• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Side view thingy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuffle

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Well I was sitting around (bored) one day so I thought up a crazy idea "What if there was a side view or something in a wad editing utility?" At first it seemed kinda usless, but it may be useful for making 2D levels because you would be able to see the level from the side. I think that there would be 2 view, a overhead (like there always is) and a side. On the side view, you would set the cieling and floor hight by moving the linedef. I was just wondering if making something like this would be possible.

If you don't get what I mean, then I have a photoshopped picture ^_^
http://home.comcast.net/~mlmars/images/yeah.jpg

On the side view, The hight of the sector is 608 (as you can see in the picture)
(BTW I couldn't decide if I should put this in editing or Off topic, so it ended up here, sorry if it's in the wrong spot x.x)

Good idea. But, there would be a bug.

What if you moved the linedef to the side to make a parallelogram?
You know that SRB2 doesn't allow slopes.

Then nothing would happen to the top view.
It's only the height data within the sector that changes.

It wouldn't be a slope anyway. You'd move one linedef, but it would move the whole sector down, like so:

____________<

move one down:

----------------

____________<

It all goes down.

It would probably be set up so you can't move vertexes to make the Horizontal linedefs slanted.. or it would somehow automatically make the sector into stairs or something when you slant a linedef in the side view? o.o

What I meant was that when you adjusted one of the side view linedefs, you'd adjust the height of the whole sector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back