SRB2 Heroes (Real superpower of TEAMWORK!)

Errorlog problems

So in order for it to be loged the game need to have the "srb2win.exe has stopped working" in order for it to log it into the errorlog, but the issue is that the game freezes ENTIRELY and can't send anything to the errorlog while the game is frozen and ending the task in Task Manager still doesn't record the error (did check the very bottom of the error log for the most updated error but that fact that THIS error clog up:
Cs40iC3WAAAnhIC.jpg

doesn't help :/ )
I did reproduce the crash and still no record of the freeze. so... idk :/

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

(In short it can't put the error in the errorlog because the game freezes)

Delete the errorlog and attempt to recreate the crash so that there'll only be one item in that log to check.

Zone Builder crash

Also speaking of crashes if i load any map of sc_heroesv3.wad in Zone Builder it just crashes:
Cs45QhxXgAAjKfN.jpg

Cs45QhyWEAAPUOJ.jpg

Cs45QhyWEAIEH4N.jpg

Cs45QhyXEAET1q8.jpg

That error goes in the Zone Builder thread, not here.

OK I'm gonna do this "live" in a way:
At the moment the game is froze like this:
Cs47zj0WAAAuox7.jpg

But when i look I'm my SRB2 folder, there is not errorlog :/ how am i going to get the game to log this freeze if its frozen??

Yeah... Chicmunk is right, hell, I can't even find the "problem" in SRB2 Doom Builder or Workbench due to freezing and crashing in that level at random (Since it can't load in Zone Builder). I can only recommend that STHE123O recreates the stage for 2.1.16.

(RIP - doubble post)
(and yes I will move this Zone Builder Error to the correct post :/ ) [14 minutes later DONE]

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

The 2 stages that have this type of crash are Power Metropolis and Rail Station.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Which is why I kinda wanna make Grand Metropolis in Zone Builder by looking at the original stage from Sonic Heroes :/

Last edited:
Turns out the only way these crashes won't happen is if you play in OpenGL..

Okay I call bullshit. How does a renderer as bad as OGL get past a possible rendering issue seen in software? SRB2 Doom Builder and Workbench refuse to load up to the issue-

UPDATE: So I extracted the level on its own without the textures or anything that could be causing the error in Zone Builder... I'm having trouble figuring out the issue entirely now that I can load the level.

So could it be a texture crash for software maybe? that's all I can gather from this bug.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

So when you enter the vertical path sector, and then you leave that sector and go into the one in front that, THEN it freezes. So maybe it fails to changed the gravity....? I'm really confused by this. :/

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

UM... I dropped from the modded Bird Aircraft Strike Hazard/Vulture and THIS happened when I switched to Fly Formation? WHAT!?
Cs5IuzMW8AAMLWK.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Also from Zone Builder:
That's because the way the map was saved by SRB2DB isn't supported by Zone Builder. So not a ZB bug.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

So... It looks like the 2 maps will have to be remade in Zone Builder not Doom Builder.

Last edited:
Its more of a request to update these levels (and probably most of the contents in this wad.) It's highly unstable and since there is no actual way to identify the problem and solution for it, we have no choice but to conclude these stages need to be remade for the next possible update.

Doesn't SRB2 generate a crashlog ? Maybe you could check and see what's causing it .
EDIT : The levels load up fine on my ZB .

Last edited:
Ok, 1: we have established that the game suddenly freezes, not crash, therefore it cannot create an error log. and 2: please inform us what version of SRB2's Zone Builder you're using.

That's because the way the map was saved by SRB2DB isn't supported by Zone Builder. So not a ZB bug.

The actual reason:

Um, no. The reason it crashes is because the WAD contains two lumps with the name "LUA_ITEM". Now obviously it's not a good idea to have two Lua lumps with the same name in your WAD, but ZB still shouldn't be crashing when this happens. I'll fix this for the next release. If you want to open sc_heroesv3.wad in the meantime, make yourself a copy of the file and delete one of the LUA_ITEM lumps.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

I tested heroesv3 in ZB 2.5 and it still crashes to the double LUA_ITEM

It should also be noted MT_WARPFX is freeslotted both in one of the Lua scripts AND in the second MAINCFG (is two MAINCFGs a problem for Zone Builder, that said?)

3JFpGpI.png

So I deleted all of my saves, since I was using some other wads. And it still freezes.

Last edited:
I doubt it's a problem to do with saves anyway. I got Duon to check if the freeze happens in OpenGL ...and apparently it doesn't happen there? So he says anyway. That should be a start for our resident coders to figure out the problem at least. =V

I doubt it's a problem to do with saves anyway. I got Duon to check if the freeze happens in OpenGL ...and apparently it doesn't happen there? So he says anyway. That should be a start for our resident coders to figure out the problem at least. =V

Thanks. I finally got past the second level.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back