Project: Hyper Duels - v1 (mrtf_projecthyperduels.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphere

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
DESCRIPTION
It was one peaceful day in #srb2fun, when KO.T.E suddenly came up with an idea: 'Why not combine mine and Blade's levels in one pack?' I quickly heard of this idea, and asked if I could add my levels in it too. I could, and we started to work on compiling our maps into one pack, with some slight touch-ups added.
When we had to think of a name, we quickly decided to use a combination of our old multiplayer packs names:
Project: Sphere
Blade's Hyper Pack (which was never publicly released)
Chaos Duels
And then, after some more work, it grew to the pack you see before you.

LEVELS
Obviously the part you've all been waiting for: the actual content of this pack! However, only one screenshot per level, because of the 20 image limit (and links are stupid).
We managed to get a whopping amount of 18 levels in this pack, which is quite a lot compared to most other multiplayer packs.
Anyway, without further ado, the level listing.

CTF
97skdl.jpg
2rz28at.jpg
59sy75.jpg
2e2f6l3.jpg
1zxd7m.jpg
ac4ggw.jpg
2llkpx2.jpg

MATCH
2942yhw.jpg
33zcylf.jpg
2cej0b8.jpg
11qioaq.jpg
2qs5dhk.jpg
2irntr8.jpg
2ylmozp.jpg

RACE
iee4jm.jpg
2u5zudz.jpg
sou2pz.jpg
2u77kw2.jpg

VERSION HISTORY
v1 - The first release, this is just a compilation of our maps, without many changes.

PROGRESS LIST
v2 is planned to have many improvements to the included levels, and maybe we even get to add some new ones!
I can already confirm that Aquatic Relic is being worked on, and will feature some pretty drastic changes from the original.

DOWNLOAD MIRROR
Sendspace mirror - Click me!

Have fun playing!

Attachments

• mrtf_projecthyperduels.rar
    8.8 MB · Views: 2,917
This looks pretty good, not gunna lie. I'll be sure to run through it and review it sometime myself.

this looks pretty amazing actually, I think im gonna host up a server of this tomorrow when people are awake (hopefully this will revive CTF servers cause I never see any)

Hi trolling attempt! In all seriousness, here we have three of the best mappers in this community releasing a pack together. What do you want more?

...Dude what are you talking about? I said it looked good and I was gonna make a server, how is that trolling or asking for more? <.< lern 2 english.

get out of here

This looks amazing. Hopefully I'll encounter someone trying hide and seek on these new maps sometime.

Last edited:
These levels look amazing. You two are my favorite map designers on the site. I'm gonna go and test them out.

Oh... my... god. Your Dark Fort level is nearly identical to a dream I had a while back.

Creepy...

Someone gave me the idea of posting a movie I made with this level pack on my servers. It's here:

I and other members of community were chatting on SRB2 IRC and we decided to play this level pack. Then I got the idea of making movies of the best level packs that we have (just because they deserve it).

I'm not intending to show skills or something about the players here. I just want to show one of best level packs that SRB2 Community has made: Hyper Duels. More videos about other level packs are intended to be made.

SRB2 is not about gamming only. It is about developing stuffs too. I invite you to join us to learn how to make maps, characters, source code modifications and other add-ons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jog79ydQ9L0&p=010150A8FE3D6F04

Wow I really like this!! If I just download this, I'll be able to join games using it, right?

It means... 10 Characters. I'ma gonna start a server for it right now. BTW, what does it mean when the MS says my server is "unknown"?

Gemini, RAR file is a compressed file (this means this file was a wad file at least 3 or 4 as big). You must have a file archiver (like WinRAR, 7zip etc) to uncompress it before using in the game.

If you don't have a file archive: http://www.7-zip.org/

Last edited:
Very awesome, it's extremely fun to play in chaos mode I'll have you know.

Also what's the name of the music in Aquatic Base?

Also what's the name of the music in Aquatic Base?

That would be from Super Monkey Ball 2 for the Gamecube. To save you the search, here is a Youtube link for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ngBNbh-JI&feature=related

And yes, I do like the fact that this does add more levels for Match and CTF. The only complaint I have is just the stage lag... Everything is just fine with me. I have to say that my favorite stage is the Dusty Barracks stage. Makes you feel that you are in the wild west. We just need some cowboy hats, actual guns and maybe some horses. *shot*

Last edited:
And yes, I do like the fact that this does add more levels for Match and CTF. The only complaint I have is just the stage lag... Everything is just fine with me. I have to say that my favorite stage is the Dusty Barracks stage. Makes you feel that you are in the wild west. We just need some cowboy hats, actual guns and maybe some horses. *shot*

Yeah, Dusty Barracks is really cool, but it's kind of dissappointing, because there's all the cool back passages, and you never need to use them because all the weapons are in plain sight. For a while it was bugging me because it's such an awesome map for sniping, but I couldn't hit a thing because my green angle pointer would get lost among the vines and stuff. Lucky for me I just realized that the pointer dot is red, so that might work better...

My favorite is Clockwork Towers, I can totally go beast on that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back