strange glitchs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely big, I think this has to do with the size of the room, which is 18688 X 12800 (it is a huge death pit, like AGZ.)

I've noticed this glitch and a few others in my large maps, so I'll just assume it is based on the size of the map.

It isn't the size of your level, that's just an extremely small texture area being rendered over the player sprite.

It's not the level, it's the renderer.

ok...

1)Is there a way to fix that?

2)I also noticed that sometimes, walls appear that aren't in the level, and when you get closer, it disappears. is that the renderer, or am I doing something?

1) Not really...try experimenting.
2) Both, Really big rooms break software. Don't make huge rooms.

Zanyhead said:
1) Not really...try experimenting.
2) Both, Really big rooms break software. Don't make huge rooms.
1)ok, I'll try to work around it

2)well...I need to have big rooms to get the "high up in the sky" feeling...

also...I have no idea how I pulled this one off. All sectors are closed, and there are no "map errors"

For a high up in the sky feeling, reduce the gravity to .4 and build only with FOFs. You might also change the sky used.

on Edge said:
For a high up in the sky feeling, reduce the gravity to .4 and build only with FOFs. You might also change the sky used.
..or I can just do what Mystic did with AGZ and set both the sky and floor flats to F_SKY1 and the ceiling and floor of the thok barrier to F_SKY1 and not bother with a million control sectors

Actually, the thok barrier has to have a floor texture if you want it to look right. That's the reason that there is a visible barrier at the edge of all open-sky areas in AGZ. The renderer screws up if you don't.

That's only if you're thok barrier has a floor height heigher than the floor of the map. I've made many a map that has a thokbarrier that matches the floor height of the map. It works, and it looks great.

At least, back when I made AGZ, having the thok barrier's floor equal to F_SKY, no matter what the height, would cause a gigantic HOM effect in software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back