• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Yoshi Races Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I'm gonna finish this outside section then go back and work on things a bit. Reading this has given me a couple ideas for the beginning.

Update: the outside section is no longer part of the level, due to me getting pissed at the slopes and losing my will to work on the map entirely.

Seriously, any more names for this damn hell?

I wouldn't recommend using a swear(damn of course) for a level but eh just an idea. Perhaps Volcanic Hell?

All I can think of is this ancient train wreck: https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=25851

On the actual screenshots shown here, I think it's not about adding scenery as much as it is adding details. The real world doesn't consist of perfectly flat, open areas with nothing in them. You want to add stuff to provide details and make your stage more interesting. More platforms, scenery, and content in general. Good maps take a long time to make, and most of that time is on the little things. I've spent an entire day working on something that took less than 5 seconds to run through in-game.

I'm back! ...and still without a life. I would've worked on this more often, but meh, laziness can be bitch when you want something done.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

On another note, when this zone is done, I'm going back and replacing Beach Caverns with something new, which I'll start thinking about when this zone is complete. Suggestions are welcome for what type of level I should replace it with. (Just not water-themed)

Attachments

• srb20030.gif
    srb20030.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 398
  • srb20031.gif
    srb20031.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 413
  • srb20032.gif
    srb20032.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 413
  • srb20035.gif
    srb20035.gif
    3.1 MB · Views: 429
  • srb20036.gif
    srb20036.gif
    7.8 MB · Views: 424
  • srb20037.gif
    srb20037.gif
    7.5 MB · Views: 426
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back