Megaman 10: Nintendo Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capcom is actively hunting down the MM10 videos with Bass in them and Sprites in have been busy ripping the graphics.

http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8762

Oh and here's the total cost for the DLC of mm 9 and 10 (and trust me, I would have download them if they were true downloads)
mm9: $8 (I bought $7 worth and I'm feeling Ripped off now.)
MM10: $8
Total: $16
Total with price of games: $36

Last edited:
How is it a ripoff? The content was always meant to be downloadable and you are not paying for it when you download the game you pay for it when you download the content itself! The only thing you are being ripped off is your free space(blocks) on your wii(or PS3/360)... Or did you mean ripped off as in the content is overpriced?

You may have a point... But this is still one of the first wii games with DLC(i think) and like I said before you don't pay for the DLC until you "download" it so I don't see a problem aside from hackers( all who do it should see this)... Wait, was MM9 the same thing or did you really download the content?

I thought I really was downloading the content, not an access key. If it really was downloadable, the hackers wouldn't be able to play the "DLC" today. Think about it. Why are the Hackers able to play with Bass and the new weapons now?

Last edited:
Capcom is actively hunting down the MM10 videos with Bass in them and Sprites in have been busy ripping the graphics.

http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8762

Oh and here's the total cost for the DLC of mm 9 and 10 (and trust me, I would have download them if they were true downloads)
mm9: $8 (I bought $7 worth and I'm feeling Ripped off now.)
MM10: $8
Total: $16
Total with price of games: $36
$36 for two games.

Notice how most first-party retail games are $50 to $60 individually when they first come out.

Yeah.

And said games are ment to act like NES games.

And NES games cost 5$

Yeah, it's still ripping you off for stuff that's already IN the game.

Although If I recall Right, NES Games Back in the day were at most $30. I may be wrong though as I came in on the tail end of the NES's Generation, I think.

but even then you still got everything and for any hidden leftovers there was game genie.

Last edited:

And NES games cost 5$

Not only is this invalid because NES games aren't new releases, but also Mega Man 9 and 10 both individually have more content than any of MM 1-8. Simulating the predated graphics and sound has nothing to do with it.

Not only is this invalid because NES games aren't new releases, but also Mega Man 9 and 10 both individually have more content than any of MM 1-8. Simulating the predated graphics and sound has nothing to do with it.

I'll give you that first one, but just HOW much "additional" content, sands "DLC", is there? All that's notable are time attacks, leaderboards, and achievements. That's not a whole lot of NEW content compared to the NES games. Most of the additional content is in the fawx DLC, which costs MORE money. They GAVE you more content, but to USE it, you need to play more. That's just not right.

I fail to see the problem here, whether DLC downloads Bass/endless stage/whatever, or just uses an access code on the content, you still get it when you pay up as is in Capcoms marketing plan. From what I can see, complaining about this is akin to complaining about the color of a bow on a present, a tiny hidden bow that can only be found with some extensive searching no less!

Because Megaman 8-bit games use the Wii to its potential. The content inside really doesn't deserve the 50 dollar mark either.

And the fact most Wii games that can last MANY MORE hours are being priced at 20 dollars doesn't help either. I would not pay more then 15 dollars for either game.

And NES games cost 5$

So the basis of your argument exists because of it's cost compared to the NES games, when it's purposefully a throwback to them?

I think he is saying that Megaman 9/10 doesn't really take advantage of the Wii. It is pretty much NES 2.0.

I'll give you that first one, but just HOW much "additional" content, sands "DLC", is there? All that's notable are time attacks, leaderboards, and achievements. That's not a whole lot of NEW content compared to the NES games. Most of the additional content is in the fawx DLC, which costs MORE money. They GAVE you more content, but to USE it, you need to play more. That's just not right.
An NES game by default is five to eight dollars, and Mega Man 10 is ten dollars. Mega Man 10 has at least a little more content than previous titles (since you put it that way) and is a new release, so naturally, it's a little bit more expensive. Yet when you buy the additional content (thus DEFINITELY giving the game more content than any previous classic MM), the game is still less than $20, which, for its replay value, I'd argue is a perfectly fair price for a game of this caliber. It's not a bargain, but to call it a scam, I think you'd have to not enjoy the game to begin with.

And, let's be perfectly frank here, I don't get why everybody's complaining about downloadable content you can just hack into. Do you look at a candy bar and say "paying for that is a ripoff; that other guy just stole it and ran off"? Do you go to an inn and get pissed at the company because you have to pay for the key when a shady guy in a trenchcoat used his magical "one-key-fits-all" tool earlier to take a free nap? Do you have the hypocrisy to argue that Capcom is ripping you off by letting you hack into content that was not advertised as free, and not intended to be tinkered with, when frankly, they are the ones getting ripped off by this exploit? Please explain this to me.

And the fact most Wii games that can last MANY MORE hours are being priced at 20 dollars doesn't help either.

It would be helpful if you posted how many hours you think MM10 with DLC can last. Also name some $20 Wii games that come to mind. Quality ones, if at all possible.

The following is the greatest game trailer in 10 years.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-the-mega-man-10/62738 The preceding link is a retro commercial for MM10. If I didn't buy it Monday, and it were a disc game, I'd have bought 5 copies in less than 10 seconds after watching. LOL at singing over MMX intro stage.
An NES game by default is five to eight dollars, and Mega Man 10 is ten dollars. Mega Man 10 has at least a little more content than previous titles (since you put it that way) and is a new release, so naturally, it's a little bit more expensive. Yet when you buy the additional content (thus DEFINITELY giving the game more content than any previous classic MM), the game is still less than $20, which, for its replay value, I'd argue is a perfectly fair price for a game of this caliber. It's not a bargain, but to call it a scam, I think you'd have to not enjoy the game to begin with.

And, let's be perfectly frank here, I don't get why everybody's complaining about downloadable content you can just hack into. Do you look at a candy bar and say "paying for that is a ripoff; that other guy just stole it and ran off"? Do you go to an inn and get pissed at the company because you have to pay for the key when a shady guy in a trenchcoat used his magical "one-key-fits-all" tool earlier to take a free nap? Do you have the hypocrisy to argue that Capcom is ripping you off by letting you hack into content that was not advertised as free, and not intended to be tinkered with, when frankly, they are the ones getting ripped off by this exploit? Please explain this to me.
You are more logical than those people bitching are, no more, no less.

It would be helpful if you posted how many hours you think MM10 with DLC can last. Also name some $20 Wii games that come to mind. Quality ones, if at all possible.
By game mode option, estimates are based on character stats and assume a MegaMan veteran is playing, as I've only completed Bass E so far. Also, I'm being generous:
Mega E; 2 hours.
Proto E; 2 hours, 30 minutes.
Bass E; 1 hour, 32 minutes.
Mega N; 2 hours 45 minutes.
Proto N; 3 hours, 15 minutes.
Bass N; 2 hours.
Mega H; 5 hours.
Proto H; 5 hours, 30 minutes.
Bass H; 4 hours 30 minutes.

Challenge Mode: Variant between 5 hours and never finish, depending on user's dodging skills.
In total, somewhere between 26 hours and 2 minutes and eternity to 100% the game.

o.o The difference between the difficulties is staggering, TBQH. Easy has Yasichis everywhere, Normal has a couple more non-midboss giant enemies, and I'm frightened to think what Hard will change!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back