• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Waddle Dee Wad, in teh progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellybones

Lawful Neutral
Ok, this is my first character wad, but that won't get in the way of it being good. I hope.

. . .

waddledeecn7.png

His frames, that are done so far:
Walking sprites, front
waddledee2qt7.png

waddledee3qo2.png

More noticeable walking
waddledee9za5.png

waddledee10jg7.png

Walking sprites back and standing stance, from behind
waddledee4my4.png

(Normal Pose)

waddledee6sn3.png

waddledee5it5.png

More noticeable walking
waddledee11os8.png

waddledee12lj6.png

He just needs some shading, a more spherical body, arms to the side rather than above him, and a more symmetrical sprite.

Speaking of which, seeing this made me think of something hilarious. Remember Scarfy, that cute thing that if you attempt to swallow it, it becomes a single-eyed hellspawn? It would be quite humorous if someone made a SOC to change every Deton into one of those. I've seen a WAD that did that, except using the Miles Doll (AKA Tails; his creator wanted his name to be Miles, so I call him that. Sue me.).

NOTE: I am NOT requesting it. It was just a thought I had. Again, I am NOT requesting it.

Uber Shell said:
He just needs some shading, a more spherical body, arms to the side rather than above him, and a more symmetrical sprite.

Ok. I recall the arms on his head though.......hmm. Just me. I'll edit the first post in a bit.

Here's a picture I have that you can use as a reference:
waddledeedb8.th.gif

I, personally, would save it just in case something happens to this site or your internet access, but I'm the kind of guy that plans ahead, so feel free to disregard that.

Fatter then I remember. I just edited the first post to be symmetrical. I'll make him fatter now though.

EDIT: You sure you dont like the symmetrical one? =P

Well, this is from the animated series, so that might explain that.

When did I say I disliked it? I suggested that you make him symmetrical.

I guess, he wasn't so fat in the games.

You never said you disliked it, it's just that soon after I posted symmetrical waddle-dee you posted the picture. Maybe bad timing, I guess.

So is symmetrical fine? I figure it needs more shading but I wouldn't know.

Sorry, I didn't expect you to make an edit so quickly. I did not mean anything by it.

But I digress. He still needs to be more spherical. Other than that and the shading, he looks fine. You're off to a great start in such a short time!

Thank you. I'm doing the shading now but I suppose I should make him rounder first. I shall get to that.

EDIT: Just re-did him. He was easier.

I have a friend who will go GA-GA over this. He LOVES Waddle Dees! Maybe NOW I can convince him to play SRB2...

Give him more of a noticeable walking animation. Reshape him to look more like the picture Uber Shell posted. And of course, moar shading. Nice job so far though.

His walking sprites are more noticeable. I'm working on side ones, as for the picture, I'll try making him fatter without screwing him up.

EDIT: Shading, too. I'll get a lighter color

Ack, this topic is deing. I'm just letting you all know I'm still doing this...

79215782vn1.png

please tell me it's smexy. More shading, fatter.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back