Metroid: The Other M

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it how Samus has nearly every weapon power-up in the beginning in the game. Though, she needs to be authorized to use these weapon power-ups as the game progresses.

Oh well, I suppose it's better than having to search around every single sector for the power-up you're looking for; whereas in this case, you get to use them when the time is right.

I actually think that starting out with everything was a neat idea. Beats losing them all at the start of all the other games for some unexplainable reason. :P

Ridley was damned adorable as a baby. Why couldn't he have stayed so fluffy? He'd make for a less irritating boss.

Other M takes place after SM so he didn't die for good.
Unless Other M Ridley is a clone too. Meybe the same one that was frozen in BSL.
Read Tengu's spoiler would you kindly :3

It's confirmed that this Ridley in Other M was cloned from his DNA but started out in a Larva furry state. The same damaged body was then recovered and then seen in Fusion until re-animated by the X until defeated permanently by Samus... thank GOD!

I think a lot of people feel this way about this whole "Authorization" thing.

I guess =*Spoilers*= are in the link. If you know what to look for.

Last edited:
Needing authorization is a pretty good excuse. I still think it's stupid, though. The story is passable, but it's annoying how there's a lot of cutscenes simply because Samus keeps having flashbacks. It's like Shadow the Hedgehog having Maria flashbacks randomly.

Being able to dodge an attack with good timing? Just like many other games, I found an exploit. Just randomly press the directional pad in any direction when close to an enemy, and you'll likely dodge it.

Having to point at the screen to look for clues doesn't seem that bad to me. I'm truly amazed at how easier it is to get the pointer into the screen when compared to Super Paper Mario. Usually you're constantly pointing the Wiimote up and down, and side to side. Eventually you see it in a corner. But in Other M, I'm able to run to my objective, quickly point charge and shoot, and continue on with the action. I actually love doing that. Scanning... not so much.

The game itself is awesome. I like the 2D games, and if Prime weren't ever made, this would look like your typical 2D to 3D game. The new Energy Tank/Missle Expansion jingle is completely random, as it doesn't say "Metroid". It's like taking away Zelda's "puzzle finished" jingle.

Why is the kickass, female rights toting warrior of space now kissing ass to some douchebag who is apparently important in this and being ruined with over the top feminine qualities while you have no backtracking whatsoever in linear gameplay you struggle through with a bad auto aim system?

Anyone else 100%'d this game yet?

Anyways, this game is just simply awesome. It's pretty much what a 2d metroid fusion would be like, even though i never played fusion. Quite a few bosses were a surprise to me, especially
Phantoon and Nightmare
. One of my only complaints is simply how abruptly the game ends. There's some post-game stuff so you can get the rest of the items and stuff. Sadly, beating the game actually
reveals the location of every single item on you map, which really disappointed me as i was expecting to have to check everywhere, only to have them all revealed to me
. The game is pretty hard at times even with the dodging mechanic, I think I actually died to
Ridley
like 20 times. At most other times, it's incredibly easy. The final boss isn't too hard for some bizarre reason.

Power Bomb Doors in this game are fucking evil and they should never have been invented. You will learn to despise them with more hatred than anything. I'm not even going to try Hard Mode due to them.

It's pretty much what a 2d metroid fusion would be like, even though i never played fusion.

Metroid fusion was 2d. just like all the handheld titles besides hunters. did you mean its like a 2d metroid prime?

Last edited:
I agree with Greg, though not with his wording. They screwed up Samus's character.

Because Samus is alone in all of her other games, we assume that she's enduring the challenges every time because she has a will of steel and a strong sense of duty and justice. Team Ninja gave her insecurities and character defects, which could have been fine. They just heaped on too much, so now Samus isn't a likable character any more.

Why is the kickass, female rights toting warrior of space now kissing ass to some douchebag who is apparently important in this and being ruined with over the top feminine qualities while you have no backtracking whatsoever in linear gameplay you struggle through with a bad auto aim system?
Simple. It sells.

So I got the game and I've beaten it in at my friends house. (And pretty much spoiled the ending for him. >_>, Didn't matter, he later told me he watched videos of it anyway.)

However, it wasn't 100%, so yea, Item hunting time.

The game itself isn't bad, but auto aiming kinda just takes away the challenge, at least for me, but not to the point where it's bad.

I think I pretty much died on some bosses a few times, mainly because I was figuring out what to do in order to kill the boss.
Ridley: Was trying to figure out how to make the room light up, then I find the magma door, and then I died.

Metroid Queen: I figure that laying a Bomb inside her was the way to kill her during one part, however... that didn't work, and ended up dying. Later I tried using the Power Bomb knowing that it wasn't unlocked, then... it worked. >_>

Phantoon: This Boss has quite alot of health, however I noticed that Normal shots do the same amount of damage to him as a Charged shot, I mostly ended up firing missiles at him, and was the point where I was suppose to charge up and fire gunpoint in it's eye, but instead, I choose to recover as I was in the red, and that didn't work out as I got hit as soon as I was near recovery, and died.

Power Bomb Doors, all I can say is, be ready for them...
You get attacked by a Shell Bug-like Alien after you Power Bomb the Doors, they take away quite alot of energy when you get hit by them, just blast it with charge shots and keep dodging. Once it on the ground all tired out, charge up, and go towards it and blast away it's face, thus killing it. You can tell how close you are from wearing it down/killing it by looking at it's shell, it changes from white to a orange like color. (If your health drops in the red, don't even bother with recovering, you won't get the chance.)

Last edited:
I agree with Greg, though not with his wording. They screwed up Samus's character.

Because Samus is alone in all of her other games, we assume that she's enduring the challenges every time because she has a will of steel and a strong sense of duty and justice. Team Ninja gave her insecurities and character defects, which could have been fine... They just heaped on too much, so now Samus isn't a likable character any more

True but people as usual are being too sensitive on the matter of her given personality. Honestly a given personality shouldn't be the main cause of destroying character development that has been respected since 88. In general it's fine, but like you said they just overdid it for the atmosphere in some moments.
Her last meeting with Adam was an exception mainly because the one person who could really understand her was throwing his life away,
though the whole Ridley encounter could of been less dramatic though...

Last edited:
Overall I liked this game. I enjoyed the gameplay a lot but the voice acting really bugs me to death. (from start to end)

Although a bit awkward at first, the fact that the game controls like Super Metroid or Metroid Fusion in 3D really appealed to me. Also, being able to finish off enemies by jumping on them and applying a fully charged arm cannon to the back of their skull? YES.

Had no idea that little fuzzy thing was going to be Ridley. I thought it was going to be some fuzzy bastardized Metroid clone thing, or a mutated Etecoon. I only started getting inklings of what it would be when I made the mental connection of "that slightly fuzzy lizard thing trying to stab my head earlier hatched from the little fuzzy thing."

Nightmare as a boss? WHOO. Didn't expect him even after the reverse/double gravity bits. High gravity was pretty cool though. *TROMPTROMPTROMPTROMP*

Phantoon. Awesome. ...must be some sort of Eldritch Abomination not caring about our concept of time if his ghost appeared BEFORE he died...

However...

FUCK THE METROID QUEEN. FUCK IT.

"Alright, let's do--- oh shit a Metroid"
*RAPED BY METROID*
"Hah, froze you, now suck Miss-"
*DE-ICING STOMP*
"Dammit, now I--- oh shit MORE Metroids"
*GANGRAPED BY METROIDS*
"ARGH."
*GANGRAPED BY METROIDS*
*GANGRAPED BY METROIDS*
*GANGRAPED BY METROIDS*
*GANGRAPED BY METROIDS*
"Alright, now I've got this one frozen and the others are on the OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM, now SUCK MI-"
*SIMULTANEOUS GANGRAPE AND DE-ICING STOMP*
"FFFFFFFFF-"

And NO indication that powerbombs are activated. :(

Next time I play the game I'm going to have to actually search for upgrades more, seeing as how part of the difficulty I had with the Queen was due to only having found 5 Energy Tanks. how is this game even possible in Hard Mode

Finished it with 100% a few days ago. It's a great game, and now that I've played it, I get to start a new game in Metroid Fusion for the first time.

Not being told you had the power bomb was a stupid mistake on the developer's side. I instantly figured out I had to give it a try after the normal bombs didn't work and I somehow 'died'. And as for the final boss, that was too easy. I just kept firing super missiles at it. The real challenge I had were with those two super bugs you had to fight before meeting Phantoon.

Will I play it again? Yeah. It'll be just as fun as replaying Zero Mission.

Metriod Zero Mission is a fun game. Easy as well. Heck it's so easy my 4 year old brother can beat it on Normal Mode. As for Metriod Other M I still need to buy it. I know I will enjoy the game very much.

So they basically made a Ninja Gaiden game with Samus in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back