Srb2 on windows 7...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think SRB2 works on Windows 7 64bits and not 32bits.
we talk a lot here but who will solve this problem?

I also have Windows 7 64bits and I'm having the same problem as you do. It's werid that I had Windows XP and it worked perfectly!

-My Spec-
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor 2.80GHz
Ram 4.00GB

-My Old Spec-
Windows XP 2001 32bit
Nivida TNT/TNT2
Ram 253MB

Maybe it's because I turn-off my Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6)

I also have Windows 7 64bits and I'm having the same problem as you do. It's werid that I had Windows XP and it worked perfectly!

cannt.png

WHY ?!!! WHY !!!
It's so hard to make this game compatible with Windows 7?! : (
all new computers for sale now come with this system.

Last edited:
I would like to make an official statement here.

Official Statement from Association of the Protection of Cue's Sanity

Windows 7 has no known issues with SRB2 directly, neither 32-bit or 64-bit has any problems, many of the developers run SRB2 on Windows 7 and I personally use 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate in a domain environment (think corporate) which is about as problematic as it gets with games and programs, and experience no issues with SRB2.

Any issues you have with SRB2 are due to drivers and such, if your computer is quite old, chances are your drivers aren't even Win7 compatible. Also, it may be that your PC is just sucky. And please check your network device drivers mostly, but also all your other drivers. To reiterate, Windows 7 does not have any issues with running on any version of Windows except for those issues which span all versions, it is an isolated problem down to your hardware/configuration, most likely a configuration error.

/end statement.

Last edited:
hum

Any issues you have with SRB2 are due to drivers and such, if your computer is quite old, chances are your drivers aren't even Win7 compatible. Also, it may be that your PC is just sucky.

All my drivers are installed correctly. And my packard bell BG48 isn't old.

16415910.png

13782257.png

70289224.png

And my computer is 100% compatible with Windows7
alldrivers.png

Last edited:
Back >.>

it is an isolated problem down to your hardware/configuration,
Hum ......

So , 90% of people in the world who uses windows 7 have problems with their hardware ...?

Dont BELIVE ME ?!
Here are the names of all the people I saw on SRB2 who have the same problem.!

Geronimo Stilton
ALLEN
Me
Bbop800
Agent Hack
Wolfy
DarkFireTheHedgeHo
Zer0
Charybdizs
---- To Be Continued!!

I know it's boring for you, but you did not know how much it is boring for us , FRAME LAG ALL THE TIME !

I could not resist XD
srb2compa.png

Last edited:
I'd say more like 5% maximum actually, a lot of people here run it fine, it's just most people won't bother coming to this thread because they don't need to.

I possibly have the BEST hardware in this entire thread yet SRB2 still can't run nicely. Everything works, it's just that joining netgames results in tons of c-lag. My internet's fine so don't say it's that. Those people who you say run it fine Cue? They don't netgame. There's your problem. For me, I don't join anymore cause of this. I just host.

Those people who you say run it fine Cue? They don't netgame. There's your problem. For me, I don't join anymore cause of this. I just host.

That reminds me. If you host, your joiners get the lag instead of you. I tried hosting on Windows 7, and everyone who joined received that horrible lag.

The question works both ways, why is it plenty of people can play fine then? (Yes, including netgaming).

SRB2 naturally has c-lag because it's a shitty engine.

I use Windows 7, and I can play SRB2 and join netgames just fine.

I would like to make an official statement here.

Official Statement from Association of the Protection of Cue's Sanity

Windows 7 has no known issues with SRB2 directly, neither 32-bit or 64-bit has any problems, many of the developers run SRB2 on Windows 7 and I personally use 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate in a domain environment (think corporate) which is about as problematic as it gets with games and programs, and experience no issues with SRB2.

Any issues you have with SRB2 are due to drivers and such, if your computer is quite old, chances are your drivers aren't even Win7 compatible. Also, it may be that your PC is just sucky. And please check your network device drivers mostly, but also all your other drivers. To reiterate, Windows 7 does not have any issues with running on any version of Windows except for those issues which span all versions, it is an isolated problem down to your hardware/configuration, most likely a configuration error.

/end statement.

I know a couple people who have the framerate lag problem when I played online with them and I was the only Windows 7 user. So perhaps this is not just a Windows 7 thing.

But isn't there a possible solution to my, and my friends' problem, ( and possibly a couple of names in this topic )? Considering me and my friends experience no framerate lag whatsoeverwhen playing on SRB2 1.09.4?

I don't know if any of you posters here with the framerate lag have tried playing on the old version to see if the result is still there. But I know for sure that in switching to SRB2 2.0, me and my friends begin experiencing the framerate lag, and in switching to the old version it's all magically gone.

I've been through 2 computers (Windows XP and Windows 7) and changed internet connections.

(X)Windows XP + SRB2 1.09.4 = Framerate lag free (multiplayer of course)
( )Windows XP + SRB2 2.0.6 = Framerate lag

(X)Windows 7 + SRB2 1.09.4 = Framerate lag free

( )Windows 7 + SRB2 2.0.6 = Framerate lag

These are just my results and it really looks like to me like the new version is causing what me, my friends, and maybe some posters here are experiencing.

I'm really interested in seeing if V0lt or some others have tried the old version on multiplayer to see if they still have frame rate lag.

If the lag is caused by something that had been added into the new version, maybe we could find out what it is?

I possibly have the BEST hardware in this entire thread yet SRB2 still can't run nicely. Everything works, it's just that joining netgames results in tons of c-lag. My internet's fine so don't say it's that. Those people who you say run it fine Cue? They don't netgame. There's your problem. For me, I don't join anymore cause of this. I just host.

I have relatively good hardware. I run Win7 x64, and can join netgames just fine. I don't do it often, but when I do, I don't have any issues (Internet connection permitting of course. 156KB/sec download 40KB/sec upload yay).

I Have a Windows 7 Ultimate, with a Verizon cable internet connection.
I get lag on netgames,but it wasn't always HORRIBLE enough to make me stop playing...
Boredom already did that once.

2 More! Keep posting guys! CUE will not say that we are less than 5% !

I'm really interested in seeing if V0lt or some others have tried the old version on multiplayer to see if they still have frame rate lag.

I don't , I've never saw a 1.09.4 serv in 2011 , But if you have not had lag Why will I have? Now , we can play without frame lag :D
psx2 = Love that infinity ring.

And the Picture of the post !!!

srb2withwin7.jpg

LET'S PARTY !!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back