Yet Another 2.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Techno Hill zone use Turtle Shell as ground enemies are the Red Crawla going to be removed from the game? It will be nice to put them in GFZ2.

Yes, they were removed from the game. I don't think replacing blue Crawlas with the red ones on GFZ2 would be nice because of the difficulty curve. Green Flower Zone is supposed to be easy as it's the first level. Aside of that, THZ has a second Spring Shell badnik recolor, just like it was in 2.0 with the Crawla.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the Red Crawlas will be kept in the game for backwards-compatibility with older maps, even if they are no longer used in the single-player campaign. I could be wrong, though.

It'd be nice to see Red Crawlas in GFZ2. Not many of them, maybe only three across the map (one inside the fenced-off area, one with the Blue Crawlas before the final cave, the last somewhere else). It'd provide a little bit extra variety between the Acts.

Red Crawlas aren't that threatening, even early on, so my little finger's telling me that we're bound to find Red Crawlas in GF2.

Yes, they were removed from the game. I don't think replacing blue Crawlas with the red ones on GFZ2 would be nice because of the difficulty curve. Green Flower Zone is supposed to be easy as it's the first level. Aside of that, THZ has a second Spring Shell badnik recolor, just like it was in 2.0 with the Crawla.
I dont want all the blue crawlas to be replaced with red one i only want some red crawlas in the zone maybe 5 or more in the final sections of the level.
If i am right you mean that there will be faster spring shell with a different color in the zone?

The red crawla should come back later in the game with the ability to actually shoot at a player, because that cannon seems to be there for nothing. :I

Everything else, fine, but the turtle shell enemy will probably just become what the crawlas already are; overused enemies. I heard something about RVZ enemies, but that's not really enough. Not saying that I can fix this myself, but eh.

Just my personal viewpoint. Unless you've already completely fixed that problem already and I just haven't noticed a post of you saying that. If so, shoot me. c:

Yes, they were removed from the game. I don't think replacing blue Crawlas with the red ones on GFZ2 would be nice because of the difficulty curve..

Remember that in earlier versions of Srb2, GFZ used to have both blue and red crawlas in a level. They most likely will revert to that.

Remember that in earlier versions of Srb2, GFZ used to have both blue and red crawlas in a level.

I remember that, but earlier versions of SRB2 had both kind of Crawlas only if you play it on the difficult modes, which were deleted in 2.0. Try for example, play SRB2 1.09.4 in the Normal mode and you will find none of them.

I remember that, but earlier versions of SRB2 had both kind of Crawlas only if you play it on the difficult modes, which were deleted in 2.0. Try for example, play SRB2 1.09.4 in the Normal mode and you will find none of them.

You refer to the levels of enemies as easy, normal, hard, expert, that in expert mode the blue crawlas were replaced by the Reds that are faster and smarter.

As me I have not seen these modes in the 2.0.

Personally, I don't really care about 2.1 excluding Red Crawlas. They can be easily SOCed if someone really wants Red Crawlas in their .wad.

The red crawla should come back later in the game with the ability to actually shoot at a player, because that cannon seems to be there for nothing. :I

I agree that the crawla should have some kind of projectile. At least the red crawla. It's not THAT fast compared to the blue Crawla. Really, not much of a difficulty change.

Still no reason to not implement them now. PLUS, 2.0 still has ultimate mode. =P

Personally, I don't really care about 2.1 excluding Red Crawlas. They can be easily SOCed if someone really wants Red Crawlas in their .wad.

What if you do not know how to SOC? How would you use them. They should be kept just to define another theme of a game. Not only does it give a perspective that the game is getting harder, it just looks nice.

What if you do not know how to SOC? How would you use them.
I think someone will make a .soc and put it under the Miscellaneous section of Releases as a resource to use for other mods. Or if a .wad already has the Red Crawla you can ask them if you can use the soc for your own project and then you can copy and paste the code into your own work (once they say yes) and credit them where ever under the Release Section or in the Credits of the project.

I don't see Crawlas with projectiles working too well unless they were short-range and fired straight forward instead of at the target. Otherwise, the result would be something akin to gluing tank treads to a Robo-Hood.

I agree that the crawla should have some kind of projectile. At least the red crawla. It's not THAT fast compared to the blue Crawla. Really, not much of a difficulty change.

That remembered me of "SA-SRB2" a 1.08 - 1.09.4 mod that added into the Red Crawla, "projectiles". Sadly it was bad... as it made the Homing Attack (which I don't like too much neither), practically useless and not to mention you had to be faster as hell, and also remember not everyone uses Sonic, I use him almost every time, not to say always. If someone used Tails probably noticed how his flight was entirely useless, and yes I'm aware if they kept it, they wouldn't do in that way of targeting directly to the player but eh, still would be weird see that difficulty level change. So, I don't agree with this idea, unless another ability is used, which I doubt really it would happen.

Still no reason to not implement them now. PLUS, 2.0 still has ultimate mode. =P

To me it is somewhat reason, I mean I think if the Normal Mode had the Blue Crawla was because it was the real challenge so to speak, at least for me and look, that is the way as they kept it in 2.0, even. Furthermore, I wouldn't count the Ultimate Mode because well, it's "hidden" and that made me took it like a joke, perhaps if it would be visible... Also I don't find the point of placing them on something that I'm sure not many people play anyway.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone wants missile-firing Crawlas. But having them occasionally stop and spit out a tiny pebble might be cute.

But having them occasionally stop and spit out a tiny pebble might be cute.

That's how I thought Crawlas worked when I first played SRB2 back in '08. Especially the way they looked back in the 1.0.X days. I have had ideas on making an enemy that looks like a Crawla but it's stationary and doesn't move but shoots a projectile at the player when in distance.

I'd just like crawlas to be an actual interesting enemy. It's so slow and so non-threatening, its embarrassing to call it one. Not even motobug was that slow in comparison to Sonic's speed. Its practically a joke, a representation of the faith the game designers have in the new players.

Blue crawlas being as pathetic as they are is fine, since it is introducing a 3D environment and the player needs to get used to the controls. But something should probably done to better segue enemy layouts from the first two zones into the rest of the game in a way that makes sense. It's a little jarring that the first three levels are over-populated with basically filler content enemies, yet they stop showing up entirely once you reach THZII.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back