Sonic Runners - A story-based Rayman clone

Status
Not open for further replies.
This imo kills the fun, and diminishes the replay value.

This doesn't only kill the fun but the game itself.
While I thought the Sonic 2006 loading screens were just some things the beta had because of the fact that the game was uncomplete, I'm not really surprised to see they're still here. I haven't downloaded this yet, firstly because I don't have my phone near me... And I've read some reviews (including the one Cobalt sent us), with often the same things:

-Ads
-Sonic 2006 loading screens
-Pointless roulette
-The game wanting you to spend money, like, badly.
-LIVES WTF?!
-did I mention ads
-also loading screens
-and ads.
-I forgot about loading screens, right?
-adBlock plus needs to be a thing on the phone.

Aside of all of that bullshit, I remember still having some fun with the beta/demo or whatever you wanna call it for the fact that it's simple and it did well what it was trying to do, the "level design" (if we can call it like that) isn't bad, and I have to admit I like the artstyle of the game as well.

@larztard The fact that you even suggested moving closer to the router is laughable. Going back to the example of Dokkan Battle, another free mobile game, it updates in as little as under a minute, and has no errors in doing so. Sonic Runners always messes up in some aspect when updating. Even if it downloads at a normal pace, it may download improperly and render the game broken.

Also, score to advance isn't a bad idea, but when you get to rank 60 and need over 2 million score to barely make it to the first mark it can get annoying. The average score for a player (from what I assume) is 700,000, judging by how that is the average score on the runners league, so 700,000 x 3 = 2,100,000. Basically if you are a good player and get 700,000 each time you play, you could make the first mark in one revive cycle. Then you can't play anymore unless you wait some 25 minutes to get 1 revive token, or buy revive tokens. Leading back to the convo of the game bleeding you of resources, whether they be ingame currency or real life currency (which go hand in hand).

And I don't know about you, but I don't check the clock every 20 minutes to see when I could play again. What I used to do was check runners from time to time and see how much tokens I had, and eventually I just lost interest, because really this was just ridiculous. I'd rather play a fair game that I know I could play whenever I want, while also enjoying in instead of checking the game app to see if I could play it and possibly get little joy from it by doing small advances.

Edit: I do admit the game was fun at first, but later on the negatives out weigh the positives.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm with TheDoctor on this one. I had played it for a bit and it was fun, but eventually it got to the point where - in the instances I DID decide to play - I could only play for a little bit before the game locked me out. Originally the progression was enough so that I'd at least feel a little bit of accomplishment at times (even if the game can be a bit cheap with it's hazards), but later on it just killed my will to play, knowing that nothing was really getting done in the rarer and rarer instances I decided to pick up the game.

Ah Sonic Runners. I remember playing that while I was on my way to Florida. It only lasted for a day.

Granted I'm not saying its bad, it just did not hold my interest for longer than a week.

I liked this game in the beginning before worldwide release but now I find it awful after worldwide release. It takes 2 minutes exact to load the game up. They increased the amount of rings needed to level up a Sonic character to level 100 from 3,905,000 rings to 5,857,500 rings total. I only occasionally play this game since the fun no longer there. They force you to play video ads when you not use video ad revive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back