3d models in srb2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
EvilCowSlayer said:
Mine can handle anything you throw at it. Hell, if it can handle Doom 3 Ultra 1024x768 4x anti-aliasing I think a few high-poly 3D models aren't a problem.

I'm crossing the line into bragging. :roll:
Mine can run halo:
Campaign-1-10fps
multiplayer-1-30fps

brianv said:
Campaign-1-10fps
Wow. Even my old integrated POS was running faster than that. Admittedly, that was partly because I had no grass texture (seriously, it was just hills of gradients instead), but still.

Shadow Hog said:
brianv said:
Campaign-1-10fps
Wow. Even my old integrated POS was running faster than that. Admittedly, that was partly because I had no grass texture (seriously, it was just hills of gradients instead), but still.
I have all the textures and stuff(and colored master chiefs), but no reflections in anything. And the computer my brother just got today, the average FPS for it is about 30, and hs has no 'good' textures, and just plain white master chiefs).

EvilCowSlayer said:
Mine can handle anything you throw at it. Hell, if it can handle Doom 3 Ultra 1024x768 4x anti-aliasing I think a few high-poly 3D models aren't a problem.

You ever used Tenebrae with those settings?

brianv said:
EvilCowSlayer said:

Mine can run halo:
Campaign-1-10fps
multiplayer-1-30fps
Ok, I just got rid of a spware, and things are going much faster now. I used to have the game running 640x480(settings with medium) with the info about my fps above. Now, I have it 800x600 with everything on high and it never goes below 15fps. I didn't try campaign mode yet.

That's wierd, my campaign runs at about 2x the speed that my mult-player fps runs at, I'm no expert but I would say about... 20-30 fps on 1P and about 10-20 on Multi-player. :| ... Yes I am a n00b...

Hey brianv, be glad you actually have a laptop that can RUN Halo. My PC doesn't even handle Quake 2 OpenGL at full speed

Yeah, a bit of wrong timing, but anyway...

If I could get some documentation on MD2 model support for later purposes, and maybe a Sonic/Tails MD2 model?

I am NO modeler, or artist of that kind.

I'd definetely make character wads if I could do models instead of sprites. IMO, it would be a hell of a lot easier for me, seeing as I've had practice using the Magic Pengel and Graffiti Kingdom drawing systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back