Secondary and highly unstable Master Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may/may not still be played. I haven't in a while. But if you read the discussion page...

SRB2 Wiki said:
FuriousFox said:
I still kinda think that the "Other Gametypes" section just seems to be free advertising of sorts. I mean, Hide and Seek is the same thing as Tag, and Dive to your Doom is just Match. Also add to the fact that there's only one level (that I know of) for each of these "gametypes", which in my opinion is no where near enough to warrant its own section in the Gametypes section. It seems to me like people are just putting them there to advertise those wads. I wouldn't mind the information being in the articles about the wads, but I really don't think they belong in the Gametypes section. That section should be limited to gametypes supported by SRB2, not these "invented gametypes". -FuriousFox

Mystic said:
The original reasoning is that both of those modes were rather popular for a period of time. Hide and Seek is allowed on the master server as a legitimate way to play, and Diving mode was almost added into SRB2 itself around Demo 3-4, if I recall. It's not "free advertising" as much as a history of what people made up to do in SRB2. -Mystic 22:49, 27 March 2007 (PDT)

Dark Warrior said:
Exactly. Basically, if it's a legitimate & legal gametype on the master server that caught on for even a short amount of time, it gets added here, if for nothing else than historical purposes. There's no point in being picky about what goes here as long as it's legal and an explanation as to how the game is played is given. ~DarkWarrior

Last time I make semi-joke wads on the request of Spazzo. And to think you all up and forget about my amazing ones like Crystal Dimension and Terrace Tussle and Basilica Battleground (why is it my favorite of the maps I've made are CTF?) and DtyD gets mentioned to this day *sigh*.

I could always make more maps like it. Not like it was hard or anything.

Maps for a specific gametype come and go. Dive to your doom is still remembered because it was a unique level. It sported different gameplay, and that's why it's remembered.

Hikari-Togomei said:
FoxBlitzz: Mmm, well, for some reason, mIRC doesn't print the non-ASCII properly, despite having the lastest version on my computer.

Options > IRC > Messages > Multibyte display, Multibyte editbox, UTF-8 display.

Observe this Kanji in mIRC:

EastAsianTextOnIRC.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back