Pangya - Anime style MMO Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Autosaver said:
^I agree

BUT! The PANGYA creators/owners have a special website. You can sign up for like games for example and get points. Its better then spending 10 bucks for 30 minutes of your time.

That isn't really a special website. Unfortunately for me since I don't live in the USA, most of the decent offers that do work after you give them fake info don't work for me at all since I get redirected because it isn't available in my area. Even after using a proxy, it fails to work. :/

In the end, I sucked up and payed $20 since that is all that I'll ever need for a couple of months.

I don't know what club set to get. And what items. I find the Mascot items not worth it(2400000 pang for 30 days :D)

I like the Sword set. And blessed Mithril. When I play this game, it reminds me of a fighting anime....

Do the other comets offer anything? Or are they just decorations?

Last edited:
Sonict said:
Orangelink said:
This game frustrates me, as no matter how much I play it doesn't feel like I'm improving at all- I still suck no matter how much i try to get better. Plus, all the stuff in the in-game store which actually might make the characters look half decent costs a bunch of actual money, and I can't see a single club which doesn't cost actual money as well.

Other than those, the game is pretty fun.

Even if you somehow had those items, you won't magically be better. This game really relies on you and not your items. The items help a bit, but it still boils down to you in the end.

If you need coaching, Crazy can certainly help you on the irc channel. I can try and help you as well. This game requires lots of practice. Maybe you are playing on the tough courses?

Keep on trying. Eventually, it will suddenly click.
I'd hardly call blue lagoon a tough course. I actually end up doing better on that odd portal pirate place then I do there, though.

I really don't mind the fact that I suck, it's just that I don't feel like I'm getting any better- I don't feel like I'm making any progress, and that is very frustrating to me.

As a side note, this game likes crashing my graphics card for no reason.

In terms of not getting better, are you playing solo? A lot of this can be learned from others. There's a bit of a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, you can fail as well as the rest of us. No idea why you're crashing.

Um, try lowering the details?(options)

Anyone out there with an average graphics card should be able to play the game. And anyone who wants the game to look more "cleaner" turn on widescreen and higher the details.

Autosaver said:

Um, try lowering the details?(options)

Anyone out there with an average graphics card should be able to play the game. And anyone who wants the game to look more "cleaner" turn on widescreen and higher the details.
No. It's not the game slowing to a halt, it's the game crashing my graphics card. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the detail settings in the game- if my graphics card can play tf2 with all settings set to high, it sure as hell can play pangya with all settings set to high.

And no, I never play alone in this.

One of the biggest problems playing this game are foreign people. (Brazil mostly) And its a rule IIRC to speak English in game. And if you don't, its hard to communicate with one another.

I have the Wii version, and it's pretty fun. I actually like it better in some ways than the PC version. Namely, Balloon Pop mode, and the Tecmo gear (Ninja Gaiden outfit? Yes please!). Balloon Pop is a heck of a lot of fun at parties. Not to mention that getting a Pangya with an actual swing just feels oh-so-satisfying.

Well. I have to bump this up just to say something that I'm sure most of you won't expect. Who knows how long it will last though. :)

Mystic has joined and played Pangya with Senku, Zap610 (Which promptly quit when starting the game!), and me. This is no joke. I forgot the command to the screenshot key, but Mystic can confirm that he did indeed play.

At any rate, this info is only for... Shall I say it.... "Mystic Fans" *shot*

Either way, I am happy. I hope he continues to play. He did like some of stuff which before, was a few reasons why he quit Pangya back in 2006. Of course, some of the things that he didn't like came back to haunt him!

I personally would love to play Pangya more often. I only really play this game with friends only. I don't really trust anyone else.

No, the game is freeware. I have only spend $20 just because I couldn't get a couple of items by getting the "points" for free. The USA is lucky for that. :<

I am unsure what you mean by your other question. What season of the game did you join?

I don't really see how Mystic playing is a big thing, he used to play it all the time, I recall I had him on my friends list till my account was removed in the big shift because I didn't login.

Eh? To some people, they do think it is a big thing. Of course, back in 2006, he just found out about the game so he was playing it for a good while. Then the WoW bug broke in :P

Regardless of the outcome, I hope people at least attempt to try it before they outright say that the game sucks.

Hi, guys. Just letting you know that we still play this game and we are slowly gathering more and more people and this makes the game fun playing with each other.

Here is a short list of people who play: Sonict, Boinciel, Cue, Shuffle, Mach, Zap610, YellowTail, Flame, Senku, Mystic, Tets, Kaysakado, Yoshibot, Arf, SRB2-Playah, Chase, JEV3, Crazy, and MilesTraysandor.

That is most of the people on my friends list. I hope it continues to grow. I find it fun when playing with you guys. I don't really care about winning, but I do love having fun.

You should use our PangYa!! names so we can friend each other.* Either way, the game's a lot of fun. Approach mode is great with a decent number of people, and the normal games are cool with friends.
My favorite courses are Lost Seaway (great for farming Pang, but its also a lot of fun), and Silvia's Cannon (great for laughs, much like rainbow road).
I just upgraded the power on Kooh's clubs last night, so hopefully I should be able to make some of those tougher drives now. I probably won't be buying any more outfits or characters until I'm loaded with Pang. If I had money, I'd spend it trying to make Kooh look like Flandre. (inb4 eww touhou is fad)

The valentines event is ridiculous though. Who in the world has enough time to fill all of the heart meters by playing game after game? I'm also not fond of the fact that you have to either have millions of pang or cash in order to upgrade, as that always was the best part of RPGs, being able to upgrade.

* - I'm JEV3(e27)... I would like to have my old name back, but I'm not sure I wanna deal with the 1:1 support again. Last time they thought that I was trying to use my account name. (which I wasn't)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back