SRB2 v1.09.4 vs v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSpikes57

I like chicken pot pie.
Which version of Sonic Robo Blast 2 does everyone like the most? Personally, I enjoy SRB2 v1.09.4 because I like the bonus levels, being able to play Mystic Realm, SRB2JTE, and other wads, and the sonic thing at the end when you complete all the levels. But seriously. Which does everyone like?

2.0 > 1.09.4.
Even with the lack of OpenGL (even though there's a version with it), this version is obviously superior to 1.09.4. Sure, it has its problems, but they'll be fixed eventually. And plus, mods and old wads 'n crap can all be ported. 2.0 has better features overall, better match system, better levels, and so on. It's just... better.

I never understood why anyone would like 1.X over 2.0. It's so obviously better in every aspect. The bonus levels that were taken out weren't really fun in the first place, so I don't really care for them. And what do you mean by the "sonic thing at the end"?

All the big-name and high-quality level packs will get ported eventually, and mods like JTE should be best forgotten about. It really isn't that great as some people make it out to be, and I don't miss it.

I don't see what the problem is either. Both versions are still available, so you can just pick up 1.09.4 is you want to play an old level and use 2.0 for everything else.

2.0 because I don't whine about things being removed that had a good reason to be removed.

This right here. Plus, all the good mods/level packs are being ported anyway, which was also mentioned. SRB2JTE ain't that great. SPMoves on the other hand...

2.0 is better, as it's more balanced, and has a lot better modes. (Hooray Tag, H&S and team rings! :3)

Csay doesn't hurt either, nor does spectators. (But hell, it's kinda tedious whipping the noobs into shape on that matter.)

Obviously 2.0 is better. It's got a much deeper single player mode, and an improved CEZ. Not to mention the newer modes like tag and hide and seek. The wads don't really bother me much, as most of them will be ported anyway.

The only thing I miss from 1.09x is the match system. I still think both systems should be supported in 2.0.5 >.>

I don't care if it's unbalanced, as long as it's fun.

What I miss from 1.09.4 is Christmas mode. Christmas and SRB2 just seem to go together ever since the birth of SRB2.

But on the other hand, 2.0 does have the better engine, polyobjects, and a better Match system.

I think v1.09.4 is better because you could save at any time, not just when you clear a zone. And because there was a WAD launcher for 1.09.4. Though 2.0 has its high points, those being more levels, better Knux sprites, and others.

We just don't support it anymore. Feel free to keep using it; we're just not going to help you if it doesn't work right for something.

Personally I don't see how anyone would prefer 1.X to 2.0. The difference is night and day in how much more refined 2.0 is.

I think v1.09.4 is better because you could save at any time, not just when you clear a zone.
So what's better: Playing through 9 levels (three of them being crap) with the possibility to save after each one and playing through 16 levels (with the new ones being fantastic) with the new save system? Just because you like one tiny (and somewhat unimportant aspect of 1.09.4 better, does that mean that's it's a better release altogether?

Yeah.. Really, just because there are a few things better, 2.0 really is better. Even if there are more WADs for that version is because it's been around way longer. The new one's only been around for a short time. The only reason I still have 1.09.4 on my computer is to play through X-mas mode on Christmas. 8P

I think Jazz really summed it up quite nicely.

I also really don't understand why ANYONE wants the old match system back. It's unbalanced as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back