A Few Questions Concerning the SRB2 Time Attack Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yes, I'm aware that you have to beat the game in under 23 minutes, but I'm curious as to the conditions in which the 23 minutes has to be met.

1. Can a 23-minute challenge be done on an already-complete save file, or do I need to start a file from scratch and do this? I also imagine that you can do this with any of the standard characters (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles).

2. If I do need to start a new file, can this challenge be done in multiple parts, and is restarting allowed? (Like say I get halfway through Arid Canyon Zone and mess up, can I quit to the title screen and try again, or does that time count against you? )

3. Is the challenge based on the finish times for each stage alone, or does it include time also spent losing lives? (Example: Lets say I'm running through a stage like Egg Rock Zone 1 for about 25 seconds, but then mess up and lose a life, does that count against the time?)

A little clarification would help, thanks.

The wording on that unlockable is bad.

You just need to get your total time under Time Attack under 23 minutes when all of the single player levels have a time.

Oh, all right, thanks for that. I imagine this is true for any character, even if none of the others have a time set yet.

Perhaps someone should put that in the Wiki too when they have a chance. I'm sure I probably wasn't the only one who got confused over this one.

The total selects whatever character has the best time amongst the three for each stage, so feel free to use the different characters where applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back