Fixed [Fixed for 2.2] cam_dist is reset to 128 after respawning at a Star Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reproduce by:

1) Setting cam_dist to something other than the default of 128.
2) Hit a Star Post.
3) Die or press retry in the menu.
4) See that cam_dist got reset to 128.

The rest of the camera parameters (cam_height, cam_speed) are maintained. It's just cam_dist that's randomly reset back to the default.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not exactly a bug - it's a pretty explicit reset in the code - but this behaviour is changed in 2.2.

As such, I'm not sure what icon to mark this with. "Fixed" is wrong because it's not a bug, but "Invalid" is misleading. I wonder what MI thinks.

It's not exactly a bug - it's a pretty explicit reset in the code - but this behaviour is changed in 2.2. As such, I'm not sure what icon to mark this with. "Fixed" is wrong because it's not a bug, but "Invalid" is misleading. I wonder what MI thinks.
I'd say "Fixed", because the behaviour is changed from what it's like in the report, and the behaviour in the report is (arguably) completely un-nice. But then again, I'm not Monster Iestyn.

Will the real MI stand up? ...Oh right, that'd be me.

Anyhow, yes, in 2.1 none of the cam_* variables are saved to config.cfg, they're even reset by reloading a level so I recall. This was likely intentional behaviour originally, but as already stated it's been changed for 2.2 anyway.

So I'd say "Fixed", with a sidenote that it's fixed for 2.2 only, not for any future 2.1 patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back