Bans on Dedicated Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceMagic

"MoonNumberLetter is here!"
Alright, so I was testing bans on a dedicated server. First, I banned myself. I was still banned until I closed the server, then I was able to join once I re-hosted the server. The ban.txt didn't update.

I thought this had something to do with me being unable to be banned, but then I tested it with a friend. Like me, they were banned until I re-hosted the server. They were able to join afterwards, and again the ban.txt didn't update.

Then I tested it with a non-dedicated server, and I banned them. The ban.txt updated after I closed the server, and once I went back to a dedicated server, they were still banned. I did clearbans to unban them, and ban.txt became empty.

What I'm trying to ask is, why does ban.txt only update on non-dedicated servers? Can anyone help me with this problem?

Last edited:
Could be a bug we weren't aware of, most likely. Unless this doesn't happen for other people who host dedicated servers, that is.

Thanks for the help. I just found that clearbans won't update on dedicated servers either if someone is already banned from a non-dedicated server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back