[Open Assets] Virtual's MD2 Parade - Sonic 2006 travels to Srb2!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
SA2ComingSoon.png

My gawd you know what this means.

I've been waiting to see someone make one without crappy ani-

I'm sure your animations will be better than my shitty ones.

Oh, okay.

Right now I am having a sooooo big ragequit with the UV's of the SA2 Sonic model, they're just all screwed up in the texture. It will take a bit long for the release.

Right now I am having a sooooo big ragequit with the UV's of the SA2 Sonic model, they're just all screwed up in the texture. It will take a bit long for the release.

Well, where did you get the model from? Maybe another site can get you the model with the proper texture coordinations. I had the same problem with the Sonic Jam model when I extracted it from the sonic adventure files, had to remake the UV map thingies from the very start, and from scratch :(.

Also, the polycount and verts limit of Srb2 is not enough to render the '06 model sadly. TheDoctor is working on a reduced poly version (i hope :PPPPP).

I think new versions of 2.1 (from 2.1.8 on up??) have the poly count increased. Maybe a dev can chime in here to confirm.

I think new versions of 2.1 (from 2.1.8 on up??) have the poly count increased. Maybe a dev can chime in here to confirm.

It is doubled, but even with the doubled poly count 06 is too high. Funny though, the Sonic Colors is low triangle and low vert enough for it to work perfectly without decimation.

I myself can confirm this, so can virt, and VisualBraids since we all made Sonic Colors md2s.

Last edited:
VISUALBRAIDS.

TheDoctorDoesn'tKnows : You got too far this time. 1 time, atleast one get to Skype, and show me dat thingy of the 06.

SSNTails: Well I don't know what triangles means in srb2 but, from what I know is that the 06 model has 4775 VertexCount and 7514 FaceCount.

#define MD2_MAX_TRIANGLES 8192
#define MD2_MAX_VERTICES 4096
And I guess this is not enough :P.

TheDoctorDoesn'tKnows : You got too far this time. 1 time, atleast one get to Skype, and show me dat thingy of the 06.

SSNTails: Well I don't know what triangles means in srb2 but, from what I know is that the 06 model has 4775 VertexCount and 7514 FaceCount.

And I guess this is not enough :P.

Well VikingBlast, I am not at my laptop right now, and I am nowhere near a source of Internet. I do have access on weekends however. I will show it to you either late Friday or saturday (which might be the day that I also submit Glyphic Canyon into submissions).

Also, wasn't the limit doubled? As in times 2? If so, wasn't the old triangle/face/polygon count 4096? I remember this because that was the same number as the default ceiling height in db. If it was doubled, it would be 8192, not 7514.

Perfectly decimated it. I even compared the original to the decimated, and only a tiny noticeable things showed up, but these things will not make a big difference when the skeleton will be applied to it, or if frames are made for it. (The only difference was the position of the thumb :p.). You will get the model on saturday...If you answer this question:
What's 8 * 5?

(Also side note, I also perfectly decimated that sonic Boom model my friend made :3 expect a release soon)

I said he needed to answer it >:(. New question; what's 5 * 8?

It's 40? lel it's just the first question backwards. Anyways, I gave you the model even with animations so it belongs to me :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Last edited:
It's 40? lel it's just the first question backwards. Anyways, I gave you the model even with animations so it belongs to me :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Nooo, you didn't give me anything :(. I got the model from themodelsresource. All you will need to do is apply the skeleton & do magic.

yes, and later i'll have to export it to fragmotion, make all the skeleton again, which is a hell of a work to do, and make all the animations again. I thought I sent you the model with the animations. You'll have to make all the work again with the model I have :P.

yes, and later i'll have to export it to fragmotion, make all the skeleton again, which is a hell of a work to do, and make all the animations again. I thought I sent you the model with the animations. You'll have to make all the work again with the model I have :P.

I saw in misfit you can add vertices to bones with a simple push of a button. Simply open your model with the animations in misfit, delete the model, insert my model, and attach the vertices to the proper bone structure, and tada, my model with your skeleton...you know those things you say, and then think how in your life you would never have expected your self to say such a sentence? Well... my model with your skeleton..Strange words to say if not discussing models as in 3d models.

The fearest thing I always forget to do. I always forget to add Super animations to my models (except for my SADX model :P). Working with the SA2 model is becoming hard, dat shoez are tricky to UV map...

The fearest thing I always forget to do. I always forget to add Super animations to my models (except for my SADX model :P). Working with the SA2 model is becoming hard, dat shoez are tricky to UV map...

No they aren't :p. I know that SA2 Sonic is now low-poly enough to have two models shoved into one, so if I were you I would take the super sonic model and shove it up the normal sonic's model, and keep it hidden until the super frames, when you would then take out the super model and conceal the normal model.

DON'T ADD THE SUPER SONIC MODEL IN WITH IT. When I tried it, The Super Sonic model remained fine but Sonic's model got SCREWED UP and looked LIKE AN ABSOLUTE SEGA SATURN-LIKE MESS OF A MODEL.

DON'T ADD THE SUPER SONIC MODEL IN WITH IT. When I tried it, The Super Sonic model remained fine but Sonic's model got SCREWED UP and looked LIKE AN ABSOLUTE SEGA SATURN-LIKE MESS OF A MODEL.

Sonic Saturn is beautiful!!! Sorry, had to get that out. Also, I did it many times before and it never screwed up for me. The only time it screwed up for me was when I accidently made the super model too tiny and when I made it bigger it turned out some vertices were fused :(. But other then that there should be no problem with it.

Oh, also, I tested my idea from earlier; the one about taking your model with animations, deleting your model and adding mine then attaching the skeleton, and my idea worked;

Here is an example with the sonic boom model which I edited for srb2 usage and the skeleton from a Sonic unleashed model of Blitz Sonic Ultra:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back