[Open Assets] Sonic Smash Brawl

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

ManimiFire

Meow Motherfuckers.
5lavl1.png

I've come to make an announcement shadow is a b-, you heard right, the mod "Sonic Smash Brawl" finally came to SRB2!

WARNING: YOU NEED 2+ PLAYERS TO PLAY, AND THE HUD SYSTEM SUPPORTS ONLY 4 PLAYERS AND LESS

(If in any case you still wanna practice/have fun alone, so be sure to type this on console: "MAP MAPC[1\2\3\4\5\6\7\8\9\A\B\C\D\E\F\G\H\I] -gametype coop -force") or just select in competition "Practice Level Zone" for practice :v

Level List

This mod has 29 levels!

The Practice Pack (1)
PRACTICE LEVEL ZONE (By me)
vfdrfb.png

The Co-op Pack (4)
KNOTHOLE HILL ZONE (By me)
DESERT RUINS ZONE (By me)
DEATHEGG BASE ZONE (By me)
BOSS (By me)

The Beginner Pack (7)
GREEN GARDEN ZONE
3AYip0u.png

TECHNOLOGY PLAINS ZONE
GARGOYLE PIT ZONE
LeLGOqp.png

CASTLE TRAP ZONE
WILD CANYON ZONE
P3wibja.png

MAGMA CORE ZONE
TACTICAL SPACESHIP ZONE
VgO6rlR.png

(All by me)

The Community Pack (10)
BATTLEFIELD 1 ZONE (By Sapheros)
GFPC8Ry.png

IRON CAVERN ZONE (By Boinciel)
FLASHING DEATH ZONE (By Boinciel)
q0U3fZs.png

PANIC ISLE ZONE (By Boinciel)
DESERT ISLAND ZONE (By Boinciel)
gp2mJel.png

FREEZING FROST ZONE (By Venture)
BLACK STREET ZONE (By Venture)
6VxRPn5.png

CIONISTIC LABORATORY ZONE (By BooneBot)
FINAL DESTINATION ZONE (By CarlosGamer72)
aoRYe7Q.png

BATTLEFIELD 2 ZONE (By CarlosGamer72)

The Regular Pack (4)
DIGITAL VOID ZONE (By me)
FALLEN CITY ZONE (By me)
ANCIENT EMPIRE ZONE (By me)
STUDIOPOLIS ZONE (By me)
JSN1pZI.png

The Memes Pack (1)
BOMB FIGHT ZONE (By me)
YwgXQnb.png

The CTF Pack (2)
LOST TEMPLE ZONE (By me)
GREEN BASES ZONE (By Venture)

Rules
This mod is for Competition gametype. You're getting spawned on 2D map, you have to damage the rivals with first attack, secondary attack and special powers... (And items' stuff). Also, in every Brawl map a super emerald appears after 53 seconds, the super emerald is spawned every minute, and disappears every 15 seconds (If I remember right...). The super emerald has 3 life points. The players need to damage the super emerald 3 times before the super emerald disappears. The player who defeats the super emerald gains the special aura. If a player with a special aura presses the spin button, he turns to super for 12 seconds. If a player damages the player with the special aura and the player with the special aura has more than 100%, the special aura disappears, and the super emerald appears from the inside of the player.
If a player dies and if it's not you, you recieve 1 point.

Controls
(The controls menu got an update "Smash & Misc":)
Normal Attack (previously Ring Toss)
Special Attack (previously Spin)
Grab (previously Custom 1)
Shield/Dodge (previously Ring Toss Normal)
Change Viewpoint (previously Custom 2)
Change Angle (previously Custom 3)
Pick Item (previously Toss Flag)
Taunt (previously Weapon Num 1)

Console
There are some usefull commands that the admin/server can type on console during brawl:

Available Commands

"hud_option" [1 / 2] - Switches between two types of exist HUDs (the default is 1).

"num_stocklives" [number] - Changes the number of the lives you start to brawl with.

"zoom" [number] - Changes the amount of zoom of the camera (in fracunits).

"camfocus" [player node/-1] - Changes a viewpoint for the smash camera (-1 to change back to default).

"camangle" [angle/-1] - Changes the angle of the smash camera (default is 90).

"pb_scale" [player node] [scale] - Rescales a player (only as server/admin.)

"pb_botgrab" [bot node] [yes/no] - Gives a practice bot the option to grab players (only as server/admin.)

"spawnitem" [item] - Spawns an item. (only as server/admin.)

"colorbot" [bot num] [color] - Recolors bot.

"skinbot" [bot num] [skin] - Reskins bot.

"unlock" [rosy/shadow/silver/metalsonic/addon1] - unlocks a character! (addon1 is a custom character you add!)

"lock" [rosy/shadow/silver/metalsonic/addon1] - locks a character! (addon1 is a custom character you add!)

What's new?

18/02/2019 (01:18 AM.. lol)

• Changed menu layout.
  • Added camera viewpoint control (custom 2).
  • Added camera angle control (custom 3).
  • Added difficulty 0 for the bots! (practice bots).
  • Added new commands (can be seen above).
  • Still W.I.P but good enough support for a new skin you choose!
  • Replaced Sonic's, Shadow's and Metal's down b with spin attack! Charge it and go for the strike!
  • The character select screen will be now shown before every level.
  • An option to choose between colors in the character select screen is now available!

The Victory Menu (Unused)
After one of the players wins, the game opens a victory menu for the winner, and the winner can choose the number of the stock for the next round, after he chooses, he can confirm his choose by pressing the jump button, after that, there is a second part of the menu which the player chooses if to play again the same level or to change to the next level. I'm quite proud of that menu tbh, I created that menu for show more effort and good progress about the mod.

Taunting

According to v1.2, Sonic, tails, knuckles, Fsonic and Tailscd skins can use taunting if they are no moving, on the ground and press the "Taunt" button...

Special Thanks

I want to thank to Sapheros for helping me with bug fixing, and allowed me to use the "Victory Frames". (from victorypose.wad) And for CarlosGamer72 and Tonic for decorated this mod :D.

For thank to HitCoder for allowing me to use his lua.

Thanks to Prisima and Lat' for teaching me how to modify the source code.

Also, if you want to try to send me your own custom level for this mod, PM me :)

SSB Bots Tutorial (Reminder that those are still W.I.P)

jHFR36X.png

Important Message!
You should name yourself in the game to a name that has maximum 6 letters so the HUD won't force you to.

Discord Server
https://discord.gg/cyZDtqr

R11Hj2Y.png

Source Code

Link -> MediaFire

Download

Attention! The current version doesn't support v2.1.23 of the vanilla, so please make sure you play through the SSB.exe file on the "Sonic Smash Bros" folder in the .ZIP file below |
v

Link ->MediaFire

Last edited:
Wow, Manimi, really you improved so much, this is a great mod, Boinciel did a great job in porting maps from SSBSS mod 1.09.4 to srb2 2.1, this is what srb2 needs, a smash bros mod XD.

Wow, Manimi, really you improved so much, this is a great mod, Boinciel did a great job in porting maps from SSBSS mod 1.09.4 to srb2 2.1, this is what srb2 needs, a smash bros mod XD.

Actually, Boinciel made those maps, and I ported them.. Lol, thanks ^^

Manimi, you really outdid yourself this time! You have been steadily been getting better and better, and at this rate, you could be an awesome SRB2 developer! The fact this is a SMASH BROS MOD alone got me hooked. Awesome job. You deserve a pat on the back for all your hard work on this mod! =)

Well, too bad for me, i cant play online, because of this shitty internet that i have, and cant test the mod so good. But still i can help in this mod.

the amount of updates this gets reminds me of the numerous updates and patches in smash 4... good times...

Still, I must agree with the others; I have seen an improvement from your other mods. I hope this will get support for custom move sets and the sort, so we can make our own characters for this.

the amount of updates this gets reminds me of the numerous updates and patches in smash 4... good times...

Still, I must agree with the others; I have seen an improvement from your other mods. I hope this will get support for custom move sets and the sort, so we can make our own characters for this.

Well, you still can create characters for this mod, I just never thought about it before... Remember that custom 2 and custom 3 are empty if you want special moves there...

Update:

Tried new system (beta 4), the gametype of normal brawl is now: "Competition".

More info at the top of the page...

Oh wow.

I am amazed.
BTW I think you could get this to work in 3D considering HOW GOOD YOU'VE GOT O_O

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back