I am, no need for a god I have. lol Yoda.

But yeah, I like Christmas because of the traditions. Not because of fucking Jesus.

FUCKING JESUS.

I'm not really athiest. I made up my own religion, which is basically a spin-off of the parts of the Christian bible that I actually read. Anyways, yeah I celebrate X-Mas.

My dad is atheist...he doesn't really celebrate much but at least I still get presents from him.

Also, I just learned something I never knew before. Kwanzaa is a holiday for
celebrating african-american heritage. I NEVER knew what the hell it actually
was until just now when I decided to google it. It was first stated in
1966...wow. Is that enough time to actually call it a "tradition"?

And Syko, come on. It's perfectly fine to say you're atheist but
"**** JESUS." is a bit unnecessary.

It may be censored by ****, but it's actually the f-bomb with an 'ing' attached to it.

Because the concept of Jesus in a religion annoys me. Allow me to explain. I'm not trying to start a religious war or sommat like that, but here goes:

You usually hear Christianity as the first dignified religion. This is not true, but the actual first dignified was by the Celtic people. Christianity merely takes from the Pagan and Celtic religions that it actually likes. Pagans and Celtic believe that magic exists, and Christians view magic as witchcraft, or someone trying become another Creator/God.

It basically makes me angry so I pulled a "Liberate your mind, fuck religion" thing. I'm good. Still, Christmas is still a holiday in its own right since it promotes family get togetherness. Japan celebrates it, and the main religion there is Shinto, which has little to do with Christianity, furthering this thought of mine.

Oh, I totally agree that early Christians took pagan holidays and such and turned them into Christian holidays so that they wouldn't lose pagan converts who missed their holidays and such.

And heck, Jesus wasn't even born in December...

But, my only concern about what you said is that it could be very, VERY offensive to some of the people here. You just need to watch what you say. Although I don't want to start some crazy religious war, there are other people who do, and those words you use can come right back and bite you in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back