Help with joining/hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterizman

Well I got a new modem since my old one crashed, but now even though i have internet connection again, its saying failed to connect to master server or master server timeout when i host a game.

When I choose join a game, theres no servers found.

I believe it's because of my new modem, is there anyway to fix this?

I think everyone can't host at the moment.

Seems MS is off or has crashed (or something else) since December 21, 2008, 3:15 pm.

Everyone can still host, I'm hosting a netgame right now, we just have to join via Ip when this happens.

The master server isn't what allows you to join netgames. It just lists netgames that are up. As long as you have a working internet connection, you can join anyone's netgames.

I'm surprised this isn't common knowledge.

I am pretty sure that you don't have to forward your ports to join a game. You only need to do that when you are hosting.

Miraculously after I forwarded my ports after the MS started working again I could join games now. But before I couldn't even when the MS was up because something was messing my connection. It's worth a try.

New problem, I get a consistency failure when joining a server, I check back and its gone. Then when I refresh about 3 times, it has no servers. I check the master server site and there's 10 SERVERS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back