]
{
}
\
~
`
=
+

Does anyone know what may be causing this?

What kind of keyboard do you use? (I don't mean logitech and etc, I mean like qwerty and dvorak and all that fun stuff)

I'm not sure, how do I figure it out? I've looked around on the entire keyboard, but other than knowing it's HP, I don't know what you mean.

Yes, QWERTY. It's odd though, years ago it worked fine and I could use all symbols. But now some just don't work.

Better question, hold shift and type out 1234567, what do you get?

UK Keyboard: !"£$%^&

!"·$%&/ for me, I know what´s wrong.

The SRB2 keyboard is designed specificly for Nort-American, English speaking users. There are several symbols I can´t put on SRB2, such as:

ñÑ ´¨ ¿¡º and others, it´s just about getting used to where the SRB2 symbols are located.

Yes, it's a problem with the keyboard configuration. For instance, if I press Shift + "-" (which generates an underscore), it'll write an interrogation mark. SRB2 uses the NA keyboard system, as stated above. You have to press other keys to get the characters you wish. IIRC, [ and ] are the 2 keys between P and Return (Enter).

I do have the QWERTY pattern, and the numeric shifts goes:
!@#$%¨&
This is brazilian pattern.
To say :, I have to type ç. To say ?, I have to type :. It just goes weird.

Yes, it's a problem with the keyboard configuration. For instance, if I press Shift + "-" (which generates an underscore), it'll write an interrogation mark. SRB2 uses the NA keyboard system, as stated above. You have to press other keys to get the characters you wish. IIRC, [ and ] are the 2 keys between P and Return (Enter).

Is there a way to fix this, though?
If not, thanks for at least letting me know the cause of the problem.

There is a way. You must go on the Control Panel of your computer and set the keyboard pattern. If there isn't the desired pattern, you have to download it and install it.

The game is supposed to have several keymaps the user could switch between to offer correct compatibility with several key arrangements, but for some reason all but the English keymap (ENGLISH in the console) seem to have bit the dust.

More complicated characters such as accented, or Cyrillic characters are never going to happen because they'd have to fit (and be legible) within a 7x7 square.

I haven't been able to type ' for some reason(dunno how it happened or started). My keyboard should be American, but ~ is considered KEY96 on this keyboard.

More complicated characters such as accented, or Cyrillic characters are never going to happen because they'd have to fit (and be legible) within a 7x7 square.

And SRB2 also doesn't support unicode, so it's pretty limited in that regard.

How about we add support for foreign and UK keyboards in a later release? It'll be something I would really welcome, as I hate typing @ for my "s. (And " for my @s.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back