Start up error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosales

I tried the game a few years ago, obviously before the latest version, and it worked fine. So I stumbled across the game today, downloaded it, and tried to play it. To my dismay, I keep getting the same error.

"SetDisplay Mode FAILED: Function call not supported"

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Are you trying to use OpenGL? If you are, then you might have to edit your config.cfg with whatever text editor you want (notepad should be fine) and change the resolution. I can't remember what part of the file you need to change, but I think you search for the x-res and y-res. Of course, you can just try to change the defaults in software mode.

I think SRB2 has a bug when you use the default resolution on OpenGL, it won't open. I think the bug happens because of a newer feature in software mode where it is able to run in 640 x 400 windowed.

Try launching the game using the -width and -height parameters to pick a resolution your hardware setup likes, then go into the video options menu and change the default starting resolution.

No matter what I do it won't let the game startup. Just brings up the error box I mentioned in the beginning. Running Windows XP, which I'm told should bare no problem with the game.

Edit : I figured it out, it had to do with my default resolution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back