• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Finally I'm making my first Map But there's a Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTE2

It has a Thok Barrier...fun but annoying so how do I get rid of it?

Edit: I still have the Thok Barriers but now Wad Author keeps saying: The save Operation has failed...How do I fix it? x_x'

How exactly is a thok barrier "fun but annoying"? It's something you need to have to make levels work properly, not something that can be fun or not fun.

"Save operation failed" at this point probably means you messed up somehow. I'd have to see the wad to tell you how, of course.

Save operation failed is WA being a piece of crap, actually. I've found that the internal nodesbuilder can do it as well as not closing the level before zennoding it. Has nothing to do with whether JTE2 did something correct or not.

To avoid it, turn off the internal nodesbuilder and only use Zennode after you've done a File - Close on the map first.

On larger levels, yes, it is WA being a piece of crap. For someone who's just starting out, and likely making small maps, I've found that it almost certainly means linedef problems and/or unclosed sectors. Don't confuse people who are new to mapmaking telling them all about nodesbuilders; it's not something they should have to think about so soon.

I've had it happen on maps of any size, actually. It's more likely on larger maps, I'll admit, but it happens on smaller maps as well. I find complexity seems to have more to do with it than size, really.

Forget the Save operation failed part...and I just realised that my level Does NOT have Thok Barriers...>_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back