SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 12-14-2016   #5461
toaster
トースタちゃん

I'll note that the reason we don't have skidding and pushing animations - aside from the amount of spritework required to make them exist - is because you can move in directions you're not facing (thanks to the strafe keys). This means your skid would look weird if it was anything like the skid pose in the classics, and you'd be holding your hands out in front of you whilst bumping up against an object to your side. (We already have objects that can be pushed, by the way - they're called Gargoyles, and you can find them in Deep Sea Zone.)

The other ones you've mentioned just kind of sound redundant, honestly, but you could add them yourself with Lua in current and future versions.
Old 12-14-2016   #5462
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

If speed up by any horizontal type of speed booster (Sector based, Horizontal Spring, CPZ style speed booster) the player should have a longer cool down for slowing back down to the max speed. If the player has let go of the controls, the cool down should be at least 1.5 times as long compared to if they haven't.

Possible cool down to max I can think of:
With controls in use: 1-2 seconds
Controls let go: 1.5-3 seconds
Old 12-14-2016   #5463
Unknownlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I'll note that the reason we don't have skidding and pushing animations - aside from the amount of spritework required to make them exist - is because you can move in directions you're not facing (thanks to the strafe keys).
Mystic has previously mentioned that he's testing having Sonic's sprite always face the way you strafe (presumably you would never see the "backing up" animation either). If that's added to the game, revising the skid sprites may be worthwhile.
Unknownlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016   #5464
Lilac

Can we have a speedcap like sonic 2 and 3? If you don't get what I'm saying, I'm talking about what happens in a sonic game when you run down a slope, you get faster. Not continue to run on it normally. I know you can do this speed trick with the spindash, but what about running?
Lilac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016   #5465
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

We kinda have it already, just not to the extent you're saying it should be. (Make an Ice slope)
Old 12-20-2016   #5466
TheCreeperDemon

Could there be a Sonic Adventure Perfect Chaos battle?

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

And maybe each character could have there own story like in Sonic Adventure and Sonic And Knuckles.
TheCreeperDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016   #5467
KnuxIsAwesome

I was thinking of mixing the music of AGZ
KnuxIsAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017   #5468
Boo
Narcissist with a Temper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreeperDemon View Post
Could there be a Sonic Adventure Perfect Chaos battle?

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

And maybe each character could have there own story like in Sonic Adventure and Sonic And Knuckles.
I suggest(Not the perfect Chaos Battle from Sonic Adventure) making each character go to their own levels or each side of the level example:

If i was a developer i would make:

Deep Sea Act 1(TS:Tails Side)

Instead of making the only thing diferent about them is their stats and abillities.

But im not sure if this suggestion would be good because:

Consequences:

.The Story will sound weird.

.To make the story less weird each level will need cutscenes that way.
And that will not work well in srb2 right?

So about the whole story Idea will be a bad Idea.

Last edited by Boo; 01-07-2017 at 04:03 PM.
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017   #5469
Ezer.Arch
ArchPack developer

Allow camera keybind during a PLAYDEMO? For something like video example 1 and video example 2.

That was possible in some 2.0.x versions, but now my only resort is creating a timeline file (using WAIT [TICS]) but it takes forever to make.

Last edited by Ezer.Arch; 01-11-2017 at 06:57 AM. Reason: an example of a timeline file
Ezer.Arch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017   #5470
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

How about some way to mod Ring weapons via SOCs, was experimenting with those and realized it isn't possible.
Old 01-12-2017   #5471
frozenLake

Here is another modding feature suggestion for SRB2.

Allow for mod creators to use Boom's C_START and C_END lumps in their wads to define custom colormaps, which could be used as a texture instead of the current hex value method, which would be able to result in much more spread out effects, such as gradients with more than two points.
frozenLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017   #5472
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Funnily enough, I think that might have actually been a feature in SRB2 once actually (could be wrong). I know one function in r_data.c still refers to C_START/C_END, but I don't think they have much effect in-game because of the colormap linedef special. It may be just a matter of adding the support to said linedef, maybe.

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017   #5473
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

Out of curiosity, why is the 2.0 GFZ still kept in the srb2.srb.
Old 01-19-2017   #5474
toaster
トースタちゃん

There was an old WAD editor that liked complaining when there were zero maps in the IWAD, but I believe Mystic (who is generally one of the last holdouts on everything) stopped using it thanks to moving to a new PC (or hard drive? I forget what exactly) so we could probably drop it.

(But it's not something that matters enough to actively go out of our way to change, I guess.)
Old 01-19-2017   #5475
Simon_T
Pyro the Hedgehog

Give Knuckles his OVA hat
Simon_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017   #5476
Monster psychic cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_T View Post
Give Knuckles his OVA hat
http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=39049
Monster psychic cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017   #5477
FuriousFox
AKA FuriousFox
Developer

A few things I'd like to see to make gamepad support easier:

A way to access the main menu by using the gamepad (maybe allow users to assign a key for Main Menu under Misc Controls?)

A way to back out of menus by using the gamepad (Currently, A and X on my 360 controller both act as OK buttons. A is Jump, X is Spin. I feel like A should be OK, and X or B should be Back. Maybe it could be set up so that the Jump key advances, and Spin key backs out of a menu?)

Enable Analog mode by default when using a gamepad

Face the camera the same direction as the player when spawning when using Analog mode

Allow the player to turn the camera with an analog stick

Last edited by FuriousFox; 01-21-2017 at 09:15 PM.
FuriousFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017   #5478
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousFox View Post
A few things I'd like to see to make gamepad support easier:

A way to access the main menu by using the gamepad (maybe allow users to assign a key for Main Menu under Misc Controls?)

A way to back out of menus by using the gamepad (Currently, A and X on my 360 controller both act as OK buttons. A is Jump, X is Spin. I feel like A should be OK, and X or B should be Back. Maybe it could be set up so that the Jump key advances, and Spin key backs out of a menu?)
You can relax a little about the menu-related things I quoted. I have worked on making all menu controls customizable in general (specifically for the sake of gamepads, but of course it works with keyboard/mice too), and it works really well (outdated video)... but it's a "big" menu change, so it's not going in 2.1.X. But I'll do my best to update it quickly and submit it for vanilla inclusion again once 2.2 arrives.
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017   #5479
LuisTh

A option to change super sonic's color
Old 01-28-2017   #5480
LuisTh

A desert map for match