Port forwarding SRB2 Masterserver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I try to host on my master server the server gets unlisted from the master server after a few moments. I don't know how to port forward a master server. By the way, my master server is for 1.09.4. I tried to port forward my master server port using both tcp and udp. My master server port is 6457. Well, I'm not going to put the default master server port, because it is pretty obvious.

I don't know how to port forward a master server.

I'm no expert on master servers, but I'm certain there's a little more to it than a little port forwarding.

By the way, my master server is for 1.09.4.

Why downgrade? You can do so much less with 1.09.4. Why not do everything you can't do in 2.1 but could in 1.09.4 (if there is any) in Lua?

Why do you even need another master server? It looks like everything you're trying to do with your Hangout mod could just be done with a couple addons hosted in the Causal room!

I'm no expert on master servers, but I'm certain there's a little more to it than a little port forwarding.

Why downgrade? You can do so much less with 1.09.4. Why not do everything you can't do in 2.1 but could in 1.09.4 (if there is any) in Lua?

Why do you even need another master server? It looks like everything you're trying to do with your Hangout mod could just be done with a couple addons hosted in the Causal room!

The reason I'm doing 1.09.4 is that I can't seem to compile the master server for 2.0.5 and above. All I know is that you need a certain version of mysql. I just don't know which version you need to compile the master server for 2.0.5 and above. Why do I want to make a master server? So I can use it if the official master server goes down forever and also for testing my source code mods privately. Mysql is really confusing.

Last edited:
Fair enough, but still. Couldn't you just not broadcast it to the master server and just tell people when you're online?

I'm done.

Never mind. This master server code is just screwing with my head. It just makes me want to face palm. -_- I will just test it on casual so I don't have to screw with mysql until I can successfully compile the master server for 2.0.5 and above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back