• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Moonshine City - My work-in-progress RP map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hendrix

The guy of horror maps.
Hello there, people!
I'm now showing you people some screenshots of my new WAD project: Moonshine City.

I am doing a big hangout map with a lot of places for freeroam, easter eggs, 7 hidden emeralds for collecting and some more fun stuff.
Release is soon.

Attachments

• srb20445.png
    srb20445.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 517
  • srb20446.png
    srb20446.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 502
  • srb20447.png
    srb20447.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 482
  • srb20448.png
    srb20448.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 474
  • srb20449.png
    srb20449.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 421
  • srb20450.png
    srb20450.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 451
  • srb20451.png
    srb20451.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 450
Hmm.... I guess Jazz did something REALLY equal as this map.... Just... The grass, colormap and sky. Nice-looking.

Hmm.... I guess Jazz did something REALLY equal as this map.... Just... The grass, colormap and sky. Nice-looking.

Hm... I have posted a lot of screenshots of this "work-in-progress" on SRB2 Discord community. He could take the idea from 'em, I don't know. Not saying he did it.
Anyways, this project is pretty old: around 3 years of editing and procrastination. I'm getting some inspiration to come back editing this nowadays.

around 3 years of editing and procrastination.
Wait a second, 3 years??!
I mean, you have been working for 3 years or 2 of them are laziness?
About Jazz.... He posted the screenshots on Discord too and i am pretty sure he did before you.
srb20000.png

Alright I think I should clear the needless confusion Smith created.

A bit of backstory: Jazz club is an old thing that existed since 2015. In that year I made the first version. In late 2016 I finished a remake for it. (The one you usually see at Spectrum)

In the middle of this year I realized the map became Too small and repetitive. With the new knowledge I gained over the course, I started another remake. It's a kinda private project with a group of friends so you won't see it mentioned a lot.

Smith The Icefox said:
About Jazz.... He posted the screenshots on Discord too and i am pretty sure he did before you.

Like I said before, I started this project in the middle of this year, early august maybe. Back then I wasn't aware of Hendrix's project, neither was he about mine. So there's no way anyone copied anything. Both maps have different themes. Hendrix's map is a city, while mine is a club.
Also I'm pretty sure that Hendrix posted on discord some screenshots of his project way before the screenshot you posted (which I didn't give you permission to post it).

Chill out, people! No one copied anything here... Jazz has his original ideas, and I had too, we just use a similar style of atmosphere on map (colormap and textures). By the way, I started editing this map around late 2014.
As you can see on my another release here on MB "mt_midnightmeadow.wad", I used the same colormap. I really like nighty maps with that colormap, so I think it would fit good in a city x3

There's no confusion people! Peace 'u'

Alright I think I should clear the needless confusion Smith created
I'd say your post is needless;
You created a confusion, when i said you did before Hendrix i meant, you did post the screenshots before and if i am wrong, that's just okay.
Chill out, people! No one copied anything here... Jazz has his original ideas, and I had too, we just use a similar style of atmosphere on map (colormap and textures). By the way, I started editing this map around late 2014.
As you can see on my another release here on MB "mt_midnightmeadow.wad", I used the same colormap. I really like nighty maps with that colormap, so I think it would fit good in a city x3

There's no confusion people! Peace 'u'

Right, no confusion. That's why i repeat, copy isn't inspiration, i meant it were kinda inspiration not a copy.
There's a significant difference between copy and inspiration
Also, good job Hendrix, it may be really hard to make a full map with colormap! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back