• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Jasper MD2 coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario A. Roach

¡Reremy
I take a day working hard on this MD2:
7f4IxcJ.png

Yes, no animations, not I finished it.
I took some things from Jeck jims.

You have the permission from Jeck Jims? if it stolen, the things are going to be worse.

Ok, from the comments of that video it looks like he doesn't mind, and this model is pretty good so far. I'm looking forward to the finished thing.

A few errors; Jasper wears a shirt underneath that vest, so the sleeves are white and not red. The vest also covers his back and from the one picture you posted you can see translucency in-between the vest and the shirt. I'm also unsure if this can be changed what with color-changing MD2s, but his bandana and shoes are a brighter red than the vest and cap. Solid start though; Jasper's sprites themselves are awfully inconsistent and not really up to par with what's considered the standard, so it'll be a tad difficult to make a good model of him without some good guess work.

TheDoctor was making a Jasper model around the time Jasper was getting released, but now he just uses that model to make horrible memes and forever taunt me.

FEGlAe1.png

Those mistakes corrected after coming home from school, about 5 hours ago. And walking animations made when.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Those mistakes corrected after coming home from school, about 5 hours ago. And walking animations made when.
CWyqv4u.png

Heh, I made a jasper md2 also

jasper_the_fox___custom_3d_model_by_ordomandalore-d8p9dfk.png

Now if only we can get Virt, Virtual, jeck jims, terra, pretty much every modeler on the srb2 community to make an md2 of jasper.

I like the muzzle and hair of your model tho.

Edit: oh, looking at the pics even closer I believe the muzzle and hands belong to jeck jims, that's just his style of reducing polycount of SEGA's models, if so I would credit him.

Last edited:
I had already seen, in fact, wanted one for my play, but did not see any downloadable and animations.
Off topic, my English is bad?

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

I had already seen, in fact, wanted one for my play, but did not see any downloadable and animations.
Off topic, my English is bad?
I did polygonal I do not want to have a high quality model that does not sit well with the game.

Yeah I was wondering when you were going to release that.

Also this Jasper model looks pretty good, I can't wait to see it in action!

Whenever jasper finishes making new sprites for me to base the animations off of. He hasn't worked on them for a while, so it's to say:
SyItCts.png

@XleederTH Well, looking at the hair...tuff...thing, it does look a bit high poly, not super high, not very high, but pretty high compared to normal low-poly models.

I have a problem with hair that ugly I put, I forgot to erase it when I could and now no turning back. the model is fucked me and now I have to re-do the animation of walking, it costs a lot to create. Of course I will do it without problems. I take this opportunity to put other eyes.

It looks nice, but it almost feels like Jeck Jims made it... You did get permission to use some of his assets right?

I talked to him direct message, to upgrade to modern sonic, but said have full permission, while giving crédtios, but not published because there was no effort. Yes, I have permission: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJsmxM4TazE
Here I congratulated for the great job I did.
I completely disagree about issues of credit and steal their property rights to others.

Last edited:
I think that you should have his right hand aimed downwards when he shoots stars so it looks like he's shooting them out of his hand, while funny to think about, it looks like he's just farting out stars at the moment which I don't think was quite what Jasper had intended when he made the wad. Other than that, this looks awesome and indeed very professional, I can't wait to try it out!

I think that you should have his right hand aimed downwards when he shoots stars so it looks like he's shooting them out of his hand, while funny to think about, it looks like he's just farting out stars at the moment which I don't think was quite what Jasper had intended when he made the wad. Other than that, this looks awesome and indeed very professional, I can't wait to try it out!

Now I am in the process of looking how many frames to be changed, because I did not want to stay a foot lower than the other, that's a mistake.

A video of how it looks so far:
Video

So far it looks great! My only minor gripe about are the frames when Jasper uses a star. In the actual wad, he's shown to shoot the stars from his hands while with the MD2 it looks like he's just pooping them out.

Take a look at this sprite for example:
0KEx04i.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back