[Open Assets] SRB2 - Community Build! - Full color Edition! (PNG)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, I try to start up SRB2Build to try it out then it says it's not responding then it says a problem cause this program to stop working correctly. What should I do now?

For the sanity of Jeck so he doesn't have to deal with people who don't read, there's a new version that should work on Windows Vista + 7 and it no longer has the MD2 issues.

MD2 shadows also removed, tested to work with SRB2 Doom Builder on Windows 7

I think multi characters Md2s is broken...

No, they work, try something like this in md2.dat:

Code:
Tails TAILS.MD2 3.0 0.0
Knuckles KNUCKLES.MD2 3.0 0.0
Sonic SONIC.md2 3.0 0.0

And put the char MD2s in a new folder named "MD2" inside where you have the main SRB2CB program.

Thank you for fixing the MD2 shadows, I tried to do it myself with the code you posted but the compiler kept spitting out some nasm.exe error. >_<

No, they work, try something like this in md2.dat:

Code:
Tails TAILS.MD2 3.0 0.0
Knuckles KNUCKLES.MD2 3.0 0.0
Sonic SONIC.md2 3.0 0.0
And put the char MD2s in a new folder named "MD2" inside where you have the main SRB2CB program.

Ok,so basically its case sensitive,right?

(P.S. i typed Sonic sonic.md2 3.0 0.0)

EDIT: Now only Sonic works but the rest stay sprited.

Last edited:

I don't know if the name is case-sensitive, but if you're using an OS like Linux that has case-sensitive filenames, you should rename all the MD2-related files to lowercase names and make all filenames in the md2.dat file lowercase. That was how I fixed it.

Put the other Md2s in Md2.dat, and in your Md2 folder. Considering, like Tails.md2 and Tails.png. Put in your Tails md2 and Knuckles md2 and they will be 3D. And still need to be 3.0 0.0 if the things aren't 3D then go find some, like Jeck's md2s.

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

For the 1,457,123rd time, delete md2.dat; NOT the MD2s!
OR you move it to another folder. but, that works. =/

The real problem was that everything was working fine until this new release.

EDIT:I guess I am going to re-download every MD2 related files

Last edited:
when i try starting it up it just shows the window for it then a black screen then it returns to the desktop screen. i don't know whats wrong.

Last edited:
also if i start it in window mode the window appears then disappears.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

but if i add the skybox wad it works but i can't complete that level because it literally is uncompletable... or incompletable, whichever it is.

Last edited:
but if i add the skybox wad it works but i can't complete that level bcuz it literally is uncompletable.
That's because all the included stages are merely tech demos, you twat. They're not supposed to be completable, just show off the new features this mod adds.

Anyway, something I thought of while playing around with slopes is that knuckles should totally be given the ability to climb upside-down slopes to a certain extent, like in the Adventure games.

ok now i can't join a net game because it seems to only let me play if i have (from what i see) at least 3 wad files and i don't know if they have to be the same 3 but that wouldn't have anything to do with this anyway.oh and tails bots in coop or just single player coop will jump and start flying every so often when they're running or standing still.

Last edited:
something else to work on is making bots be more cooperative and not hog bubbles underwater because that's what they did and make them well A LOT smarter than they are. and have them venture out away from the player and don't always hang by them.

Last edited:
E-dawg, the project is discontinued.

Was there a reason it was discontinued? I never heard why Kalaron dropped it so suddenly.

Really, there isn't much more we need, though. Slopes, FOF Slopes, Balloons, Fountains, and Gliders, and Skyboxes. Really, that alone is enough to make me use this mod when I design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back