Trying to put in new models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antwonious

A cool sonic artist
I'm trying to put in new models I can play as, but the thing is I have no Idea how to add them into the game. I tried typing in the console "addfile md2.dat", but that's coming up as "couldn't load file: must be IWAD or PWAD format. Can someone please help me

I'm trying to put in new models I can play as, but the thing is I have no Idea how to add them into the game. I tried typing in the console "addfile md2.dat", but that's coming up as "couldn't load file: must be IWAD or PWAD format. Can someone please help me

First off...

1) Are you using OpenGL? That is the only rendering mode currently able to support models.

2) You do not add the md2.dat file, all you do is type "GR_MD2 ON" in the console.

3) Further info can be found here.

First off...

1) Are you using OpenGL? That is the only rendering mode currently able to support models.

2) You do not add the md2.dat file, all you do is type "GR_MD2 ON" in the console.

3) Further info can be found here.

What he means is are you using something like the SRB2NetLauncher (also 2.0.6 I think is quite good for OGL) because you need the NetLauncher.
If you just open up SRB2 and type GR_MD2 on it wont work and you dont add MD2.dat.
Here is the NetLauncher if you need it: http://mystic.sepwich.com/srb2wad/launcher.html

Step 1: Open up the SRB2NetLauncher.

Step 2: Under Main Options check the box that says OpenGL Mode.

Step 3: Click the run button.

Step 4: When your game starts type in the console GR_MD2 ON (or GR_MD2 1) and play your game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back