• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Spiral Cave (match)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! This is my first wad!
Spiral cave is a cave that have 4 spirals. You must battle with the other players in the spirals and in the corredor that links them.
Screenshots... I dont have big things to show... In the floor and in the sky I used the Greenflower walls. Do you know that walls with squares. In the walls there is GFZ walls again... This is a beta so it may be boring! But I ill update this every time!

WARNING!: If you see some bugs you now what to do! Post here!

WARNING: Im new at the level making world so you will need enter match in any level and use MAP MAP11 -force in the console to play...

Did i forgot something?
R: THE DOWNLOAD LINK!!!!!!!!
Ops sorry...
Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/pfrrrq

PS: Im portuguese so my english is not perfect...

Urmm... It's not that good...

There's not even a thok barrier in it. It's just 4 spiral Corridors with paths linking them.

Monster Iestyn said:

There's not even a thok barrier in it. It's just 4 spiral Corridors with paths linking them.

I sayd... Im new... How can i put the thok barrier? And for what is it? And i sayd that it would be boring... In the future i will add other things! Im now working on the level...

Edit: I forgot the rings... Sorry...

Shails the Shadow said:
Monster Iestyn said:

I sayd... Im new... How can i put the thok barrier? And for what is it? And i sayd that it would be boring... In the future i will add other things! Im now working on the level...

A thok barrier is basically a sector around the level which has a floor and ceiling of the same height and is needed to prevent Sonic from thokking out of the map. Look at the Official levels to see what I mean.

God, this is worse than E.T.
- Too Cramped
- No Rings
- No Map header
- No Thok Barrier
- Too Flat.

Sir, you must read The Wiki, she is your pal...

1/10

You tell someone to read the wiki, then you do not provide a link? Not everyone knows about the wiki, you know.

This link will tell you how to create a thok barrier.

This link will tell you how to create a level header. This will prevent you from having to -force to get the map to work properly.

Once you get through with the two above links, read through this to really get going in designing your map. It covers basic level design for all gametypes.

Should be enough to get you going for a bit. If you have any questions about the above material, feel free to ask. Also note that for a lot of basic mapping questions, http://wiki.srb2.org is the place to go.

Strange, before I posted, I moused over his post and found no link. In that case, disregard my first statement in my previous post.

Still, linking to the wiki main page is not a good idea and I suggest to frown upon it >:(

Speedylizzard14 said:
Sir, you must read The Wiki, she is your pal...
She? Weird, I always treated the wiki as if it was male XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back